What is the significance of the year 1547?

I recently ran into an odd prophecy about the year 1547. Supposedly an event in 1547 is the spark of the ultimate cause of the apocalypse.

I did a little digging and didn’t really come up with anything significant but I also found it a bit intriguing to look at. Does anyone know of any odd events in that year?

Figured I’d give him a look, but nothing particularly stands out.

Assuming for the sake of discussion the prophecy is true, during that time John Dee would have been traveling Europe prior to studying at Louvain, and this period of his life isn’t well documented by any means.

NaturalPhilosopher

On January 28, 1547, Henry VIII died, and Edward, then age nine, succeeded to the throne.
It was during Edward's reign that Protestantism was established for the first time in England with reforms that included the abolition of clerical celibacy and the Mass, and the imposition of compulsory services in English. In February 1553, at age 15, Edward fell ill.

pretty big deal

Last edited:

I suppose it’s possible, but I don’t think that explanation would be very probable. Similar events took place long before and after 1547.

alpha centauri

I recently ran into an odd prophecy about the year 1547. Supposedly an event in 1547 is the spark of the ultimate cause of the apocalypse.

I did a little digging and didn’t really come up with anything significant but I also found it a bit intriguing to look at. Does anyone know of any odd events in that year?
Can you link the prophecy?

You do not find much events that took place in China or the USA . I think that this is most propbably one of those countries or the Middle East.

Nostradamus married his wife and made prophecies in this year.

Can you link the prophecy?

You do not find much events that took place in China or the USA . I think that this is most propbably one of those countries or the Middle East.

Nostradamus married his wife and made prophecies in this year.

Its not something I came across online, a friend of mine irl who is much more familiar with various prophecies told me about it. He knows I like history so asked me to help figure out what it could be referring to.

That could very well be the case, but there is still a chance the event could have been recorded. I would think something that had lasting effects from then until now would have some kind of noticeable presence.

Nostradamus could be a potential explanation, but it would beg the question how his prophecies could be the ultimate cause of the ‘end times’ unless somehow they were self fulfilling prophecies perhaps?

TimeFlipper

On January 28, 1547, Henry VIII died, and Edward, then age nine, succeeded to the throne.
It was during Edward's reign that Protestantism was established for the first time in England with reforms that included the abolition of clerical celibacy and the Mass, and the imposition of compulsory services in English. In February 1553, at age 15, Edward fell ill.

pretty big deal
I read the same thing on the internet (y):LOL:..

alpha centauri

Its not something I came across online, a friend of mine irl who is much more familiar with various prophecies told me about it. He knows I like history so asked me to help figure out what it could be referring to.

That could very well be the case, but there is still a chance the event could have been recorded. I would think something that had lasting effects from then until now would have some kind of noticeable presence.

Nostradamus could be a potential explanation, but it would beg the question how his prophecies could be the ultimate cause of the ‘end times’ unless somehow they were self fulfilling prophecies perhaps?
Ok I was hoping you would know, what kind of apocalypse that is. Which country attacked which country ? Or what will happen? There is not much recorded. Russia was founded in this year or more exactly the Tsardom of Russia.

Ok I was hoping you would know, what kind of apocalypse that is. Which country attacked which country ? Or what will happen? There is not much recorded. Russia was founded in this year or more exactly the Tsardom of Russia.

No, the prophecy was vague, like most others. The founding of the Tsardom could be suspect, at least more than other possibilities.

I’m going to have to give Russia a more thorough analysis.

So far, I’ve been thinking it could be UFO related since a few known major UFO sightings occurred a few years later. (Nuremberg and Basel)

Of course, it could also be something as ridiculous as someone knocking a stone into the perfect position to trip someone/something carrying live nukes, thus blowing everything to hell. Still, it’s fun to consider.