What's The Biggest Structure Known To Man In The Universe ?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Ok, what's the biggest structure known to man, other than the universe itself ?

I didn't know anything about this before today, as I stumbled on this article on Wikipedia while looking for stuff about galaxies and such. Here is the biggest "thing" know to man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloan_Great_Wall

Its the Sloan Great Wall. It's a giant wall of galaxies ! Or if you prefer, a galaxy filament. It's a massive 1.37 billion light years wide wall made of galaxies.

I didn't know there were walls of galaxies out there. I thought galaxies were only hanging in clusters and such, but it seems hyper-clusters do exist. Pretty much like galaxies and other celestial bodies, a galaxy walls may be more or less dense, and smaller or bigger in size. The Sloan Great Wall would be currently the biggest one. These walls, or sheets of galaxies are separated from each others by bubble-like voids. Some of these void bubbles can have up to a billion light years in diameter, which is massive for something that contains ... nothing. Or nothing visible ?

Some pretend those empty spaces might be filled with dark matter ? They also consider that the gravity created by all these massive amounts of dark matter contained in the void holds those galaxy walls and hyper-clusters in place.

Does that make sense ? It would mean the biggest structures in the universe would be bubbles of dark matter, something we can't even see ?
Full size image:​
What's a galaxy filament:​
More information about large-scale structures of the universe:​
End of Greatness

The End of Greatness is an observational scale discovered at roughly 100 Mpc (roughly 300 million lightyears) where the lumpiness seen in the large-scale structure of the universe is homogenized and isotropized as per the Cosmological Principle. The superclusters and filaments seen in smaller surveys are randomized to the extent that the smooth distribution of the universe is visually apparent. It was not until the redshift surveys of the 1990s were completed that this scale could accurately be observed.

--Numenorean7

Attachments

• Local_galaxy_filaments_2.gif
    Local_galaxy_filaments_2.gif
    326.6 KB · Views: 8

Harte

The filaments are part of the macrostructure of the universe and are the subject of intense study.

If we can understand their structure, we could possibly figure out a whole lot about the Big Bang.

Harte

Holographic Galaxy

Hyperclusters by common sense logic must exist. The big-bang is 96% undiscovered dark energy and dark matter to explain galaxy shapes and the maximum size limit to be a supercluster. However, the large scale structure of the universe is filamentary, spongy, bubbly, plasma filament vortices that 3-D interconnect and likely form hologram structures. Examples include real hologram images of electrons, atoms, molecules, crystals, etc. The cosmic web of dark matter is a phony label, for what are cosmic vortex filaments. These filaments include the Warm-Hot Intergalactic medium filaments seen by Taotao Fang, connecting the sculptor wall supercluster with many galaxy clusters. Gas and dust is attracted to these filaments, and galaxy clusters form walls aligned parallel and perpendicular to filaments. The big-bang gravity model is a bunch of distorted nonsense, based on outdated round spherical earth dusty rock gravity. Outer space is zero gravity, and galaxy shapes are magnetic flat disks, and not rounded galaxy halos of dark matter to be invented to support their outdated theory. The CMB is even used to discover galaxy clusters and superclusters because it has a dipole, and is not anistropic nor isotropic as required. Please see my website and model of the universe at : http://holographicgalaxy.blogspot.com
http://holographicgalaxy.blogspot.com

Ok, what's the biggest structure known to man, other than the universe itself ?

I didn't know anything about this before today, as I stumbled on this article on Wikipedia while looking for stuff about galaxies and such. Here is the biggest "thing" know to man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloan_Great_Wall

Its the Sloan Great Wall. It's a giant wall of galaxies ! Or if you prefer, a galaxy filament. It's a massive 1.37 billion light years wide wall made of galaxies.

I didn't know there were walls of galaxies out there. I thought galaxies were only hanging in clusters and such, but it seems hyper-clusters do exist. Pretty much like galaxies and other celestial bodies, a galaxy walls may be more or less dense, and smaller or bigger in size. The Sloan Great Wall would be currently the biggest one. These walls, or sheets of galaxies are separated from each others by bubble-like voids. Some of these void bubbles can have up to a billion light years in diameter, which is massive for something that contains ... nothing. Or nothing visible ?

Some pretend those empty spaces might be filled with dark matter ? They also consider that the gravity created by all these massive amounts of dark matter contained in the void holds those galaxy walls and hyper-clusters in place.

Does that make sense ? It would mean the biggest structures in the universe would be bubbles of dark matter, something we can't even see ?
Full size image:​
What's a galaxy filament:​
More information about large-scale structures of the universe:​

--Numenorean7

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hmm, I like this idea. Why are all those huge structures so similar to microscopic structures? Is a molecule a miniature universe? It sure makes you think. :)

Holographic Galaxy

Shawn Thomas and colleagues have discovered HYPERCLUSTERS - aggregates of galaxies stretching over 3 billion light years. Space is filled with with vast hyperclusters of galaxies, according to team analysis of the largest scale volume galaxy survey, using the new MegaZ DR7 SDSS. A new photometric map catalogue shows anomalous signatures given by excess power over larger scales. They stated by looking at more of the sky with the SDSS, you start to see larger and larger structures. These hyperclusters are not sharply defined, with only a couple of percent variation in density from place to place, but the density contrast is twice what the big-bang predicts, directly fully challenging the big-bang theory. Innumerable huge hyperclusters are roughly outlined, which will be improved and enhanced by November when more data comes in. Look ahead to the demise of the big-bang, and to a Universe where size is irrevelant. Where hyperclusters are as normal as galaxies, and the filamentary structure of cosmic filaments extends far beyond the minisicule big-bang theory. See my story at
http://HolographicGalaxy.blogspot.com

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The Universe is massive. What if in the universe itself as a whole, time is irrelevant? It seems we have no way to know the Universe's exact size in the moment, but it doesn't matter, because when we're looking at galaxies a billion light-years away, we're looking at what they looked like a billion years ago. They're long gone.

What if in the universe as a whole thing, there's no such a thing as time? I don't tend to agree with the idea, but think about it. We are likely aware of the existence of a very small part of the Universe. We know there's much more out there, but we can't see it for sure.

What if that massive area we're able to see is only 0.001% of the entire universe? What if it Universe is infinite? Would time matter in the whole thing, does time just exist in our perception of things?

Holographic Galaxy

Team leader Roger Clowes believes that there is an interior and exterior to the large quasar group. He kindly replied back to me by email that currently they are working on studying the interior of the 73 quasar structure, and its environmental effects, rather than its exterior. I asked him if a superbubble could surround the LQG that could be 10 billion light years across, and he replied that the LQC is already the largest known structure in the universe. Could we be on the threshold of discovering several more, far larger structures, within the next few years? See this full featured story with proof and many photos, including a wallpaper of the LQC at:
Holographic Fractal Filamentary Universe of Electricity, Magnetism, Superfluids and Dusty Galaxies: 73 Quasars in LQG Defies Einstein's Cosmological Principle Assumption Required for the Big-bang by Being 4 Billion Light Years Across

Holographic Galaxy

Hovart has detected a 10 billion light year diameter structure about 10 billion LY away, that comprises the Hercules-Corona Borealis supercluster constellation great wall filament. it's over twice the size of the 73 large quasar group, where both are located nearby in the same sky direction and distances, comprising neighbor constellations or superclusters. Clowes speculates a connection between his LQG and nearby lesser CCLQG, without seeing it. Logical speculation on my story is that we can figure out ourselves, that the sky direction is aligned with the more distant and massive shapley supetcluster attractor by an undetected fiament that connects to the Hercules-Corona Borealis supercluster constellation, that also connects to the 73 LQG. This structure is larger than the size to fit inside the big bang. Cosmic filaments are confined plasma by magnetic fields, and twist in a vortex state, and rarely aligned to see through their vast length. There are micro and macro scales of dust, plasmas, magnetic fields, and superfluid phase changes and lattices. see incredible story with time enhanced animation of the 10 billion ly structure at Holographic Superfluid Universe of Electricity, Magnetism, MHD, Nanostructures and Galaxies: Cosmic Structure 10 Billion Light Years in Diameter Flat Outright Refutes the Big-bang Theory

Last edited: