Debunking Who Perpetrated the John Titor Hoax?

Peregrini

valid reasons? LIke what? The same agnostic arguments that can be applied to god can be applied to Titor. And with Opera confriming CERNS neterino faster than light results...Well , it calls some things into question. YOu say you have valid reasons??? Care to share how valid they are?

I don't have time this morning to give you the complete answer which you deserve. I will try this evening. Here for now is a bit more on my reason. Last time I checked the second law of thermodynamics was pretty valid.

Thermodynamic entropy is a non-conserved state function that is of great importance in the sciences of physics and chemistry.[4][5] Historically, the concept of entropy evolved in order to explain why some processes (permitted by conservation laws) occur spontaneously while their time reversals (also permitted by conservation laws) do not; systems tend to progress in the direction of increasing entropy.[6][7] For isolated systems, entropy never decreases.[5] This fact has several important consequences in science: first, it prohibits "perpetual motion" machines; and second, it implies the arrow of entropy has the same directionality as the arrow of time. Increases in entropy correspond to irreversible changes in a system, because some energy is expended as waste heat, limiting the amount of work a system can do..[4][8][8][9][10][11]
4.^ a b c McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Chemistry, 2004
5.^ a b Sandler S. I., Chemical and Engineering Thermodynamics, 3rd Ed. Wiley, New York, 1999 p. 91
6.^ McQuarrie D. A., Simon J. D., Physical Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, University Science Books, Sausalito 1997 p. 817
7.^ Haynie, Donald, T. (2001). Biological Thermodynamics. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-79165-0.
8.^ a b Cutnell, John, D.; Johnson, Kenneth, J. (1998). Physics, 4th ed.. John Wiley and Sons, Inc.. ISBN 0-471-19113-2.
9.^ a b Sethna, J. Statistical Mechanics Oxford University Press 2006 p. 78
10.^ a b Oxford Dictionary of Science, 2005
11.^ de Rosnay, Joel (1979). The Macroscope – a New World View (written by an M.I.T.-trained biochemist). Harper & Row, Publishers. ISBN 0-06-011029-5.

titorite

Wait perpetual motion? That is easily achieved.

Two quick examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy4yRrOw2Ww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us7YB7eiOeQ

From magnets, to water equalization , to air pressure, to vacuum.... yeah you can make perpetual motion machines.... Granted I don't see them ever utilized properly. What aint hoax is normally ornamental.... Science / history museum in Houston has a HUGE one. Pendulum style.. doesn't do much. It swings back and forth in a slight rotating fashion knocking over about one peg a minute to keep time.

As for the arrow of entropy and time that gets challenged with singularities...and I suspect it is challenged again with this new faster than light neutrino discovery by CERN confirmed by OPERA.

I should say in what way... duh,,,

Something else should be said.

Worldline travel is not the same as time travel according to Titor. In his accounting he could never return to his exact and precise destination of time/worldline that he left...but the one he would return too should be so much the same it shouldn't matter.

Ren

"John Titor was a pseudonym as in John Doe. A very common name John and Titor was representative of his being a 'Ti' me 'T' ravel 'or'. Ignore the fact that it should have been Titer. Pretty ingenious huh? This pseudonym was used by the poster to hide his real identity."

Are these your thoughts or are you quoting someone?
John Titor's other handle is Time Travel 0 therefore, John Ti(me)t(ravel)0r should be the derived handle where 0 represents an ordered number and 'r' stands for something else.

"This is what I think I believe was the real person/people behind the Hoax.
It was probably at least one college student"

I disagree that it was a college student or students. I am a professional linguist. I can determine what kind of person wrote the John Titor material. Whoever wrote the material is ex-military and has extensive graduate level knowledge of physics.

One thing I do know is that the syntax corresponds sometimes to that of John Rick Haber. But it could be that he was relaying messages from John Titor. I have studied Rick's expressions and mannerisms on videos of him and I can confirm that he is not hoaxing Titor.

You're forgetting "Source Code", the latest time travel movie. It's very good.
"Groundhog Day"
"Somewhere in Time"

I think John Titor is the real deal. I think he is who he says he is. I'm not a follower or a worshiper. I just want to get his message out. I believe I've figured it out. It is in the 2nd chapter of "Alas Babylon".

Peregrini

titorite
Wait perpetual motion? That is easily achieved.

per·pet·u·al   [per-pech-oo-uhl]
adjective
1. continuing or enduring forever; everlasting.
2. lasting an indefinitely long time:
3. continuing or continued without intermission or interruption; ceaseless:
Perpetual means infinitely. Since the earth will not last for infinity neither will the machines you offer as proof the second law is invalid. When the earth is consumed by the expanding sun the machines will be destroyed, motion stops, second law preserved.
Ok. I know that's the cheap way out but I am not an engineer nor a physicist so I am not qualified to debate these machines with you but I DO know that the second LAW of thermodynamics is valid. If anyone does make a TRUE perpetual motion machine everyone will hear about it and the inventor will get a real nice Nobel Prize for his effort.

ren
John Titor's other handle is Time Travel 0 therefore, John Ti(me)t(ravel)0r should be the derived handle where 0 represents an ordered number and 'r' stands for something else.
Ren;
I'm not positive but I do believe I plagiarized that from you.
I disagree that it was a college student or students. I am a professional linguist.
And a compulsive liar. Which is it with that statement?
I can determine what kind of person wrote the John Titor material. Whoever wrote the material is ex-military and has extensive graduate level knowledge of physics.
And to recognize an extensive graduate level knowledge of physics would probably require maybe an extensive graduate level knowledge of physics? And you have that too?

Ren

"And to recognize an extensive graduate level knowledge of physics would probably require maybe an extensive graduate level knowledge of physics? And you have that too?"

Do you?

Peregrini

"And to recognize an extensive graduate level knowledge of physics would probably require maybe an extensive graduate level knowledge of physics? And you have that too?"

Do you?
Nope. My job was in chemistry.
ren
Peregrini said said:
Ren;
I'm not positive but I do believe I plagiarized that from you.
It's too late to edit my original post so here is the link giving you proper credit for the anagram.
http://paranormalis.com/threads/i-am-john-titor.2678/page-5#post-46221

kurisu

idk if you read it or not so i'll post it here just to make sure

Technically there could be someone in another world line thats named John Titor who is a time traveler the possibilities are infinite and, what proof do you have that multiple time lines aren't real. You can't prove they do or don't therefor it's a Hoax but, at the same time it's not a Hoax problem solved

Sean

Peregrini, one point that I want to make, and I'm sure that you will also agree. Even though John Titor was a time traveler, I'm sure that his brain isn't scrambled since he can still transfer information through the web. Now onto the point that I want to make: Traveler is spelled with a -er and not -or. I'm sure if the name is actually a acronym, it would be John Titer instead of John Titor. Stop creating BS drama when there isn't any. Funny that noone pointed this out. I wonder if you are trying to hid your damaged ego?

Sean

Secondly, John Titor is one single person. In all of his chat messages and comments, his style of writing is the same. If there were multiple people controlling the avatar of John Titor, then it would have been near impossible as noone has the same style of writing.