What is your rant?

titorite

The lack of moderation on this forum.

You have a group of a few knocking most new people asking questions as if these guys were time traveller experts.

Dont knock it too much... Impartial moderation is quite the challenge and myself and others have been made to suffer at the heavy handed slap of power that went to peoples heads once given moderation privileges. Num obviously aint here as often as he used to be, appreciate the fact that he keeps it open for us at all. But I remember ….. I remember someone I once liked whom I shared many views and opinions with they were given the power. And all of a sudden where we did not see exactly eye to eye became grounds to regulate and terminate. I ended up taking a break for a very long time and I see that they have also given up their throne of power which is proly for the best.

Their was another forum I used to goto often as well... They too put power in power hungry hands... That forum is dead now, like completely … the mod banned everyone that disagreed with them , old and new. Made it their own personal echo chamber until they were left talking to themselves. But of course that wasn't their own fault no no no, it was everyone elses fault for not agreeing with them 100% of the time on all matters.

I feel if their ever was truly a terrible problem here Num would step in , in a heart beat, but as it is, I find it laid back, low key, we are allowed to be snarky and dismissive and we are allowed to be polite and open and we are allowed to troll as fake time travellers too if we want too... It is very open and accepting here... And I like it like that.

Wind7

Staff
I went into Walmart today to buy a couple of LED bulbs for the upstairs restroom.

I finally found something better than Walmart budget bulbs but in looking at the packages
I saw that...Someone had stolen the new bulbs and replaced them with four very burnt out and mismatched bulbs.

It's a small town sized Walmart with cameras everywhere.

The Walmart employee I reported it to was a bit befuddled as well as disappointed...But not shocked.
Not as shocked as the other employee whom discovered that not all of the bulbs were LED...
...OR Made by Sylvania.

I just grabbed a bigger, un-opened box of bulbs and went on my way.

It's reached a new low for someone to bring in their old burnt out bulbs and try to
pass them off as new to other customers trying to replace theirs the right way.

Sheeesh!!

Wind7

Staff
Just got done firing off a letter to the MN Dept. of Commerce about their handling of domestic insurance
and of lack of proper communication to my household of the discontinuation of my home/auto insurance.

I have asked them, (my insurance co.), to never send me letters by way of the USPS because,
my home shares the exact same house number with two other homes just a very short distance away. (!)

I NEVER received an official notice in the post or even online! (which is irresponsible.)

So...I found out in the Twelfth Hour through my agency that,
my insurance were not renewing my policy leaving me 1 month to fix
a few problems before I could be insured by anyone new, without the $$ to do so!

I have been checking for every single loophole I can....And I did find a few.
According to county codes, I have now effectively made repairs and am open for becoming re-insured.

Fingers....Toes.....Arms....legs and eyes all crossed for better fortune ahead!

Bottom line-----There are several things happening with personal insurance companies leaving customers
to fend for themselves after dropping coverages and declaring bankruptcies.
Let's not get started on the cost of Principals and the ever increasing costs of having insurances.

To US occupants whom have personal insurance....Keep an eye on your documentation and
watch out for very increased payments ahead.

The insurance bankruptcies have only just begun according to my agent as their reinsurers start cutbacks.
If you think that you're not going to be affected by a disaster halfway across the nation....Think again.

Word.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My Rant:

People with Aspberger's Syndrome do not have an illness. Our brains are wired differently. This is why we say we are not "neuro-typical". The problem is that people sense something is different about us and instantly turn away and won't give us a chance. We end up friendless. Ok, so we don't have the best social skills, but we DO have empathy and we DO care and want to be kind, but society has shunned all of us. Many of us choose not to LOOK like other people as well. If you watch modern news videos and look on social media, 90% of the world's women have long blond hair. Why? Why do you want to look like an NPC? I'm one of the few women in Florida who has short hair....and it's red. I'm sorry my goal in life isn't to look sexy. (Besides, my hair is too thin to grow long). I'm told I have beautiful skin for my age, but that never counts. I'm short and other women look at me like I'm a freak. None will get to know me. Most of the time, I'm bullied.

So there. 2 rants in one.