Why did Titor say 'go north'?

FreakOut

One piece of advice that sticks out in my mind was when John Titor said 'go north'. Any ideas why? What might happen in the south?

StarLord

Most probably, the phrase "Go West Young Man" had already been used and it might look like he was repeating himself.

Phoenix

Originally posted by FreakOut@Jul 23 2004, 02:43 PM
One piece of advice that sticks out in my mind was when John Titor said 'go north'. Any ideas why? What might happen in the south?
Do you have the exact quote and context?

StarLord

My bet is the upper states and Canada because in Titors story and his own time line the lower states take alot of damage possibly.

Phoenix

G? : well, it's been interesting talking to you John, but it's way past my bedtime...
Yareisa : what...I've been up 24 hours!
TimeTravel_0 : Sleep well.
TimeTravel_0 : Youve been very polite.
G? : look me up when you get back to 2036 will you?
TimeTravel_0 : I will try.
G? : if i'm still here
TimeTravel_0 : Go north.
TimeTravel_0 : Invest in hydrogen fuel cells

Well here is Johns response to question about safety and the map of county elections that John refers to.
Are some areas of the United States safer than others?

Take a close look at the county-by-county voting map from the last
elections.
I don't see that much of a difference between north and south on this map.

Judge Bean

The question is, which side is the rebel side? If the government is associated with the right wing, and the rebels with the left, you have the strange situation (in terms of the Titor prehistory) of the cities being strongholds of the left wing. For instance, San Francisco's majority of voting residents would have to vacate the city to fulfill Titor's prophecies, rendering any map showing voting affiliation meaningless. The rural areas, supposed by Titor to be those occupied by the rebels, are in the majority right wing, or supporters of the government.

The only way to satisfy the Titor scenario of haves/have-nots, rural vs. urban, is to have a sudden and monumental shift of political loyalties from what is now considered "conservative," and pro-government, to "leftist," or revolutionary. As recently as six months ago, I would have thought such a thing next to impossible. Now I'm not so sure; I have my ear to the floor of the great central valley, and I hear the common people of the country... complaining.

HackimerRob

Anyone have links to the news of the fighting between protesters at the DNC in Boston? I'll edit here if I find anything.
I think the rift widens.

Phoenix

http://www.johntitor.com/JohnsWar.htm
http://www.johntitor.com/Feb2001.htm
02-12-2001 08:54 PM
John talks about a civil war being started between the Democrats and Republicans. Later, this escalates into WW3 and he mentions that it is a good thing for us.

I don't believe I ever said the war was between Democrats and Republicans. If I am incorrect, please point that out. It doesn't exactly escalate as much as it opens the door for other aggression. Yes, I think the war would be good for society and I would be happy to debate that with you.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Phoenix@Jul 27 2004, 03:25 AM
http://www.johntitor.com/JohnsWar.htm
http://www.johntitor.com/Feb2001.htm
02-12-2001 08:54 PM
John talks about a civil war being started between the Democrats and Republicans. Later, this escalates into WW3 and he mentions that it is a good thing for us.

I don't believe I ever said the war was between Democrats and Republicans. If I am incorrect, please point that out. It doesn't exactly escalate as much as it opens the door for other aggression. Yes, I think the war would be good for society and I would be happy to debate that with you.

He is being coy. But the prophecy is clear: the rift between the parties is caused by their increasing animosities, which leave the political life of the nation swamped in a primitive opposition between the wealthy elite and the virtuously poor.