What is God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

981cav

Start at the beginning it'll all make sense, when n where was the beginning of religion?

Gnostic Christian

Start at the beginning it'll all make sense, when n where was the beginning of religion?

In religious tribe terms, the age of reason.

Whatever you define as god is a mental picture you will project.

In biological tribe terms, it is in our DNA and a projection of our selfish gene and is a survival instinct.

Religion has always been with us, in the sense that religions and other groups are tribes at heart.

Substance dualism and wonder is great, but religions are using it against children and adults by conning them into belief in the supernatural.

Regards
DL

981cav

In religious tribe terms, the age of reason.

Whatever you define as god is a mental picture you will project.

In biological tribe terms, it is in our DNA and a projection of our selfish gene and is a survival instinct.

Religion has always been with us, in the sense that religions and other groups are tribes at heart.

Substance dualism and wonder is great, but religions are using it against children and adults by conning them into belief in the supernatural.

Regards
DL

Religion cons people yes but then again if I claimed to be a gnostic Christian I wouldn't go around bad mouthing my own religion. I've never understood how gnosticism can even claim to mesh with christianity kind of an oxymoron when you boil both things down. And the answer to my question which which is an answer to the OPs question is simply Mesopotamia. Not some drawn out psychobabble. The idea of today's god and yesterdays gods goes all the way back to the beginning of civilization and religion. But dont take my word for it be gnostic gain/seek knowledge research it then you'll see.

alpha centauri

2, he has no control over the world. Or maybe we are supposed to be united to him but the reptilians are creating linear time using planet saturn. Maybe the gnostics were right and we are feeding with our suffering energy a giant demiurge. If Yahwe is real, I don't know what to say. He could have prevented all the suffering and pain. But he had to follow the script he wrote without caring of the suffering of humans. Maybe it's all a joke. Maybe we are part of a gigantic consciousness. A mind. And if that is true, what kind of sick mind would create such a hell like this.
That what is the demiurge for some people, is just Lucifer for others. some people claim that Thoth (the Egyptian) is the demiurge. Some people claim that Lucifer can be good and bad but wants to control both sides. And further they claim that the good side saw what the demiurge planned (for example the Angels) and now try to prevent it or ask the real God for help.The bad side, he wants to control are the secret societies, they claim he had founded, to give them direction. Because without him the bad side was not that effective in their bad plans.

What I described is the teaching that is most logical for me. I dont know for sure.

The suffering exist because of free will. The suffering is created by human or to describe it more correctly by their mass consciousness.

Gnostic Christian

Religion cons people yes but then again if I claimed to be a gnostic Christian I wouldn't go around bad mouthing my own religion.

I do not. I praise Gnostic Christianity. You will agree that it is a way more moral religion. Unless you think a genocidal god is a good god. If so, get thee behind me, Satan.

I usually differentiate the worthless immoral mainstream god religions from those that intelligently seek knowledge and wisdom and a better god than the genocidal Yahweh.

I've never understood how gnosticism can even claim to mesh with christianity kind of an oxymoron when you boil both things down.

Not when you know the history of the progression of the esoteric branches of the old world.

Greeks invented Chrestians, Jews their Phrases and Kabbalists. Christianity usurped Yahweh from the Jews and turned the Chrestian man god into the supernatural garbage god Christianity ended with, --- thanks to Constantine buying Christianity.

You have to remember that the Gnostic Gospels were written to refute the Christian myth, before Christianity degraded to reading their myth literally.

That is when the s hit the fan, spiritually speaking, and Christians began adoring a genocidal prick, Yahweh.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

The suffering exist because of free will. The suffering is created by human or to describe it more correctly by their mass consciousness.

A thing that is produced by our instincts.

Thank nature for making us all sinners.

Christianity once knew this and still sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to gods plan.

Evil and sin is also a must have for us as a part of nature.

The nice part is that it is a very small % as compared to the good we collectively do, even if we are stupidly driving ourselves to extinction.

Don't get me started.

Regards
DL

NaturalPhilosopher

yup become as animals.
it's all nat-ur-ale.

ya know..like mass murdering each other, no sanitation causing serious disease, eating their children as a snack.

animals don't have rights cuz they're not responsible.
want to live with a grizzly bear?

animal values aren't natural, they're all criminals.
they're the obscene.

animals only become more virtuous when living in an artificial environment for a very long time.
if anything, mother nature is the enemy of virtue, ethics and harmony

constitution at it's base value is about respecting the property rights of someone's body.
if ya violate someone's body, ya get your rights taken away, jail time.

Last edited:

981cav

I do not. I praise Gnostic Christianity. You will agree that it is a way more moral religion. Unless you think a genocidal god is a good god. If so, get thee behind me, Satan.

I usually differentiate the worthless immoral mainstream god religions from those that intelligently seek knowledge and wisdom and a better god than the genocidal Yahweh.

Not when you know the history of the progression of the esoteric branches of the old world.

Greeks invented Chrestians, Jews their Phrases and Kabbalists. Christianity usurped Yahweh from the Jews and turned the Chrestian man god into the supernatural garbage god Christianity ended with, --- thanks to Constantine buying Christianity.

You have to remember that the Gnostic Gospels were written to refute the Christian myth, before Christianity degraded to reading their myth literally.

That is when the s hit the fan, spiritually speaking, and Christians began adoring a genocidal prick, Yahweh.

Regards
DL

You are getting there but still need to go farther back to what the basis of even the gnostic gospels are about

Status
Not open for further replies.