When Anger is Healthy

Carl Miller

When the anger is healthy?

One of the most negative in all of the emotions-coming right from the lymbic primitive part of the brain the anger is almost uncontrollable and its effects can be unpredictable.

But recent researches point out that repressing or even suppressing anger invariably results in considerable damage to the nervous system.

One of these studies is carried out by Harvard Study of Adult Development from the Harvard University, USA.

The research consisted in monitoring the lives of 824 male adults and female since 1965.

They noticed people overrepressing their frustrations are 3 times more likely to giving up their careers and developing a tendency to disregard their personal emotional lives.

While people who learned how to explore and channel their anger showed a tendency to get settled down in their professional lives and even in their sentimental and emotional lives. Having enthusiasm into living and share your experiences, good relationships, getting out of your shelf, come into life, enjoy living, these things can be a transformed hate that turned into positive things.

Is it possible to go on living without emotions? Emotions are reactions, aren't they? And are reactions actual?
Can we consider emotions belonging to reality? One wonders, one laughs, one reacts, one enjoys nature, one listens to music and this very listening is a reaction, isn't it?
Yes, one reacts to the melody, one resonates to what is being said, to the letter, to the show put on by the band. All that thrilling feeling to belong to something, to be part of something, something shared by many, an ecstatic sensation to be fitting in, and be just like one mingled in the whole, having the blessings of a mystic atmosphere a collective mind provides.
It is not like so among the savages into a deep forest, those ancient rites of passage, don't they provide the same fulfilling feeling, the feeling of completion, to be satisfied just like a cozy and warm baby in the womb? Why exchanging such a feeling of security the tribe provides for a lonely journey towards nowhere? There's a mechanism behind emotions that includes memories, tradition. ]
Is it really possible to live without emotions? Is true love just an emotion? Is there actually a 'true love'?

Has true love anything to do to attachment?

Created by Dr. Carl Miller PHD in Psychology and Anthropology

TnWatchdog

I'm not angry Carl...no I'm pissed off!!! Just kidding.

I don't get too angry but when I do I explode and mostly over little things. Maybe once a month the tea kettle in me screams, which I don't think is too bad. Laughter, as they say, is the best medicine for anger. I don't watch too many comedies but found myself laughing watching Cutthroat Kichen, a reality show. I mainly like the smart ass remarks the contestants come up with when working with situations, like, "I'm not paying $5,000 for lettuce!" I guess you have to watch the show to get what I mean. My turning up the tunes with a few beers on Friday is a great way to keep avoiding anger...it works for me.

Carl Miller

I'm not angry Carl...no I'm pissed off!!! Just kidding.

I don't get too angry but when I do I explode and mostly over little things. Maybe once a month the tea kettle in me screams, which I don't think is too bad. Laughter, as they say, is the best medicine for anger. I don't watch too many comedies but found myself laughing watching Cutthroat Kichen, a reality show. I mainly like the smart ass remarks the contestants come up with when working with situations, like, "I'm not paying $5,000 for lettuce!" I guess you have to watch the show to get what I mean. My turning up the tunes with a few beers on Friday is a great way to keep avoiding anger...it works for me.

Thank you, Watchdog for contributing to the thread. Well i tried to listened to what you said on how you express your anger, your aggressive feelings.
As suggested by me, who professionally study emotions and deal with people either at the University and also in my private office , repressing anger is like keeping a roten dead mouse inside your house. So, you must find a way to channel that emotion for your own well being. Sweep the dead mouse away outside your place by laughing as you said.
Watchdog, i just love those films from Jerry Lewis with or without Martin. After bellylaughing watching those movies i notice that i do not feel any more anger or uncomfortable sensations. Thanks, my friend.

TnWatchdog

Thank you, Watchdog for contributing to the thread. Well i tried to listened to what you said on how you express your anger, your aggressive feelings.
As suggested by me, who professionally study emotions and deal with people either at the University and also in my private office , repressing anger is like keeping a roten dead mouse inside your house. So, you must find a way to channel that emotion for your own well being. Sweep the dead mouse away outside your place by laughing as you said.
Watchdog, i just love those films from Jerry Lewis with or without Martin. After bellylaughing watching those movies i notice that i do not feel any more anger or uncomfortable sensations. Thanks, my friend.
And don't forget the Three Stooges, they will keep you laughing, for sure.
Edit...And the Family Guy cartoon show, which gets me going. lol

Last edited:

Carl Miller

If I get mad I'll usually just attack somebody or pick something up and throw it at something...
Physics, you know, man, it is something instinctual it may be criminal, but it cannot be considered as insanity. All psychologists know about that. Unless it is a stronger mental disorder as Psychosis.

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
If I get mad I'll usually just attack somebody or pick something up and throw it at something...
Physics, you know, man, it is something instinctual it may be criminal, but it cannot be considered as insanity. All psychologists know about that. Unless it is a stronger mental disorder as Psychosis.
Yo, it's called adrenaline strength. When certain things happen adrenaline that was stored up inside your body isn't stored up. If you have more adrenaline then your overall body becomes stronger. I have a lot of adrenaline stored up inside me, combined with anger problems which isn't a good mix. If you ask me, anger is just a more intense version of sadness.

Carl Miller

Yo, it's called adrenaline strength. When certain things happen adrenaline that was stored up inside your body isn't stored up. If you have more adrenaline then your overall body becomes stronger. I have a lot of adrenaline stored up inside me, combined with anger problems which isn't a good mix. If you ask me, anger is just a more intense version of sadness.
let us not put it so simple, Physic. You know anger is a powerful thrusting feeling which kicks your butt for you not become an eternal dumb useless thing. I consider myself na angry person cause i am reactive to aggression. Even Jesus, the personification of Goodness did not deny the power of anger as when he damned the sellers that he considered as thieves working at the temple.

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
let us not put it so simple, Physic. You know anger is a powerful thrusting feeling which kicks your butt for you not become an eternal dumb useless thing. I consider myself an angry person cause i am reactive to aggression. Even Jesus, the personification of Goodness did not deny the power of anger as when he damned the sellers that he considered as thieves working at the temple.
Yes, you are definitely right about that... I could talk about what anger really is for hours but since I really can't do that I decided to just sum it up. Also, just call me Jaden... it's my real name irl ya know. Also, I think that Jesus was only mad because they were selling stuff and cheating/sinning so he got mad. Who wouldn't? It wasn't even a sin, I would have considered it as a good deed. So, yes techinally there are some types of good anger. But, most of them are bad...

Carl Miller

i want to explore the idea that thought and time are the root of fear.

And love it seems is the total absence of fear.

Biologically this is true to some extent. Fear and anger are both biologically expressed with only one hormone: adrenaline. The response to adrenaline is either fight (anger) or flight (fear).

So if looked at biologically this would mean that love is the absence of adrenaline. This makes some sense. Fear certainly makes a lot of spiritual practice harder. Breathing for instance becomes hard when fear takes over. Focusing on the needs of someone else is harder when we are scared for our own lives, livelihood or whatever. In other words: fear makes love harder.

Fear is wired into the biochemistry of our bodies. Fear has been a necessary part of physical survival. Fear provided that extra amount of strength, speed, and agility to save our pre-history ancestor from being eaten by animals like for example a tiger. Those same physiological reactions are present in our modern-day bodies which respond just as strongly to psychological fears as they do to physical fears.

The tiger is real – our psychological fears are not. Our bodies, not knowing the difference, treat them as one and the same. Thus, if we are to change our relationship with psychological fear, it is necessary to find the source of our fear and heal it.

I agree to some extent: our psychological fears are partly realistic. For instance, with the present economic difficulties many people are afraid of their jobs or their business, a crash in the stock market , going personally bankrupt etc..

Also it is seen that once people become afraid – they infect each other. I have seen corporates and institutions where fear is the ruling factor.

I don’t think that kind of fear has anything to do with love.

It’s not the opposite of love, but rather on a different level altogether. Just pondering...

Deceptions and fear lead to aggressity, Jaden. Just as you posted.