There are theres out there.
There are.
But not for us.

There is only here for us.
There is only now for us.

Here. Now. Us.

taykair

Time and time and time again.

And time for me to leave once again. See you folks in a few days - or a few decades. Whatever.

taykair

In spite of everything, I will never give up on humanity. Not one little bit. It's true that we have a barbarous past. And it's true that many live in such conditions even now. Hopefully, though, we are merely living in the fog created from the last, dying breath of barbarism, and that the time of humanity's darkness will soon be over.

But even if it's not - even if we are a thousand years, rather than a thousand months, away from finally achieving the freedom, peace, prosperity and unity which all the world has sought for so long - then I still have faith in us. Even if it should take a hundred thousand, rather than ten thousand, years for humanity's presence to be spread across this solar system, I still believe that it will be so. Though it take a million years - or a billion, or more - I know that our descendants shall one day fill this universe with Life and with Mind. We have a destiny. I know it.

I do not know how or why I believe this to be so, but I know it to be so with the same certainty that I know that one plus one equals two. My mind simply cannot be changed on this matter, no matter what arguments may be offered to test it.

I say it now: I believe that we human beings have a wonderful future ahead of us and that, no matter what obstacles may temporarily deter us, we will eventually prevail. We have a destiny. Case closed, and so is my mind - at least on this subject. I won't even try to argue with anyone who thinks differently. Do I argue about whether or not one plus one equals two, or that sand is sandy, or that water is wet? No. So don't even bother engaging me on this point. I won't play.

taykair

Hello. I am back. For good this time.
Sort of.

I am now hijacking my own thread. Can things possibly get any more absurd?
What am I saying? It's the internet. Of course, things can get more absurd. What was I thinking?

There are some of you who think I'm condescending - that I consider you to be children who need my wisdom (such as it is) in order to give meaning and purpose to your lives. You could not be more wrong. There has been a good reason for me to contribute what little I can offer to this forum - and only to this forum. And there is a good reason for why, from now on, I shall confine myself solely to this thread and will post not another word in any other spot on this site (other than the occasional PM). However, those reasons do not include any belief on my part that I am some kind of wise and holy sage dispensing morsels of Truth to the lowly masses.

(Honestly, I think it's rather silly for one bit of dust to consider itself to be more evolved or enlightened than any other bit of dust, don't you?)

As for what my reasons are: I'll just keep those to myself. No. I'm not being mysterious. I'm saving you from being bored to death. My reasons, believe me, are of no interest to anyone but me. If it helps some of you to believe that my contributions to this thread are nothing more than the effusion of a massive ego or guru-complex, then so be it. I can't change how you feel, nor do I want to.

If I posted something every day, several times per day, then this thread would monopolize the "recent active threads" list, and that's not a good thing. It's one thing to call a thread active when many are participating, but a thread where just one person is doing most of the posting just isn't my idea of activity. (To be blunt, it is more like futility.)

So, I'm only posting every week from now on. That's enough. Maybe too much.

Also: This is Num7's forum - not my blog. Comments (good, bad, or indifferent) are as welcome on this thread as they are on any other. I couldn't stop you even if I wanted to - and I don't want to.

Learn how impossible a task it is to fill the Universe with Humanity:
Now, go and do it.

Take care.

I really don't understand why you would just limit yourself to this thread alone man?

By doing so it would seem (to me at least), that you are kind of limiting yourself from gaining more knowledge by not interacting with people on other threads/topics and possibly stunting any future spiritual growth at the same time.

Hope you reconsider but either way do what you feel is right for you.
Take care