What would you ask a Time Traveler?

Understanding that a time traveler would not provide you any information about future events, one might wonder what use such a conversation might be.

So, if you could ask him/her anything, but nothing about future events or persons, what would you ask?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Ask him about his time machine?

Curious_Girl98

I would ask him how different the past that he travels to is from the real past as it actually happened (if it is any different), and of course I would ask him if he will let me use his time machine! :D

Ren

Understanding that a time traveler would not provide you any information about future events, one might wonder what use such a conversation might be.

So, if you could ask him/her anything, but nothing about future events or persons, what would you ask?

I'd ask a time traveler about the properties of heavier elements like Element 113. ;)

trekie4ever

I'd ask what did the knights Templar find that made the catholic church decide to kill them.

I'd ask what was Jesus like if he was real.

Did Ezekiel see a wheel or a really cool looking spaceship?

How long have the aliens been here? What are their goals and desires?

Oh and plenty of things about our fishy friends....

And can I have blueprints for your time machine?

Do I seem paranoid or crazy for believing the things I do?? Lol...

MissylSilo

"How did you find me?" Just kidding.

No, if the time traveler were a man, and he was in relatively good shape, I'd ask him if he had a girlfriend. Personal questions matter; they must have a life besides just going from time to time.

Then it would be more of when the traveler came from, the purpose of being in the present, and, as my dad recommended once, "what's in it for me?" regarding whether or not it's worth being within arm's reach of a time traveler. Like army ants, where there is the scout ant, the rest of the ants are not too far behind, and I might be someone's grandmother in a paradox somewhere. Then of course after all clear I'd probably turn into a child at a campfire and ask for stories about what it's like in the future.

I'd want to know about the method of travel. Vehicle, pocket-size technology, or teleport, or other? I'd want to know if the traveler is trying to hide or doesn't care about exposure. I'd want to know if they were up for having their photo taken or a video done to document their existence.

All of this could be wiped out of memory or vaporized by an even more advanced future traveler, so there is a chance of getting nothing. Maybe an autograph would be good.