What's with all the fakery and liars?

TheDoctor

Okay, so I couldn't think of a proper title.

Anyways, it seems everything I've read on this forum about time travel and time travel methods is generally about meditating, dreams, crystals, etc.

Maybe I'm the idiot but this all seems like snake oil type stuff to me. I have not found one post proposing a method of time travel that uses science, math, physics, etc.

I know methods like the HDR have an electromagnet but how is that and some crystal supposed to time travel?
And there are so many people who claim they were successful with these types of methods. I don't see scientifically how they would work at all. There is no scientific basis whatsoever.

Why is everyone hopping on the "let's time travel by dreaming" bandwagon? Dreaming you're in the past doesn't let you go to the past. Obviously.

All of these methods with no basis in anything with so many people claiming they work. You realize by claiming they work you're just holding everyone else back because you want to believe this type of stuff works.

I'd really like to try and build something with someone based on physics and math. Not dreaming and meditation.

By the way sorry if I seem a bit butthurt about this.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith

Anyways, it seems everything I've read on this forum about time travel and time travel methods is generally about meditating, dreams, crystals, etc.

Maybe I'm the idiot but this all seems like snake oil type stuff to me. I have not found one post proposing a method of time travel that uses science, math, physics, etc.

I know methods like the HDR have an electromagnet but how is that and some crystal supposed to time travel?
And there are so many people who claim they were successful with these types of methods. I don't see scientifically how they would work at all. There is no scientific basis whatsoever.

Why is everyone hopping on the "let's time travel by dreaming" bandwagon? Dreaming you're in the past doesn't let you go to the past. Obviously.

All of these methods with no basis in anything with so many people claiming they work. You realize by claiming they work you're just holding everyone else back because you want to believe this type of stuff works.

I'd really like to try and build something with someone based on physics and math. Not dreaming and meditation.

Snake Oil !?!?!?!

With practise, concentration and skill mental time travel, viewing the past and uncertain futures is open to all.

To physically time travel then you need science, intelligence and be able to use and create complex parts from rare materials which whittles down the population who have access to it considerably... This is why you hear more about meditation and remote viewing than you do about Tardis's.

TheDoctor

Snake Oil !?!?!?!

With practise, concentration and skill mental time travel, viewing the past and uncertain futures is open to all.

To physically time travel then you need science, intelligence and be able to use and create complex parts from rare materials which whittles down the population who have access to it considerably... This is why you hear more about meditation and remote viewing than you do about Tardis's.
But how can you know that it's not simply a dream, or your imaginaiton? How is the human mind capable of seeing the past and future?? It makes no sense.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

You have no idea how far this goes. You've been educated to believe. It seems you strongly believe in Math, Science, Physics, and the scientific method. And you are taught to disbelieve anything that has no scientific basis. Did you just blindly accept all this without verifying any of it?

I'll be willing to bet you did. Because if you had questioned any of it along the way, you would have realized all of it is just a bunch of HOOEY.

It's like we have been invaded, conquered, and subjugated. And our willingness to believe is how we are all being controlled. Basically our education is just fiction. Some invader is intentionally keeping us all stupid.

So before you can actually build something like a time machine, you have to learn how to separate facts from beliefs.

TheDoctor

You have no idea how far this goes. You've been educated to believe. It seems you strongly believe in Math, Science, Physics, and the scientific method. And you are taught to disbelieve anything that has no scientific basis. Did you just blindly accept all this without verifying any of it?

I'll be willing to bet you did. Because if you had questioned any of it along the way, you would have realized all of it is just a bunch of HOOEY.

It's like we have been invaded, conquered, and subjugated. And our willingness to believe is how we are all being controlled. Basically our education is just fiction. Some invader is intentionally keeping us all stupid.

So before you can actually build something like a time machine, you have to learn how to separate facts from beliefs.

With all due respect, that's a load of crap. You are right in assuming I'm a believer in math, science, scientific method, etc. but how would someone keep us stupid? This is stuff that we observe. These are the laws by which our universe operates. How could that be faked? Who would be doing this? I am actually interested in hearing your point of view on the topic so please elaborate.
To me you just sound like some paranoid person who's coming up with unrealistic conspiracy theories.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I wouldn't go as far as calling people liars. Folks discuss and share what they experience and/or believe in.

I agree with Snake that astral time travel seems way more likely to be achieved for common people like us than building a Delorean-like time machine. Meditation, astral travel, and OOBE are very deep subjects. In order to meditate, you don't need to buy or pay for anything. Anyone can do it. That's convenient and easy to do as you please. Maybe with a lot of practice, you'll be able to project your astral body to another timeline and have a great experience.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Did you see the episode of Mythbusters where they busted Newton's Laws of Motion? They pointed a fan at the sail in a sailboat and the boat started to move.

I created the math that shows centrifugal acceleration does exist. Yet in my physics course we are taught centrifugal force is a ficticious force. Here is some math for you if you are into math.

Einstien1.jpg

And I did notice you were willing to condemn what I had to say based on your beliefs. You might be too far gone with beliefs.

Harte

Using current theory and mathematics, you'll need to be able to either create gravity arbitrarily somehow (unknown) OR you can construct a "timelike curve" wormhole.
For the former, there is no basis in known physics. For the latter, it has been found that it would require an enormous amount of "dark energy" (currently theoretical only.)
So, wear oven mitts.

Harte

Last edited: