When's warp technology going to get publicised?

klem.sk

Please feel free to offer opinions. I feel that at this point packing time-ticking bombs aka rockets with tons of chemical fuel to pass miles is beyond ridiculous. Or are we still that backwards that it pains me to accept it?! Did we overslept the last 60 years?!

Harte

I would think you would need to invent a working warp drive before you could possibly use a warp drive.

At this point, the only warp drive we know of is completely hypothetical and would take about as much energy as the Sun puts out in order to operate. But that's a vast improvement over the original theory, which would have taken about as much energy as there is in the entire universe.

Harte

klem.sk

Here is a page on the subject of Warp Drive. Hypothetical, of course.

While some hypothesize, others I'm afraid experiment, though not replicate still. There have been reports over the decades of crashed saucers, mysterious elements and attempts of back-engeneering captured FTL technology. Usually where's smoke, there's fire too. Claims that have never been disproved. Whether it's all lie and attention hunger, I couldn't say. But naivity is definitely not it.

Wind7

Staff
While some hypothesize, others I'm afraid experiment, though not replicate still. There have been reports over the decades of crashed saucers, mysterious elements and attempts of back-engeneering captured FTL technology. Usually where's smoke, there's fire too. Claims that have never been disproved. Whether it's all lie and attention hunger, I couldn't say. But naivity is definitely not it.

Touche'

TimeFlipper

You can't fly a claim across the universe.
Pipe dreams don't warp spacetime.

Harte

Come on Hartey you know the USS Enterprise had a warp drive which infact was an EM "bottle" that surrounded the Enterprise, enabling the ship to travel at superluminal velocities...The EM bottle was also a protection for the ships crew as it placed them into a virtual reality in which they can live safely at FTL speeds :eek: :ROFLMAO:..

NaturalPhilosopher

Please feel free to offer opinions. I feel that at this point packing time-ticking bombs aka rockets with tons of chemical fuel to pass miles is beyond ridiculous. Or are we still that backwards that it pains me to accept it?! Did we overslept the last 60 years?!
yup overslept
I figured it out, so obviously private individuals did as well
tesla did
mainly the only obstacle now isn't technology, it's responsibility of the public.
this stuff is dangerous cuz it's simple and cheap. Imagine FTL cruise missiles.

everyone says it's impossible cuz they think infinite energy is needed. They make one mistake. They never explain why there's a speed of light limit. There's nothing in front of matter to prevent it moving. So empty space as the road has a speed limit o_O

if you figure out what the relationship of matter is to space, you can reduce the relationship and presto...
ZOOM.

Last edited: