Debate What is fourth dimension?

TheMedic2001

Lately I've been thinking about the fourth dimension what it really is and what I came up with is this :
Fourth dimension is time itself it holds all three dimensional universes which are like strings. Together they're like spiderweb. Each string has it's vibration and every vibration has it's frequency. It holds information from all the three dimensional universes like a computer or a game engine it holds information like :
EVENTS - Past, Present, Future.
LOCATION, ROTATION - (X, Y, Z, PITCH, YAW, ROLL).
VARIABLES - Force, Mass basically things that make stuff like movement happen.
PROBABILITIES/OUTCOMES - What if you picked chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla?
I want to see what you think! Am I right? Am I wrong? Is the fourth dimension actually Gods belly button?

steven chiverton

if you really want to know the answer arsk the most valuable intelligent life in the universe as they've been around longer than us and would have knowledge so far in advance that your own goverment would kill for it like they still do, alien knowleged direct from an alien can be more trusted that the falsee stuff the goverments of the world bring us up on

TheMedic2001

if you really want to know the answer arsk the most valuable intelligent life in the universe as they've been around longer than us and would have knowledge so far in advance that your own goverment would kill for it like they still do, alien knowleged direct from an alien can be more trusted that the falsee stuff the goverments of the world bring us up on
True they always make sure they're a few steps ahead of us.

TimeFlipper

Steve can you tell SanicHotdog where he might find a lurking alien? :D
Before you ask about the 4th dimension, most dont even understand the 3 dimensions.

Height..Length and Width our 3D World :D

NaturalPhilosopher

Turns out height, length and width is the incorrect definition of dimension. They're not 1st principles.
Reason I say that is because of the existence of gravity and momentum. They both move objects.
How can a void(absence of anything) push on objects?

Tesla said it best. I'm paraphrasing. "How can matter tell nothing how to curve and a curved nothing tell matter how to move?"
Obviously length, width and depth is something other than what's described.

Here's another point. How can zero dimensional points(no length, width or depth) line up to make a one dimensional line(length only). It's silly. Let alone width and depth at right angles to the first.

Obviously the 3 dimensions cannot be subdivided from each other at all. I prefer to refer it as a scalar value.
Like air pressure or density.

Mayhem is right, define the three dimensions first then the 4th.

Last edited:

NaturalPhilosopher

There is a Tesla definition of 3d and time.
The aether.

There's a million aether theories, each with supporting evidence.
Which one is correct?

choose your poison.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Turns out height, length and width is the incorrect definition of dimension. They're not 1st principles.
Reason I say that is because of the existence of gravity and momentum. They both move objects.
How can a void(absence of anything) push on objects?

Tesla said it best. I'm paraphrasing. "How can matter tell nothing how to curve and a curved nothing tell matter how to move?"
Obviously length, width and depth is something other than what's described.

Here's another point. How can zero dimensional points(no length, width or depth) line up to make a one dimensional line(length only). It's silly. Let alone width and depth at right angles to the first.

Obviously the 3 dimensions cannot be subdivided from each other at all. I prefer to refer it as a scalar value.
Like air pressure or density.

Mayhem is right, define the three dimensions first then the 4th.

When Faraday first discovered the lines of electrical and magnetic force, the need for some conducting medium became very important..
During the scientific age there was a demand for a suitable medium for the propagation of light, and the term Luminiferous Aether was coined.. Isaac Newton plus a few others became the early developers of that idea..

Then along came Clarke Maxwells electric and magnetic wave theory, and there was an even bigger need for a propagating medium a more inclusive "Luminiferous Aether"....The term Aether was eventually used which served the purpose for the propagation of all electromagnetic waves...Later the aether was seen as a raw essence that permeated the whole of the universe (similar to the Orgone concept),....Science dropped the word aether, but then in 2002 a resurgence of the "Aether" came up in two concepts using the same term..

The term, "Dynamic Aether" represented the first Luminiferous-and-gravitational aether in the context of the Expanding Universe, and the other Dynamic Luminiferous-and-gravitational aether model represented the Non Expanding Universe, and in both theories it is the presence of the Aether which causes both the Expanding and Non Expanding Universe theories...

I refer back to the OP of this thread and say that his concept of the three dimensions is very well put, and how the fourth dimension is seen within string theory including other ideas...The only thing i would add to it is my belief that "time" is also a sequencer, which prevents everything happening at the same time, and very likely being controlled in part by the frequencies of the string vibrations..
The "standard" use for the term 3D does represent the geometry as put, but i do like your personal views of them and how well you fit in "Time" for the 4th dimension (y)..

I would very much like to see our member Mayhem describe his personal take on the three dimensions, assuming that he hasnt already posted them while im typing this out :D..

NP..i think you are confused over the terms that i used, Height Length and Width, that is how we measure "objects", it has nothing at all to do with a "void" as you described it...I was not speaking metaphorically by trying to discuss the so called "higher philosophical abstracts" of what 3 Dimensions mean..:D..

NP i would really like to see where Tesla defined 3 dimensions and time as the Aether, so put me onto that link please...During Teslas time the Aether was only seen as a medium for the transmission of Electromagnetic Waves....And regarding the millions of theories, with supporting evidence of the Aether, i would like you to show me just three please, so put me onto those links also please..:giggle:..

NaturalPhilosopher

obviously the vacuum that photons travel is space. So the aetheric medium and spacetime are intimately linked.

relativity being what it is..loses credibility not in it's factual relationships between mass-energy and spacetime but within the 1st principles of all of those.

Obviously photons aren't particles and waves same time. Only one at a time unless you believe particles are sentient and can predict being observed before they are. Anyways all that jazz is just fudges to cover up the aether's existence. Known as the 'higgs field' or the probability of the dirac sea, ad nauseum.

How photons can remain quantized energy and arrive at a distant atom and then still be quantized is the same thing that happens with Tesla photons. Surprise, surprise.

Kinda nice, cuz that means photons do have mass cuz the aether would.

TimeFlipper

obviously the vacuum that photons travel is space. So the aetheric medium and spacetime are intimately linked.

relativity being what it is..loses credibility not in it's factual relationships between mass-energy and spacetime but within the 1st principles of all of those.

Obviously photons aren't particles and waves same time. Only one at a time unless you believe particles are sentient and can predict being observed before they are. Anyways all that jazz is just fudges to cover up the aether's existence.

Kinda nice, cuz that means photons do have mass cuz the aether would.

I dont believe you need any "mediums" such as an aetheric and/or spacetime field...EM waves have an electrical and a magnetic vector, and because of those they will have an electric and magnetic field...In the presence of an electrical and magnetic field vector which "vibrates" perpendicular to each other, we get a perturbation or movement of the EM waves within a Vacuum, which is how they travel large distances.

You will be aware of the "Radio Stars" that send transmissions from many light years away to us...The way they do this is that their signals match the resonant frequency of the Hydrogen atoms (1420Mhz) which exist within the whole vacuum of Outer Space...The Hydrogen atoms act as a sort of "Cell Net" for getting those Radio Stars transmissions to us, again without any need of any other medium..

Last edited: