Who Decides Which Questions to Ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dh1

Who is the qualified, omnipotent authority that decides what is the "proper" question to ask a time traveler? Do you feel that an anonymous author, who refuses to reveal a drop of his credentials, is the authoritative speaker of the time travel sub culture just because he says so? Is he the only person that can decide which questions are appropriate and which are not? Is this a game like Jeopardy where we list a thousand questions and hope that the anonymous authors approve of just one? And to what avail? What is the purpose of pleasing said author who is too afraid to reveal his identity because he knows he will be ridiculed? Should we even trust someone whose main motive is to make a sale?

I feel that ANY question is valid. Each of us has a burning question in our mind. We have blanks about the topic that we'd like to have filled in. There is no ONE magic question that one "winner" is supposed to ask a supposed time traveler.

ALL QUESTIONS ARE VALID in my opinion. ALL.

And the biggest question of them all:

Why haven't any of these supposed time travelers answered a single question directly?
Time travelers are the qualified ones to determine what questions are the ones to be asked. The universe doesn't spill it's secrets to the immoral masses. Knowing some details shows you're pre-qualified by higher intelligence. Time is consciousness.

If you ask a doctor about medicine, is he qualified? Is he going to answer you how to poison someone and get away with it? How about how to synthesize powerful sedatives and memory loss agents? Doctors trust each other. Ask the right questions.

What horrible crime did the Atlanteans commit against themselves and reality? Gotta wonder. Shall we have Atlantis 2.0?

Ok, then, why can someone NOT qualified determine if your question is worthy enough or not?

A question comes from the curiosity of our own mind. I personally feel life isn't a game of Jeopardy where only a select few are allowed to ask questions. We all have questions about every aspect of life -- some are simple, some are more complicated. And people come from all walks of life and educational levels. A 5 year old's question about time travel is just as valid as a middle aged man's question even if the reader's think it is too simplistic. I just personally feel that judging the questions that people ask others is...well, for lack of a better word.... silly.

This isn't kindergarten. There's real dangers involved. Children ask all sorts of varied questions; "are you cheating on your wife?", "I heard my grandfather mention sexual impotence, what is it mom?", "ohh, how cool please show me how to make potassium perchlorate fireworks"

Ok, Mr.Nuclear Physicist how can I make enriched plutonium with household supplies? All questions are valid that's true and as children intimately know, they are repeatedly ignored.

First develop a friendship with the claimed knowledable person. After trust is established then demonstrate your dedication to the subject by asking highly insightful inquiries.

Step 1)
Establish friendship
Step 2)
Establish Trust and demonstration of subject dedication
Step 3)
Get goodies.

Ya know, normal social skills. It takes time but I'm sure you're too busy.
People take for granted the safe world we live in and act accordingly like children in a playpen.

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Time travelers are the qualified ones to determine what questions are the ones to be asked. The universe doesn't spill it's secrets to the immoral masses. Knowing some details shows you're pre-qualified by higher intelligence. Time is consciousness.

If you ask a doctor about medicine, is he qualified? Is he going to answer you how to poison someone and get away with it? How about how to synthesize powerful sedatives and memory loss agents? Doctors trust each other. Ask the right questions.

What horrible crime did the Atlanteans commit against themselves and reality? Gotta wonder. Shall we have Atlantis 2.0?

Ok, then, why can someone NOT qualified determine if your question is worthy enough or not?

A question comes from the curiosity of our own mind. I personally feel life isn't a game of Jeopardy where only a select few are allowed to ask questions. We all have questions about every aspect of life -- some are simple, some are more complicated. And people come from all walks of life and educational levels. A 5 year old's question about time travel is just as valid as a middle aged man's question even if the reader's think it is too simplistic. I just personally feel that judging the questions that people ask others is...well, for lack of a better word.... silly.

This isn't kindergarten. There's real dangers involved. Children ask all sorts of varied questions; "are you cheating on your wife?", "I heard my grandfather mention sexual impotence, what is it mom?", "ohh, how cool please show me how to make potassium perchlorate fireworks"

Ok, Mr.Nuclear Physicist how can I make enriched plutonium with household supplies? All questions are valid that's true and as children intimately know, they are repeatedly ignored.

First develop a friendship with the claimed knowledable person. After trust is established then demonstrate your dedication to the subject by asking highly insightful inquiries.

Step 1)
Establish friendship
Step 2)
Establish Trust and demonstration of subject dedication
Step 3)
Get goodies.

Ya know, normal social skills.

So, your ultimate goal in a relationship is what you can personally get out of it? That is subjective. I'm talking about situtations where people to ask curious questions of a so called time traveler. I guess it comes down to motive. If your motive is to get "freebies", then I suppose you wouldn't be interested in questions. If your motive is facts, you will ask very different questions. So, who is to really say which question is right and which is wrong?

And the scenario above may be a ONE type of social skill but it sounds manipulative.

dh1

typical american narcisisst.
me me me me me me.

what are you going to give in return for any information from henry? anything?
have you positioned yourself to trade any secrets in exchange?

dh1

your posts are proof enough.
bb88c1ceabe993da5888bb9d0440c99e4e53261bfedfe0ccfcf3a3ef59a3624b.jpg

JustMe

typical american narcisisst.
me me me me me me.

what are you going to give in return for any information from henry? anything?
have you positioned yourself to trade any secrets in exchange?
She isn't the one here trying to prove she is a time traveller. The impetus is onhim to prove it not on us to give him information...

Status
Not open for further replies.