Debunking Who Perpetrated the John Titor Hoax?

Peregrini

I'm Bored with the same ole Titor story already...again... It's been obsessed about and fantasized over ad nauseam for 10 years now. It was BS in the beginning...It's BS now...It always will be BS. Huh...it seems BS is a time traveler too...like Titor. There is a thread ... I am an expert on John Titor. Feel free to engage me in conversation... Where you can go to worship John Titor if that is your desire. (Apparently there wasn't room to finish the title " if you agree with us but not if you are going to confront us with logic, common sense, or those pesky little fact things". )
That's why I want to start this thread to expound on the idea of "Who" was/were the person or persons that pulled off this hoax? Why has IT survived 10 years? This thread is not intended to debunk the Titor story. That has been done thoroughly over the past ten years, instead lets debunk "who" wrote it but if you want to continue to debunk the story or asinine opinions stated in "other" threads as if they were facts (where you're not allowed to), or this "thread itself" (you ARE allowed to here), feel free. There will be no whining to the admin to stop those mean "believers" from discrediting you here. I and anyone who chooses to post here should be willing to take and respond to if we wish ANY and ALL critique.
That is what it's all about. ( if of course Num7 agrees and allows. He is the boss.)
Let me begin;
I am a self-proclaimed, self-important, unquestionable Expert on the John Titor Saga Hoax. I have done extensive research on this subject (that is I have read the posts) and I have written on it( I will post pictures of this post later). I will submit, for peer review here, my Expert opinion on who I think I know was John Titor.
John Titor was a pseudonym as in John Doe. A very common name John and Titor was representative of his being a 'Ti' me 'T' ravel 'or'. Ignore the fact that it should have been Titer. Pretty ingenious huh? This pseudonym was used by the poster to hide his real identity.
This is what I think I believe was the real person/people behind the Hoax.
It was probably at least one college student, but possibly two, and at most I would say three. Why this number? Because as of this moment his personal identity is still secret. If you know anything about secrets you know that the fewer who know the secret the better chance it will REMAIN a secret. One person could easily keep a secret unless he tells someone. Two people mean there is twice the chance one or both of them could tell someone and three triples that chance and it just gets worse from there. But, making up this Hoax would take considerable talent. So it would be difficult for one person to do it by their self so two would be better. Two heads are better than one. A third would also add to the plot by offering a third person's perspective.
So there you have it. John Titor was one or two and even three people working together as one person. Now, what kind of a person/people was/were he/they. The simplest answer would be for three college students. One a physics major. One a computer science major. The last a sociology major. Why these three you may ask? The physics major would know how to make up physics stuff and the computer science major would know about the IBM 5100 and Unix 2038 problem. The sociology major would be able to better react to the readers replies to the Hoax-posters posts because sociology majors study society and how people would react to such a fantastic premise.
To summarize;
John Titor may have actually been several people posting an incredible "story" about a Time Traveler from the future who went back in time to fix a problem in the future and while doing so makes a stop in the present (what was the present at the time) to "chat" with the locals, meet the beautiful girl, and warn them that their wicked ways would cause a Civil War soon. That prediction, as with every thing else he said, didn't come to pass (so far) but that non-event was covered by the oh so convenient multiple Time Line/ Universe theory (as if infinity wasn't big enough now we have to consider infinite infinities). What things he said that the Titor followers claim have occurred are weak connections at best and with a lower confidence than even chance would account for. What makes this Titor "story" significant is they used a new form of comunication, the Internet, to carry out their story in real life and not in the form of a book or movie as had been done before. That it is presented as Fact and is (or I should say was at the time) rather well done compared to all the other TT claimers out there it is not at the level of its predecessors.
Back to the Future Trilogy- well written and interwoven.
12 Monkeys- don't you just love it when they wrap around to the beginning
Star Trek 4 The Voyage Home- my favorite of all the Star Trek movies
The Time Machine- by H.G. Wells 1895 the Grand-daddy of them all(special note: notice the year 1895. If you add Titor's unit number 177 to it and then subtract 60 the number of seconds or minutes in "time" you get 2012. Does anyone else find that fact peculiar?)
There are so many more, good and bad alike, that I can't possibly list them here but maybe I will in a future lengthy and informative post.
Suffice it to say, the Titor Hoax is no more than a story. Probably written by a team of writers just like nearly every other TT story/movie out there or perhaps only one. An H.G. Wells wanna-be. This is my humble expert opinion. Does it contain speculation? Of course it does. Just like ALL the other opinions on other threads do. Please, feel free to speculate your ass off here. Don't worry about those fact things that get in the way. The others don't.
So, who do YOU think he was/is?

titorite

if you agree with us but not if you are going to confront us with logic, common sense, or those pesky little fact things

Well aren't you a narrow minded sweet tart.

I can say this much, Hoax hunters of youtube got it wrong.

Darb thinks it was boomer but he won't release his proof because he has some kind of moderator honor... but that sense of honor does not impede him from doing all sorts of other nasty privacy invading things... So I am left to believe that he does not really have the goods on boomer but rather he has his faith that it is.

I missed this... I had to go over it once I gave it a second glance

But, making up this Hoax would take considerable talent. So it would be difficult for one person to do it by their self so two would be better. Two heads are better than one. A third would also add to the plot by offering a third person's perspective.

So there you have it. John Titor was one or two and even three people working together as one person

There you have it based on what? Your faith? I mean you just came to the conclusion that it was two or maybe three people based on????? And step 3 equals profit.

Well then you should remember the Attorney as secret keeper 4 or 5 and art bell as secret keeper 6 or 7...Ahhh those old fax machines... If someone had been more inclined they could of got those old fax machines and matched up the receiving time to the fax to the incoming call. BOOM trace done over.

Peregrini

Well aren't you a narrow minded sweet tart.
It is not I that is narrow minded. The extended title goes with the I am an Expert on John Titor. Feel free to engage me in conversation..."if you agree with us but not if you are going to confront us with logic, common sense, or those pesky little fact things." I have not and will not ask the admin to stop anyone from posting their opinions on this thread even when they are contrary to mine. Unlike the above mentioned thread.
There you have it based on what? Your faith? I mean you just came to the conclusion that it was two or maybe three people based on?????
My opinion, as was stated, is based entirely on speculation and subjective discerning of the facts. Just like the majority of the opinions and "statements of fact" that are posted on pro-Titor threads. No one (as yet) has claimed to be standing right there so speculation IS all that IS available.
Well then you should remember the Attorney as secret keeper 4 or 5 and art bell as secret keeper 6 or 7...
I said "it just gets worse from there"...that is after three which would include 4or5 ...and 6or7. (Although, I don't recall that he told either the Lawyer or Art Bell his real identity. But even if he did, if he was only one person, they would then be two and three and it's still a little bit OK.)

Ahhh those old fax machines... If someone had been more inclined they could of got those old fax machines and matched up the receiving time to the fax to the incoming call. BOOM trace done over.
That's an interesting idea. Perhaps you should check and see if there are any 10+ year old telephone records from the studio and compare the time and numbers to the fax line yourself. (Though I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at there.)

When blinded by obsession sometimes it is difficult to see the humor in the truth.

titorite

It is not I that is narrow minded. The extended title goes with the I am an Expert on John Titor. Feel free to engage me in conversation..."if you agree with us but not if you are going to confront us with logic, common sense, or those pesky little fact things." I have not and will not ask the admin to stop anyone from posting their opinions on this thread even when they are contrary to mine. Unlike the above mentioned thread.

No, no , no.... That extra extended BS about "not if your going to confront us with yada yada yada" is just snidely jabs, and your pride in not running to the admins about opinions contrary has little to do with trollish fuckers like serb who claim to be every single person who ever spoke to john titor and spam the hell out your thread with pointless vids.

Samstwitch

No, no , no.... That extra extended BS about "not if your going to confront us with yada yada yada" is just snidely jabs, and your pride in not running to the admins about opinions contrary has little to do with trollish fuckers like serb who claim to be every single person who ever spoke to john titor and spam the hell out your thread with pointless vids.

Agree for sure!!!

Peregrini

http://paranormalis.com/threads/debunking-i-am-an-expert-on-john-titor.3008/#post-46884
Harte said:
Your stated beliefs regarding this transparent hoax tells us all we need to know about your capabilities in the area of physics. Titor's claimed method of time travel is completely impossible on the face of it.
Myself and several others have explained exactly why right here on this site in the past.
Harte
There's been 10 years of ABUSE on Titor believers, so why don't you take a HIKE and post on another thread.
Samstwitch, Oct 30, 2011
A poster, Member Since: Oct 29, 2011, tells another poster, Member Since: Mar 24, 2005, to take a HIKE. That was perhaps the MOST telling aspect of how the "Experts" wanted to run their thread.
Basically, no one has "debunked" the BS on the Expert thread since October 31st. Serb is YOUR problem. I only offer a place for people who want to consider who Titor "really" was because some of us KNOW he wasn't a TT'er. If we try to state that fact on the expert thread we will be horse whipped, hanged, and drawn and quartered by the fanatics. So yes, non-believers were chased off the expert thread. Now if anyone wants to there is another place to discuss the HOAX of John Titor.
Your comments are welcome and will be whether your pro or con.

titorite

You do understand that I am not Samstwitch right? Because you quote me here in this thread but her in that one. Are you confusing us as being one and the same? Also , since a "debunking the expert" thread already existed why not continue your diatribe about there?

And what sort of investigation into the validity of Titor have you done aside from speculation? I mean have you asked anyone at the CERN institute anything? Ever write to Hawkings of Cambridge? Ever track down the team members of IBM project mercury and ask them anything? Have you made any kind inquiries or have you just read the posts and scoffed in abject disbelief based on your faith rather than your hard facts?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I only offer a place for people who want to consider who Titor "really" was because some of us KNOW he wasn't a TT'er.
Peregrini, thanks for making this point clear to everyone as I didn't have time to post in here for a little while and say it myself. There was no real Titor Hoax topic until now and I agree it's a path that should be explored. If you don't agree with the direction this thread is heading to, you won't be forced to step inside.

If you are to explore all possibilities, you may (perhaps you will) have to get out of your comfort zone and take a look at the dark side of things. This topic isn't an attempt at making fun of Titor enthusiasts. It's an opportunity to look at the Titor Saga from another point of view. Yes, it may sound like a debunking topic.

As requested, I won't move posts out of this topic, unless they go beyond what is accepted around here.

Peregrini

Thank you Numenorean7 for allowing this thread to go forward. I'll behave.:D

You do understand that I am not Samstwitch right? Because you quote me here in this thread but her in that one. Are you confusing us as being one and the same? Also , since a "debunking the expert" thread already existed why not continue your diatribe about there?

Yes, I do understand. I quote and respond to you telling me "what I meant" when I posted the addition to the original title that insinuates only those that agree with the experts need reply. My response was to refer to the original post telling those of us who disagree with the experts to "take a hike". The post is quoted and properly credited to the poster as well as where it can be seen. I thought that would be clear but thank you for pointing out I needed to make it more clear.
As I stated in the beginning I am not starting a debunking thread per se but I wish to open a place to discuss Titors origin which would have to have some debunking as a matter of course.
As far as contacting CERN, do you seriously believe anyone there would take my call to discus John Titor? I don't.
As for contacting anyone else involved, may I ask the same of you? I have valid reasons for believing TT is NOT possible, therefore it follows that Titor CAN NOT be a TT'er. So, this thread is to discuss who he was.You may want to know what my reasons are so I will offer one for now. If anyone can tell me how they would un-fry an egg, what all would be involved with it and how to accomplish it, I WOULD believe they have a chance at TT. You may scoff at that but physically that is what TT would involve. Entropy points in only one direction.

titorite

As far as contacting CERN, do you seriously believe anyone there would take my call to discus John Titor? I don't.

WHAT!>!?! Well come on then? What kind of an expert is that. pehshaw As for your next question:

As for contacting anyone else involved, may I ask the same of you?

Absolutely! If you're gonna look into shit like this you can't be afraid of writing folks or calling folks.... The worst that can happen is you get ignored. No biggie. The CERN folks are nice but it helps to write specific folks for which you would use the net to narrow the search. The IBM team were mostly nice... a few ignored me and I let my trail die with that for my own reasons. Hawking was strange... IF you wanna pursue the hoax angle I would look at hawking and son. Hawking did change his mind about his theorys regarding black holes... exactly as Titor said he would...so if it is a hoax that should be an indicator to any investigator to take a closer look at Hawking and son.

I have valid reasons for believing TT is NOT possible, therefore it follows that Titor CAN NOT be a TT'er.

valid reasons? LIke what? The same agnostic arguments that can be applied to god can be applied to Titor. And with Opera confriming CERNS neterino faster than light results...Well , it calls some things into question. YOu say you have valid reasons??? Care to share how valid they are?

So, this thread is to discuss who he was.

Just some person online. BE all end all just some dude online. For his own reasons. TIMETRAVEL! imo.. In your opinion I know he be a hoaxer. For me the rational side says proof. Empirical proof as best as can be managed.

You may want to know what my reasons are so I will offer one for now. If anyone can tell me how they would un-fry an egg, what all would be involved with it and how to accomplish it, I WOULD believe they have a chance at TT. You may scoff at that but physically that is what TT would involve. Entropy points in only one direction.

A black hole is not just entropy and your "reasons" are vague forms of questions. Singularities do emit x-ray... just as entropy consumes it also gives. Nothing is stagnate. Nothing is lost. Everything is just a transformation of one state into another state.