What's So Great About Humanity?

Pondering

I think it's worthy of my time as well. If I didn't, then I wouldn't bother with it. If you and a handful of others think so too, then that's great. The truth is, though, I'd write this stuff even if I were sure that nobody else would ever read it. It's just something I feel compelled to do, and I've given up trying to figure out why.

That's the best place to come from. Trust your instincts. I appreciate the quality of the materials you leave for us.

Attachments

• kitty on computer.jpg
    kitty on computer.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

taykair

I really hope that you meant that in the same way that @Peaceseeker did in his post, otherwise I don't really know how to respond. Surely there's something about our species that you find worthy, so I'm just going to chalk it up to you having a bad day. Every so often, I also get the feeling that this world is just one massive dung heap, but I snap out of such moodiness rather quickly.

And besides, like @titorite said, there’s ice cream.

* * * * *​

That's the best place to come from. Trust your instincts. I appreciate the quality of the materials you leave for us.

And I appreciate how supportive you - as well as some of the other folks here - have been.

As for the quality of the material: I can't take credit for the YouTube videos, of course. They are all the work of others (and fine work it is). As far as the stuff I've written at this site is concerned, the quality is mediocre at best but I still appreciate the complement.

* * * * *​

Speaking of mediocre works: Traveller’s Tale is now available as an e-book on Amazon. It sells for 99 cents – which is about one dollar more than what it’s worth. Of course, nobody here has to bother with buying the e-book, since the entire story can be read here. If any of you do happen to purchase the e-book, though, then please leave a glowing review and give it five stars so that the suckers... er... I mean... the loyal readers of the Kindle community... will buy it. All royalties go directly to the Taykair Foundation, which helps me pay for booze and hookers. (I got the idea after hearing about the Clinton Global Initiative.)

* * * * *​

My “idea drought” continues, so instead here are some videos which may interest some of you.

What’s so great about humanity? The noble idea that is “It’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game.”

I admit it. I’m cuckoo for Kaku. Sure, in this interview, the interviewer calls Jeff Bezos “Steve” (but everybody makes mistakes) and the professor trots out the tired, old “man-made global warming” hypothesis. Still, I just love this guy’s enthusiasm and belief in humanity’s destiny.

In the early 16th century, it took Ferdinand Magellan’s crew a little over three years to circumnavigate the globe.

In 1995, an Air France Concorde accomplished this feat in just over 31 hours.

If you have about ninety minutes to spare, then you can do it, too – virtually, that is.

And finally, the view that the elite among us – and no other human construct – is responsible for war is presented in this scene from The Lion in Winter (which, if you have not seen, then shame on you). It is not a view that I completely share (I happen to think that other forces are also in play), but I gladly share it with you because it is said so connivingly here.

* * * * *​

By the way, next week there WILL be words - only not necessarily words which are appropriate to the topic of this thread. Since this is now my only outlet at this site, you are likely, in future, to see just about anything here. Next week, I'm going to post a little about one of my favorite topics: Alternate universes. More specifically, communication with alternate universes. Stay tuned.

Take care.

Last edited:

Pondering

Here's a little food for thought about the issues we face about our collective worth or validity...From Mirra Alfassa in Satprem's Mother's Agenda 1964 Volume 5 page 223,"Above all, one should be trusting.
The big difficulty, in matter, is that material consciousness, that is to say, the mind in Matter, was formed under the pressure of difficulties, obstacles, suffering, struggle. It was, so to speak, "worked out" by those things, and that gave it an imprint almost of pessimism and defeatism, which is certainly the greatest obstacle.
This is the thing I am conscious of in my work.
The most material consciousness, the most material mind, is in the habit of having to be whipped into acting, into making effort and moving forward, otherwise it's tamas. So then, if it imagines, it always imagines the difficulty-always the obstacle, always the opposition, always the difficulty...and that slows down the movement terribly. So it needs very concrete, very tangible and VERY REPEATED experiences to be convinced that behind all its difficulties, there is a Grace; behind all its failures, there is the Victory; behind all its pain and suffering and contradictions, there is Ananda. Of all the efforts, this is the one that has to be repeated most often:you are constantly forced to stop, put an end to, drive away, convert a pessimism, a doubt or a totally defeatist imagination.
I am speaking exclusively of the material consciousness."

Attachments

• earth and one man.jpg
    earth and one man.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 1

taykair

Here's a little food for thought...

Thank you for that quote, Pondering. Remembering it has made things a bit better for me lately (and forgetting it certainly does get one all “tamas”ed-up, doesn’t it?)

