What is God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Unknown

If God is outside of space and time, he sees everything happening at the same time. There is evil in this world and he doesn't stop it. There are only two options: 1. He's a sick fuck and created all of this theater just for his entertainment. 2. He can't change nothing because he is outside of time. He can't even change himself because there is no change in eternity. He just is. And if it's option 2, he has no control over the world. Or maybe we are supposed to be united to him but the reptilians are creating linear time using planet saturn. Maybe the gnostics were right and we are feeding with our suffering energy a giant demiurge. If Yahwe is real, I don't know what to say. He could have prevented all the suffering and pain. But he had to follow the script he wrote without caring of the suffering of humans. Maybe it's all a joke. Maybe we are part of a gigantic consciousness. A mind. And if that is true, what kind of sick mind would create such a hell like this.

Gnostic Christian

If God is outside of space and time, he sees everything happening at the same time. There is evil in this world and he doesn't stop it. There are only two options: 1. He's a sick fuck and created all of this theater just for his entertainment. 2. He can't change nothing because he is outside of time. He can't even change himself because there is no change in eternity. He just is. And if it's option 2, he has no control over the world. Or maybe we are supposed to be united to him but the reptilians are creating linear time using planet saturn. Maybe the gnostics were right and we are feeding with our suffering energy a giant demiurge. If Yahwe is real, I don't know what to say. He could have prevented all the suffering and pain. But he had to follow the script he wrote without caring of the suffering of humans. Maybe it's all a joke. Maybe we are part of a gigantic consciousness. A mind. And if that is true, what kind of sick mind would create such a hell like this.

The Gnostic Christians were correct but please know that we did not read our myths literally. That would be foolish and the Gnostic Christians were anything but foolish. That is why the church sent it inquisitions out to destroy us and all the more intelligent thinkers.

I like this scholars view on what god is. I have imbedded it into an old O.P. that also shows Gnostic Christian thinking on Jesus.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

what kind of sick mind would create such a hell like this.

On the evil you seem to see. I and other Gnostic Christians do not see it. We see a bit of evil in the larger good of our continuing evolution and statistics show that that is the correct view.

IOW, we have no problem of evil as all human to human evil is caused by our competing against each other. If we stopped competing the weak would inherit the earth and we would eventually go extinct.

All we can do and have done is mitigate the harm of our competition for the losers to our competitions.

Regards
DL

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith

A mind that is constantly learning, constantly evolving until eventually we get back to the source.. and there we find that we are one, I am you, you are me. One consciousness expressing itself as 7 billion individuals so that it can be the best and purest entity that it can be..

Gnostic Christian

A mind that is constantly learning, constantly evolving until eventually we get back to the source.. and there we find that we are one, I am you, you are me. One consciousness expressing itself as 7 billion individuals so that it can be the best and purest entity that it can be..

I guess that you do not believe the scriptures that say god is perfect. Right?

You think your destiny is to be god. Right?

Regards
DL

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I guess that you do not believe the scriptures that say god is perfect. Right?

You think your destiny is to be god. Right?

Regards
DL

An entity that is a million years more technologically advanced than me may appear perfect..
But ultimately they are an individual, just like me. I do not have to worship someone because they were born a million or a billion years before me..

Mr Unknown

Even if there is a higher purpose, it doesn't justify all the suffering in the world. People might say that we need to suffer so we become better people. Like, what about kids in Africa? Born in poverty and they die in poverty or slavery. What about kids that are born with cancer? And people who are born psychopaths?

Mr Unknown

There's no excuse for any god or celestial being. Those things don't make people better. That's suffering until death.

Status
Not open for further replies.