What Time Really Is

Do you agree with this Analogy of Time?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Fenyx

Time is something that we can see everyday, we walk outside see the world move around us, but is there a way to see a past moment again, similar to the replay on a movie? Most people (people that don't read this forum) believe it is this unforgiving line of passing ... Stuff, but in reality, Time can be more related to an average city street map.

palma_mallorca_street_map.jpg

It begins with one main path (in this case a the orange lines), and some small separate entries (the white lines), describing how history is based upon a single line of organisms (the main line), and how a variable (the small roads) can affect the organisms causing it to divide, intersect, or just stop altogether, (in human history, this is shown with the gender of Henry VIII's child causing England to divide, the sinking of the Titanic by a Iceberg, and the climate of the south pole causing Robert Falcon Scott and his expedition to die.

The city map also shows that the organism is not the centre of everything, as both it and the variables begin to grow towards a point where the the variables are too great for the organism to survive, this has been shown with the dinosaurs, and the Ice age. Both of these Times may have last for millennia, but eventually Nature caught up, and in a spectacular yet Horrible event, these famous eras were swept from the earth, and the next Point of history begins.

If this theory is correct what does this means for us humans, will we have achieved enough to survive this act, or will we be just another milestone in the history of our planet.

TimeFlipper

Welcome to Paranormalis Fenyx and thank you for the posting, which i found very interesting :).

Personally i feel that this describes events that has happened "within" time...Is it possible that by using this kind of mapping we could predict future events?..Im not saying that we could be shown the lottery numbers or anything like that lol.... but could technology be incorporated within the variables to, lets say show the exponential growth of present day technology causing our present Millennia to end up like the ice age or the extinction of the dinosaurs?.

Or am i way off the point you are trying to make for us?...Iam the second oldest member on here and therefore require your patience, like i get from all our other members lol :cool::D

Dragonchaser

The city map also shows that the organism is not the centre of everything, as both it and the variables begin to grow towards a point where the the variables are too great for the organism to survive, this has been shown with the dinosaurs, and the Ice age. Both of these Times may have last for millennia, but eventually Nature caught up, and in a spectacular yet Horrible event, these famous eras were swept from the earth, and the next Point of history begins.

It's been speculated that a "Polar shift" was responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs ; whether it has been confirmed yet I do not know ; the point is if indeed it can be predicted in variable degrees of accuracy if you have correct records of past events and the various factors influencing it .

If this theory is correct what does this means for us humans, will we have achieved enough to survive this act, or will we be just another milestone in the history of our planet.

Homo Sapiens are the creators of their own demise , rather a "select few" . Let me rather not start rambling :mad: in that direction ....

walt willis

If you could imagine a crystal the size of the universe that contains all event information at the same moment in time, then have the ability to move around within that space at will, you may be able to understand how humans are unable to perceive the "time" concept.

Fenyx

BTW if you can give a more indepth discussion re: the subject of the thread I can vote .
This Thread was what I believe the concept of Time is to be truly, but Others can post their own theory.

Personally i feel that this describes events that has happened "within" time...Is it possible that by using this kind of mapping we could predict future events?..Im not saying that we could be shown the lottery numbers or anything like that lol.... but could technology be incorporated within the variables to, lets say show the exponential growth of present day technology causing our present Millennia to end up like the ice age or the extinction of the dinosaurs?.
Technology could definitely be a variable, as it was one of the few things that evolve alongside the Human race, but although it may help, it may also cause its extinction, with a single push of a button, all could be destroyed.

If you could imagine a crystal the size of the universe that contains all event information at the same moment in time, then have the ability to move around within that space at will, you may be able to understand how humans are unable to perceive the "time" concept.
The world is ever changing, so that theory can be somewhat accurate, as something is never the same for long, another way to think of what you are saying is a box, just sitting in a empty room, with any interaction with other objects, after a while it will begin to degrade, and despite any efforts, it cannot be restored to its former self, an to restate what you are saying, we cannot fathom what time is due to its complexity and constant change.

TimeFlipper

The "Morphic Field"
BTW if you can give a more indepth discussion re: the subject of the thread I can vote .
This Thread was what I believe the concept of Time is to be truly, but Others can post their own theory.

Technology could definitely be a variable, as it was one of the few things that evolve alongside the Human race, but although it may help, it may also cause its extinction, with a single push of a button, all could be destroyed.

The world is ever changing, so that theory can be somewhat accurate, as something is never the same for long, another way to think of what you are saying is a box, just sitting in a empty room, with any interaction with other objects, after a while it will begin to degrade, and despite any efforts, it cannot be restored to its former self, an to restate what you are saying, we cannot fathom what time is due to its complexity and constant change.
Damn right its difficult to fathom out what time really is, but all of us on Paranormalis give it really good tries! ::LOL:::D

walt willis

If we were under water and looked to our left we may see some movement from left to right.
That may be what we perceive as time in motion, but it may be that only we are moving and time is the constant?