Where are the best places to go to see the stars?

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
As most of you know, I have an interest in astronomy (which is weird considering I pursued physics in college), and I was wondering if any of you know a good place that I could go to this summer to maybe see some of the things in the sky like Andromeda and the planets. Any suggestions work for me.

Negan

THE member
Anywhere that isn't polluted by light. The further away from large cities you get, the better it is. As for any specific place, I don't know. Going a little off topic, I was with my stepfather who was a trucker one summer. I think we were traveling a rather desolate road in Nevada or Arizona in the middle of a desert when he pulls over to take a leak. I jump out and was instantly blown away by the stars.

It looked like I could reach out and touch the stars. It's burned into my memory like it happened yesterday.

Hope you get some good pictures if you go, I'd love to see them.

Mayhem

Zenith
Anywhere that isn't polluted by light. The further away from large cities you get, the better it is. As for any specific place, I don't know. Going a little off topic, I was with my stepfather who was a trucker one summer. I think we were traveling a rather desolate road in Nevada or Arizona in the middle of a desert when he pulls over to take a leak. I jump out and was instantly blown away by the stars.

It looked like I could reach out and touch the stars. It's burned into my memory like it happened yesterday.

Hope you get some good pictures if you go, I'd love to see them.

Same over here in the outback Australia, on the Nullabor especially.

My father worked up North of OZ in the 70's far away from any cities, said was like looking a movie in the sky!.

paradox404

In Australia the best place is basically in the middle of no where. I once went to a remote property near the Queensland and Northern Territory border, the view at night was the most breath taking I've ever seen.

If you go to the outback be careful of snakes and camping in the path of horny camels.