For those of you who may not quite understand, here are a few definitions. (They are not mine. I stole them from Bing – who stole them from Wikipedia. It’s enough to give some of you the general idea, though.)

Vedanta - a Hindu philosophy based on the doctrine of the Upanishads, especially in its monistic form. Vedanta or Uttara Mīmāṃsā is one of the six orthodox schools of Hindu philosophy. The term veda means "knowledge" and anta means "end," and originally referred to the classical Upanishads, a collection of foundational texts in Hinduism.

Upanishads - each of a series of Hindu sacred treatises written in Sanskrit c.800–200 bc, expounding the Vedas in predominantly mystical and monistic terms. The Upanishads are a collection of texts that contain some of the central philosophical concepts of Hinduism, some of which are shared with Buddhism and Jainism. The Upanishads are considered by Hindus to contain utterances (śruti) concerning the nature of ultimate reality (brahman) and describing the character of and path to human salvation (mokṣa or mukti).

Monism - a theory or doctrine that denies the existence of a distinction or duality in some sphere, such as that between matter and mind, or God and the world. Monism is the view that attributes oneness or singleness to a concept (e.g., existence). Substance monism is the philosophical view that a variety of existing things can be explained in terms of a single reality or substance. Another definition states that all existing things go back to a source that is distinct from them (e.g., in Neoplatonism everything is derived from The One).

Pakrriti - (in Vedanta) the prime material energy of which all matter is composed. Prakrti, also Prakriti, means "nature". It is a key concept formulated by the Samkhya school of Hinduism, and refers to the primal matter with three different innate qualities (Guṇas) whose equilibrium is the basis of all observed empirical reality. Prakriti, in this school, contrasts with Purusha which is pure awareness and metaphysical consciousness.

Tamas - (in Vedanta) the element or mode of prakriti associated with lethargy, darkness, and ignorance. Tamas is one of the three Gunas, a philosophical and psychological concept developed by the Samkhya school of Hindu philosophy. The other two qualities are rajas and sattva. Tamas is the quality of inertia, inactivity, dullness, or lethargy.

Ananda - from the Sanskrit ānanda, meaning ‘blessedness, bliss. In Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, the concept is one of extreme happiness, one of the highest states of being.

Thank you again, Pondering. I needed that.

I’ve been thinking (yet again) about alternate universes. Actually, I’ve been thinking along the lines of whether communication can take place between residents of parallel universes, and if the possibility exists that such communication is already taking place.

If there are infinite universes which exist outside of our own, then there must be a subset of that infinity which parallels our own.

[I’m afraid that some of my “if-there-ares” are going to come across as if I’m saying “since there are”, so I’ll just say up front that I am taking a lot for granted in this post and in next week’s as well. Rest assured that I’m only thinking out loud here, and am not out to present some grand – or even provable – theory about anything, and I am certainly not trying to say that this is how things “really are”. I stopped thinking about reality a long time ago. It gives me a headache.]

First though, how can messages even be able to pass between universes?

I haven’t a clue. The only ideas I can come up with are that there is either something akin to quantum entanglement taking place between universes, or that universes are “leaking” into one another so as to create a natural conduit between them, or that an alternate intelligence has created one hell of a powerful transmitter. There are probably many other possible – and, to us as yet, impossible – ways to send signals to, and receive them from, other universes.

We know that our species has yet to determine for certain that parallel versions of ourselves actually exist or discover a method by which communication between parallel universes can be established. However, if we accept the hypothesis that parallel universes do exist, then it may be that parallel versions of us may have already discovered such a means of communication. It’s also possible that many of us – perhaps most, or even all, of us – have received such messages from alternate realities.

“Now hold on just a minute,” you say. “We haven’t even received a signal from another intelligent species in this universe yet. Just what makes you think that we’re getting signals from an alternate universe?”

And the answer to that is, once again: I don’t know for certain. What I do know is that there have been lots and lots of folks who have claimed to have been “inspired”, to have seen visions, heard “otherworldly” voices, experienced de-ja vu, are victims of the so-called “Mandela Effect”, and have conversed with spirit guides, angels, demons, ghosts, aliens, sprites, elves, fairies, and a host of other such creatures. Some have even claimed to have heard from God Himself (or Herself, depending on who’s doing the claiming).

Granted, all of these phenomena (and you can throw in all of the other supernatural and paranormal stuff as well) can be explained adequately enough as either hoaxes or as faulty mental processes on the part of the people experiencing the phenomenon. (By “faulty mental process” I do not mean to imply anything concerning the person’s mental or emotional stability or capacity. I’m simply talking about the mind not performing “up to specs” for a brief amount of time. Personally, I think this happens to everybody, at one time or another. If I only had a dollar for each brain fart I’ve had. Oh, well. Moving on.)

The above is a simple, rational explanation for all of these strange phenomena: Either a claimant is lying or else has had a mental lapse.

I wonder, though, if there may not be something else at work here.

[Note: For the remainder of this post, I’m going to be using the words “vision” and “visionary” as a kind of place-marker for practically all other supernatural and paranormal phenomena that folks have claimed to experienced.]

Let’s say, for the moment, that all the folks (excluding the hoaxers) who have ever claimed to have had a vision were simply attempting to describe, as best as they were able, a message from a parallel universe. Let’s imagine that the human mind is so structured as to allow it to receive messages from an alternate reality, just as radio-telescopes can detect signals from deep space. (Given multiple universes, there has to be at least one species which can naturally detect such signals. Why not us?)

Given that premise – that humans can somehow detect messages sent by inhabitants of other universes, and that these signals are interpreted by the humans who receive them as being visions – what are we able to determine about the content, the author, and the purpose of these messages?

As for the message’s content – the message of the message itself – what can we say? Well, the first thing we notice is that there’s a hell of a lot of messages.

To provide a complete listing of every written work which is based upon “otherworldly” messages would be way too much work for me. You’re on the internet. Go somewhere and look around for yourself. (A good start would be at the Sacred Texts website. Quite a substantial library there. And, no, I do not have any proprietary interest in that site. I just happen to like it.)

Now then, add to all the stuff that’s written down, from the Torah to the Tao Te Ching and every other written work both great and small – add to all of that - all of the messages which have never been written down.

“My Grandma once talked to a ghost.”

“My friend Bob says he was visited by an extraterrestrial.”

“Even though I’ve never been here, I could swear that this place is familiar somehow.”

You get the idea. There’s a boatload of messages coming in. What else can we determine about them, as far as their content – the message itself – is concerned?

One obvious thing about these messages is that none of them seem to be very straightforward. It’s not as if we’ve received a detailed, logical email from one of our alternate selves. No. The images are not quite right. They are distorted. Fragmented. It doesn’t even seem like a message at all, but rather more like a revelation (or hallucination).

But then, considering the source, and the processes needed to communicate, how can the message seem to be anything but strange to us?

Then there’s a related (perhaps due to the distortion, perhaps not) quality to these messages we would also surely notice: A lot of them seem to contradict one another. Sometimes they even contradict themselves. Sometimes they state things which simply fly in the face of what we have so far learned about our physical universe.

I can see three possible reasons for all this jumbled mess:

1) The messages are of such sophistication that our puny minds are only able to understand a garbled and incomplete version of the original message. Like astronaut Bowman in 2001: A Space Odyssey, we are overwhelmed.

2) The messages originate from more than one location and each sender’s motives and priorities are different. In this scene from the series Babylon 5, Captain Sheridan and Delenn confront representatives of two “elder” species (the Vorlons and the Shadows) who have, throughout history, manipulated the “younger species” (like us) into doing their bidding.

3) The messages deal with the historical facts and physical laws which pertain to the sender’s universe, but they can only be understood within the contextual framework of our own universe. This explains why the main character in the movie Contact, upon meeting an extraterrestrial, sees the creature as her dead father. (Lots of folks wanted to see some kind of weird, purple-tentacled alien dude but, when I saw this scene, I thought, ‘Makes sense to me’.

These reasons are not mutually exclusive. It’s entirely possible that there are many voices out there which are speaking to us (or past us – it’s not necessarily a given that these messages are even meant for us, only that we are somehow able to perceive them) AND that we’re unable to get a clear signal from any of them AND, on the rare occasions we do get a good signal, that the information received may contradict with what we know as scientific or historical fact. If all three of these hold true, then that would be a fustercluck of epic proportions.

[Wait. That’s what we’ve got now. Untold numbers of people, past and present, who claim to have had a vision, when all they’ve really received was a half-heard portion of an incomplete message for which they lack the experience to interpret properly. The followers of these visions do nothing but compete with the visions of others – through either the recruitment of new followers or the destruction of the infidel. Yeah. It’s a fustercluck alright.]

Other than the vagueness and inaccuracies contained in these messages, I can think of only one other attribute concerning their content. The message itself makes a deep impression upon the person receiving it. It is perceived by our minds on some level which impacts upon every part of our mind, saying both THIS IS IMPORTANT and THIS IS FROM OUTSIDE OF YOU, each in big red letters.

It is this profound feeling which is the prime motivation of visionaries, prophets and messiahs. It is the powerful blow to our senses which leads some of us to contemplate, others to convert, and still others to kill.

So, that’s the message. Concerning its author (or authors) and their reason (or reasons) for sending their message (or messages), I’ll take a look at some of the suspects and their motivations next week.

Take care.

taykair

Spring was too short.
I made the mistake, in Summer, trying to make it last,
and ignored Autumn’s beauty.
Now, here comes Winter.
It happens like that...

* * * * *​

Please pardon this collection of odds and ends. Just making sure that everything is nice and tidy and where it’s supposed to be. I had planned on a few more posts, but the following will have to do. Sorry. Best laid plans, and all that...

* * * * *​

Like Dr. Who's TARDIS, we are all bigger on the inside. There's more to our internal lives than we reveal. (You even have a picture of me here somewhere, but what can you see? Not all there is of me. That’s for sure.)

* * * * *​

Speaking of revelations: Remember when I once posted three things that were true and three things which were not true? Well, all three of the true things were, indeed, true. As for one of the false things, I apologize for the deception.

In my defense, I always intended to fess up before departing. To do so earlier would have just meant a lot of arguing and giving pointless answers to the wrong kinds of questions. (What’s the answer to the question I haven’t asked yet? How the hell should I know? In a billion other realities, you never asked the damned question, and in a billion others, the questions were never the same.)

* * * * *​

K – W < 0​

* * * * *​

Forget time travel (and time travelers). It’s an illusury path to walk.

Think instead of alternatives, and you’ll get to where you want to be.

You won’t do it, though. Not yet. You’ll cling to your time machines and your HDRs and your chronovisors and all of your other techno-crap. Like an NRA member and his gun, someone will have to pry your worthless devices from your cold, dead hands to get them away from you. You’ll never give them up.

So, it’s going to take a bit longer (and someone with a lot more patience and smarts than I have) before some of you realize that getting to where you want to be is really a very simple thing – since you are there already – and that going there isn’t nearly as satisfying or as wonderful as being right here and right now.

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. “Bullshit.” No, folks. The bullshit is in thinking that some kind of magic box stuffed with tubes and wires from Radio Shack is going to do the trick for you. It won’t. Neither will wishing for it, or sweating for it, or praying for it.

What will do the trick, then?

You already have had my answer to that – several times. Didn’t you see it?

* * * * *​

To those who have noticed the contradictions among all my posts:​

Remember your Whitman.​

* * * * *​

If you are looking for the conclusion to last week’s post, here it is in a nutshell. I won’t bore you with a long-winded description, just the bullet-points:

Who is sending the message? There are three suspects.

1. Buiders – Those who hope to make things better for us.

2. Destroyers – Those who wish us harm.

3. Us – We are mentally and emotionally linked to our alternate selves, and all visions are simply the multiversal equivalent of talking to ourselves. (My personal choice.)

The motivation?

1. Uplifting (from the Builders).

2. Destruction (from the Destroyers - duh).

3. It’s only natural. It’s how the You thinks. (Again, my favorite.)

Not as long – or as boring - as my original post would have been, but it will have to do. No time (ha!) for the longer version. It wasn’t all that important anyway. Just had to check that off the “to do” list.

* * * * *​

When you try to pack too many lifetimes into one life, you only realize, when you come near the end, that you have learned so much - and yet have left so much undone in so many, many places.

* * * * *​

To any and all who wish to coverse with me about any subject (other than what I’ve posted at Paranormalis) you may email me at:

* * * * *​

Sophia​

Project X​

Soul’s Journey​

Paranormal News​

The New Chosen Ones​

The Traveller’s Aid Society​

(R.I.P.)​

* * * * *​

If you find all of the little bits and pieces I’ve left behind here at Paranormalis, and if you see the puzzle, and if you figure it out, and if you tell the others, then they won’t believe you. Even if you show them, they’ll say you’re a fool.

It’s okay, though. They wouldn’t have believed me, either.

* * * * *​

“A place for everything, and everything in its place.”​

(The first part of that may or may not be true. I wouldn’t know. As for the second part, I did the best I could.)​

* * * * *​

Spring was too short.
I made the mistake, in Summer, trying to make it last,
and ignored Autumn’s beauty.
Now, here comes Winter.
It happens like that...

... but it’s okay

because Spring follows Winter again.

* * * * *​

Take care, all.​

Pondering

Again Taykair thanks for the cryptic nuggets to ponder. Best to us all in the coming winter...we watch for the spring which will indeed come again...the seeds of spring are guarded by the snow and are safe and comfy. Bless you and thanks for your input.prayer.png