Where did life originate from?

Inferno

Some people theorize that the conditions of early earth could give rise to amino acids by a combination of inorganic compounds with reactions involving either lightning or radiation. I have a friend who thinks the odds of the happening is way too low and believes bacteria traveled here from space. Where do you believe the first life on earth came from?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I suppose that if we stick to the facts, the question is unanswerable. But I have a favorite make believe story that I abide by. The author writes the story in a manner that will sway you into accepting it as possibly real.

Inferno

I suppose that if we stick to the facts, the question is unanswerable. But I have a favorite make believe story that I abide by. The author writes the story in a manner that will sway you into accepting it as possibly real.
I'm going to have to set aside some time to watch it, it seems very intriguing. I may post a summary of what it says once I watch it.

paulyoung2

YH of course..

comes in many forms and not only unique to the human species but on earth life is what it is.. all animals currently "lead" (rolling eyes) by the human animal

the human animal interfered with plenty of times by its own species from various timelines and under a continuous evolution that right about now is jumping the shark.. right about...….. now!

Harte

Some people theorize that the conditions of early earth could give rise to amino acids by a combination of inorganic compounds with reactions involving either lightning or radiation. I have a friend who thinks the odds of the happening is way too low and believes bacteria traveled here from space. Where do you believe the first life on earth came from?
That makes no difference to the question. Also, if the odds of it happening here are too great, what were the odds of it happening somewhere else?

Harte

Inferno

That makes no difference to the question. Also, if the odds of it happening here are too great, what were the odds of it happening somewhere else?
What my friend believes is that there are planets where life is way more likely to from and life traveled from one of these planets to earth through space. If the chance of life forming is unbelievably low(around 0.0000000000000000001%), you could pretty much assume that there is no other life in the universe. While I don't believe this, it is interesting to think about.

Harte

Earth looks to me like one of those planets where life (at least, OUR kind of life,) is more likely to form.

Harte

The_Ruffneck

Creator (Not religious) or seeded/created by intelligent alien races.
I don't subscribe to the theory that life can arise from nothing or that all life originates from the same microbes.

TimeFlipper

It should be obvious where life first started...It began with the landing of a strange craft from another dimension...The inhabitants of the craft dispatched amoebas around the Earth and kept returning to see how they had developed...Finally in 1 Million Years BC, scientists from the other dimension had sex with several very good looking females, from which sprang an intelligent form of Human Being!...This movie depicts everything!