What's your job ?

thenumbersix

What's your job ?

What is your current employment, or lack of, or study etc.

and...

What is your ideal way of making a living ?

I'll start :

What i Do : I work for myself fixing crappy old PCs in offices where no-one likes being there and everyone especially doesn't want to pay you..

Ideal Method : Sitting on a beach in Koh Tao with a laptop writing software for the interweb thingy, is possible !

I work on this ****e all day, but, as a small exampe of something, I have made just over ?100 on a hobby project recently on , essentially, donations. :

Is a Call of Duty game server remote admin tool, shareware... Been needing an update for a while to support United Offensive and another mods I can find. And porting to doom3, HL2, etc.. And a front end to import/teach new games/mods.

But this made me enough money to buy a Big Muff and have a couple of nights out on the piss, and took me no more than 4 or 5 nights cramming code. After the next update, will let know how it goes..Just have had absolutely no time lately, life is getting very interesting atm.

The thing is, It's out there for everyone. We all have the capability, only a tiny few have the inclination, any good or established idea will sell, you only need to be as good or a bit better then the next guy to get work, why let someone else take half your money when you could have it all and buy the house in the country to raise your kids in and get them away from all the bull**** ?

Simply posting on this forum makes you more skilled than a whole shed load of people, I deal with people who are literally ****e scared of it, and not just the older generations, my Nan hassles me to come over and visit on MSN. Some people think they will cause some massive failure by just touching it or pressing on the worng button, fear is rife, is sad really, these people need help, from us !

come on, start a conversation someone - 4am and caned, good night ! :p

PyRo99

Re: What's your job ?

I go to a Highschool, and do absolutely nothing but sit there and day-dream. It's got its upsides...;)

Heinrich Hundekok

Hehe!

Good luck Pyro, I hated that part too. But you know...

Cool idea btw Thenumbersix, I'm in.

Well, here goes...
During my 20's I've been trying all sorts of things from working in forestry, blacksmithing, and studying at the university. Right now I'm studying to become a scool teacher while working part-time at a viking centre as a blacksmith and iron-smelter. Thats pretty fun, but it's only in the summer, and I don't make a lot of money doing it.

The ideal way of making a living... ummm... would be teaching crafts at some small devoted scool while earning an extra buck actually writing down all those novels and short-stories that I normally just think of writing.

I'd preferrably live in a cob cottage with my family, grow my own vegetables and spend my spare time reading up on stuff that interests me and building strange contraptions in the workshop.

Something like that, definitely...

On to the next one!

H.H.

XDrFirefly

What is your current employment, or lack of, or study etc.

I currenly work at a zoo. I've been making pennies there for 3 years now. I've done almost everything there. At the moment I'm in charge of the food areas. I went to Uni. for 8 year. spent ~$50,000 (I did do on things most people don't I went to school to learn something, So I took classes I wanted. and didnt worry about grades.) I've also had alot of different job. Delievered Pizza, Janitor, Factory Worker, Quail Farmer, Retail Store Manager...

and...

What is your ideal way of making a living ?

My Ideal employment is owning a Bed and Breakfast, or something like it. Where friends, and new people come and go in and out of my home. Some place where I can hire a staff and treat them the way businesses used to treat employee it cared about. I want to be able to sit for hours and talk with the families, or couples staying. I don't want to just own one though. I want to be able to travel around the world, and visit my businesses I setup. Then, finally get my Ph.D in Family Development and write books on how to raise children, and how to live life in the 21st century.

*I'm starting my plan. I bid on a house in West Virginia to be my first chance at trying out the Bed and Breakfast Idea.

Timescholar

I'm a Programmer/Analyst and Web Developer/Admin (yes, I actually get paid for "moderating" a website -- inside joke).

virtualgirl

This could be fun......

I work in emergency management for a major telecommunications corp. I'm about to start a new venture on the side making blown glass jewelry (should be fun). We shall see how that pans out. LOL :)

isabel

Nice idea, nr.6.

Well, ashamed to say it, but I'm a French teacher (everybody get those smirks off your faces!!!). Technically speaking, that is. I have a Bachelor degree in French Language and Literature, but soon after graduating I realized I didn't wanna do it. It made me miserable. So now I have a job that makes me happy - I'm a personal trainer.

My ideal way of making a living? Professional ice hockey player. Seriously.

Mai

I'm in the military, for now. I plan on studying international relations when I'll get out.

The ideal way to make a living... that would be to travel around the world, study languages, and get paid for it. That would be fun.