What's So Great About Humanity?

taykair

Now, if you'll notice, I did not say that I was posting only once per week, but that I'm doing so every week. I'm dropping in every day to read other threads and, every Wednesday, I'll be posting something here. I'm not limiting my input - only my output.

I will be reading other folks' threads, as I have always done. It's just that, if I have anything to say, then I will do so in this thread alone from now on.

You are correct when you state that I will lose something by not interacting with others on their threads. I find that ideas can be best refined through vigorous and constructive debate, and a part of me will miss not taking a more direct part in those - even if it's only to contribute a bad joke designed to make me look like a jerk.

After all, what would this forum be if everyone did what I intend to do? A lot of threads with only the original post and nothing else, that's what. So, I encourage all members to start, and to comment on, as many threads as you can.

This is an example of me being a hypocrite, and telling you to do as I say, not as I do. Note the time and date. Although this is certainly not the first time I have been hypocritical in my life, I really hope that it will be the last time.

As for any loss others here will suffer due to my non-absence absence: Believe me, the loss will be minimal on their part, and will not be missed.

As for "interacting" itself: We just did. In fact, if you wish to do so again this week, then there are still a little less than four hours of my Wednesday left.

taykair

"whats so great about humanity? "

my answer, nothing, and That's what's so Great about Humanity ! is that we can exist as imperfect Free willed beings, and still have some kind of peace, intelligence and most importantly, Love within our lives. To me, That is what's so Great about humanity. i'll say it again, what's so great about humanity? nothing, and That is what makes Humanity So dang Great! :)

I've had a whole week to prepare something good for you folks to read, but instead I was my usual, procrastinating, lazy self and haven't written a damned thing all week that's worth reading.

(Some of you may think that I've never posted anything here that's worth reading. You may be right.)

So, anyway, I've got nothing. Zilch. Nada. The big goose egg.

For even more nothing, watch this entire video:

Finished that one, huh? Watched the whole thing, you say? Yeah, sure you did. You liar.

Actually, the above video wasn't really nothing. It was ten hours of a silent, black screen. That's something, right?

Just what the hell is nothing anyway?

So. what do I have in store for you for next week? All I can say is...

Take care.

Last edited:

Pondering

You wrote, "There is a desperate need today for human beings to appreciate the wonder and the worth and the beauty and the majesty, not only of this universe, but of ourselves and of our place in it. I truly feel that humanity has a glorious destiny. However, the future is not written in stone, and there are those who would have us remain in the muck from which we have evolved. These forces, if not countered and checked, may prevail - and that would be the end of us."

Well said. As Sri Aurobindo calls The Hour of God...there is a ripeness for change that is needed and natural. Maybe a birthing of sorts...it's messy and painful and dangerous but if we can live through it together its a new world.

Here's his clip...
WRITINGS BY SRI AUROBINDO
© Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust

The Hour of God

There are moments when the Spirit moves among men and the breath of the Lord is abroad upon the waters of our being; there are others when it retires and men are left to act in the strength or the weakness of their own egoism. The first are periods when even a little effort produces great results and changes destiny; the second are spaces of time when much labour goes to the making of a little result. It is true that the latter may prepare the former, may be the little smoke of sacrifice going up to heaven which calls down the rain of God's bounty. Unhappy is the man or the nation which, when the divine moment arrives, is found sleeping or unprepared to use it, because the lamp has not been kept trimmed for the welcome and the ears are sealed to the call. But thrice woe to them who are strong and ready, yet waste the force or misuse the moment; for them is irreparable loss or a great destruction.

In the hour of God cleanse thy soul of all self-deceit and hypocrisy and vain self-flattering that thou mayst look straight into thy spirit and hear that which summons it. All insincerity of nature, once thy defence against the eye of the Master and the light of the ideal, becomes now a gap in thy armour and invites the blow. Even if thou conquer for the moment, it is the worse for thee, for the blow shall come afterwards and cast thee down in the midst of thy triumph. But being pure cast aside all fear; for the hour is often terrible, a fire and a whirlwind and a tempest, a treading of the winepress of the wrath of God; but he who can stand up in it on the truth of his purpose is he who shall stand; even though he fall, he shall rise again, even though he seem to pass on the wings of the wind, he shall return. Nor let worldly prudence whisper too closely in thy ear; for it is the hour of the unexpected, the incalculable, the immeasurable. Mete not the power of the Breath by thy petty instruments, but trust and go forward.

But most keep thy soul clear, even if for a while, of the clamour of the ego. Then shall a fire march before thee in the night and the storm be thy helper and thy flag shall wave on the highest height of the greatness that was to be conquered.

--Sri Aurobindo, The Hour of God, in Essays Divine and Human, CWSA Vol. 12, p. 155​

Attachments

• StormTimeGreatAwakening.JPG
    StormTimeGreatAwakening.JPG
    843.4 KB · Views: 0

Pondering

Yeah, I'm back.

Big deal.

But

before I leave again

(for a day or two

or a decade or two)

there's this:

Our present is

all there is.

Moment by moment

we fashion time into consciousness -

the Now into Us.

The Past?

The Future?

The dead and the dying.

From nothing -

not even from the space

or the time it takes

to put something into that nothing

- we came.

To nothing -

not even to death

nor to forgetfulness

but to the all-encompassing arms of entropy

- we go.

Rarely seeing. barely seen

in the Ocean's immensity

we swim

but

in the universe of universes

it is not we who swim

it is We.

We are a species that seeks unity.

Our past (and, unfortunately, our present) shows us that we seek unification more by conquest than by compromise. Yet we also see that some nations (after their "conquest phase" has ended) are more likely to lead their people through compromise rather than violence, and this is a positive thing because the history of our species was much more autocratic and repressive in our past than it is today. We're constantly getting better at solving the problems which we ourselves create.

This is certainly not to say that we are living in a perfect world - or even in the best of all possible worlds - only that we are living in a world that is getting better, not worse. Things could be much worse, believe me.

How do I know this? How do I know that things could be worse? The very same way that I know that things could be much, much better. Before I answer both of those questions (with the same answer) let me first give you an answer which is not true. After the fictional bit, I will reveal the real answer.

The false answer - the fictional bit - goes like this:

If you've read some of my posts here (and, if you haven't, then just who in the hell do you think you are, you ignorant snob?) then you know that I sometimes write about parallel universes. What if I were to tell you that, because of my personal experience with these parallel worlds, I know for certain that...

< INSERT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FALSE THINGS >

... one of my "twins" on a parallel Earth invented a machine which is able to transport him (along with any of his "twins" who wants to go along for the ride) to other universes. This is how I know that our world is better than some, and worse than others. I have seen it for myself.

... ever since I was a young man, I have been able to astrally transport myself to other universes and am able to observe what takes place there. This is how I know that our world is better than some, and worse than others. I have seen it for myself.

... God (or Lucifer, or an extraterrestrial, or a mage, or my spirit guide, or even the aforementioned "twin") doesn't allow trips, but he (whoever he is) is able to travel between the universes, and God (or whoever, take your pick) told me all about it. This is how I know that our world is better than some, and worse than others. God (or whoever it is that I trust) told me so.

< END LIST >

I offer the above to those who seem to need that kind of thing. Now for the real answer:

If you've read some of my posts here (and, if you haven't, then just who the hell... et cetera, and so on) then you know that I sometimes write about parallel universes. What if I were to tell you that, because of my personal experience with these parallel worlds, I know for certain that...

... parallel universes, while such may exist, have absolutely nothing to do with it. The reason I know that our world is better than it could be, yet not all that it can be, is because...

< INSERT ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TRUE THINGS >

...I read history. Even a cursory knowledge of history was enough to convince me that our world is getting better. And history shows us our flaws so that we can correct them - which, sooner or later (in many cases, later, but never, as yet, too late) we do.

...I read fiction, and visit all kinds of universes through the eyes of each universe's creator.

...I read books about systems of thought: philosophy, mysticism and religion.

< END LIST >

If you take the literature of what has been, combine that with the literature of what could be, and add just a pinch of the literature of what others have said should be, then coming to the conclusion that things could be worse - or could be better - is rather easy.

In fact, it's rather easy even without reading any of those things. After all, you do have an imagination, don't you? You do? Yet you still really think that things could not possibly be worse? Really? Then I truly feel sorry for you, you unimaginative bastards. I really, really do.

So

every day, in every way, things are getting better and better

and

every day, in every way, things are coming to their end.

Both of these things are true

and both should be embraced.

And, just like that, I am gone again.

Take care.

Thank you!! Inspiring and builds hope. Well done.

taykair

Thanks to Pondering for his recent posts here. You get a "like" for each - not only because it's my policy to "like" every post written by others on this thread, but because you praised ME. How could I not like that?

It's always good when someone else posts something here. I was starting to think this thread was being ignored.

I still haven't been able to get in the zone and write anything decent, but tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day here in the USA, so that gives me an opportunity to fill this space with a little gratitude.

First, the history.

Now, the spirit.

While I'm being thankful, thanks to Num7 and to each and every person here at Paranormalis for your posts, your ideas, and your courtesy.

Finally, to all who are of noble heart, thank you.

Next Wednesday, I hope to post more than just a few videos. Who knows? There might even be some original thoughts and actual words involved.

Anything's possible.

Be thankful.

Take care.

I've had a whole week to prepare something good for you folks to read, but instead I was my usual, procrastinating, lazy self and haven't written a damned thing all week that's worth reading.

(Some of you may think that I've never posted anything here that's worth reading. You may be right.)

So, anyway, I've got nothing. Zilch. Nada. The big goose egg.

For even more nothing, watch this entire video:

Finished that one, huh? Watched the whole thing, you say? Yeah, sure you did. You liar.

Actually, the above video wasn't really nothing. It was ten hours of a silent, black screen. That's something, right?

Just what the hell is nothing anyway?

So. what do I have in store for you for next week? All I can say is...

Take care.
You're just a troll with too much time on your hands.
Hopefully people will stop feeding your constant need for attention.
Seriously wtf kind of reply is that ?
I just dont understand of all the things you could be doing in life you feel the need to respond like that and expect people to give a crap?
Good riddance

taykair

You're just a troll with too much time on your hands.
Hopefully people will stop feeding your constant need for attention.
Seriously wtf kind of reply is that ?
I just dont understand of all the things you could be doing in life you feel the need to respond like that and expect people to give a crap?
Good riddance

For MeditationSync:

I was trying to avoid bringing this matter up, but...

It seems that you and another member here have been trying a bit too hard to keep a narrative going. The narrative, in this case, is that of my desperate need to constantly feed my attention-starved ego.

The thing is, I'm not sure how much I need to do in order to placate the two of you. I have stopped posting in the chat room. I have stopped creating new threads. I have stopped responding to other threads. I am only posting in this space, and only for one day a week. Short of leaving altogether, I'm not sure what else I can do.

I can only suggest that, if you don't like the things I post, then you should perhaps not read them. The same holds true for your friend who claims to ignore what I post, yet seems to constantly comment about what I post.

I also suggest that both you and he do a little studying about the psychological term known as "projection", and make an attempt at some genuine introspection.

For anyone else reading the above: I apologize for the disruption.

Pondering

Your audience is larger than those who respond here. Trust me, your work is appreciated and comes from a place of unity and an awareness of the need to lift up humanity in this time of stringent transitional changes. Where we go 1 we go all. Detractors obfuscate, Haters hate, shills spew, Trolls play around but the changes coming are unstoppable. Stay the course, enjoy the show, your work is worthy of your time.

Attachments

• tesla quote.png
    tesla quote.png
    364.6 KB · Views: 0

taykair

I think you are now being assimilated into the Paranormalis "being nice" philosophy :eek::D..

Don't count on it. I can still be downright nasty if the situation calls for it. It's just that, as far as MeditationSync and his friend are concerned, their criticisms are due more to their insecurities than to my ego. So, even though it bothers me that they seem to misunderstand me and my intentions, they are not so bothersome so as to require retaliation on my part. They are more like a tiny paper cut than an open wound.

Your audience is larger than those who respond here. Trust me, your work is appreciated and comes from a place of unity and an awareness of the need to lift up humanity in this time of stringent transitional changes. Where we go 1 we go all. Detractors obfuscate, Haters hate, shills spew, Trolls play around but the changes coming are unstoppable. Stay the course, enjoy the show, your work is worthy of your time.

I think it's worthy of my time as well. If I didn't, then I wouldn't bother with it. If you and a handful of others think so too, then that's great. The truth is, though, I'd write this stuff even if I were sure that nobody else would ever read it. It's just something I feel compelled to do, and I've given up trying to figure out why.

As for my audience being larger than those who respond here, I really hope that's not true. The more folks who "follow" me, the more uncomfortable I feel. The contrarian who dwells deep within me is always suspicious of what the majority considers to be worthy. He's constantly whispering to me, "If it's popular, then it can't be that good." And I listen to him.

Fortunately, fear of being popular (or not being popular) is not something which keeps me awake at night. There's no real risk that this little thread I post on will someday skyrocket to the top of the internet charts. Thank God.

Well, it looks as if I lied to you folks last week when I told you that I'd have something interesting for you to read this week. Sorry about that. My creative drought continues, with no rainfall (in the form of ideas) in sight. Perhaps next week I'll have a thunderstorm for you, but not today.

In the meantime, I found a few things you may want to look at, listen to, and learn from.

First, some beauty.

Yes, there are some inaccuracies in this next video, but I was still fascinated by the ebb and flow of civilizations down though the centuries as well as the population count over time. We've been a busy little species, that's for sure.

Now, keep in mind all of those civilizations vying for dominance on this little ball of mud, and remember how huge and mighty some of them were - and are. Then watch this in order to gain a little perspective.

Yeah, it's big alright, but it still looks like Manifest Destiny to me.

Take care.

Last edited: