Debate Why do many (but not all) Conservatives hate the environment?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I have one word to describe all that "evidence" supporting global warming you say exists: fake! There is also plenty of evidence to suggest that man-made global warming is a hoax. There is practically no true investigative journalism in America's mainstream media.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Here is one cold hard fact that no one talks about.

"Where is this big greenhouse supposedly surrounding the earth that is causing all this CO2 to heat up?"

But here is the clincher. When sunlight hits CO2, it causes the CO2 to expand. It is a scientific fact that expanding gases will cool off. That is the basic principle behind how air conditioners work. And an air conditioner could be calibrated to operate with CO2 as the main refrigerant gas it is charged up with. So the real truth is CO2 is a refrigerant gas, even though it is being labelled as a greenhouse gas.

So just a little common sense and a scientific background is all you need to see you are being lied to.

Here is another little tidbit which very well may be the motivating factor behind the big global warming hoax.

"Would you be willing to tell a lie just to keep your job?"

Harte

Conservatives don't hate the environment at all. Conservatives hate when the government ruins peoples ability to make a living using iffy information.
I was alive when the EPA was created. Do you know who created it?

Liberals are the ones that hate the environment, in a personal sense.

They don't understand anything about game population and control, are anything but outdoorsmen, and press any environmental issue at any time without even understanding it - basing their opinions on what "feels good."

Harte

Monica Brannan

"Where is this big greenhouse supposedly surrounding the earth that is causing all this CO2 to heat up?"

But here is the clincher. When sunlight hits CO2, it causes the CO2 to expand. It is a scientific fact that expanding gases will cool off. That is the basic principle behind how air conditioners work. And an air conditioner could be calibrated to operate with CO2 as the main refrigerant gas it is charged up with. So the real truth is CO2 is a refrigerant gas, even though it is being labelled as a greenhouse gas.

So just a little common sense and a scientific background is all you need to see you are being lied to.

Here is another little tidbit which very well may be the motivating factor behind the big global warming hoax.

Yeah but can any Trump supporter justify Trump's desire to destroy the Indonesian rain forest for a theme park? Regardless of the existence of Global Warming, having a rain forest is a good thing. If you're wondering I didn't vote for Hillary. Or Donald. I chose not to vote last year.

Harte

I couldn't vote for either candidate myself. But as a conservative, I applaud most of what Trump has tried to do.

The Indonesian rain forest? Total BS.

The government of Indonesia is the proper authority to make decisions on what gets built in Indonesia.
Admittedly, from the point of conservation, they have made poor ones.

However, Trump is a businessman. ALL of Indonesia's rain forests were predicted to be logged out in less than a decade - back in 2006 (source.) The vast majority of the logging is illegal, and the VAST majority of the lumber goes to China.

Trump doesn't have anything to do with that, and whether or not he builds there, the forest is not going to remain "untouched."

IOW, this is another "feel good" issue. It's meaningless and naïve.

Harte

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Harte - We don't (and can't) agree on everything, but I do agree with you on politics for the most part, and the point you just made here sounds pretty darn solid! :)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Yeah but can any Trump supporter justify Trump's desire to destroy the Indonesian rain forest for a theme park? Regardless of the existence of Global Warming, having a rain forest is a good thing. If you're wondering I didn't vote for Hillary. Or Donald. I chose not to vote last year.

I just refuse to believe any story about Trump that is created by the news media. It must be apparent by now to everyone that any political news is just more fake news.

TimeFlipper

@Harte Well spoken Hartey, i would be the first to ask you if you would like to become a politician (y) :D

@TnWatchdog and @Classicalfan626 would be your American assistants for fund raising :cool: :D

and myself would take care of all the advertising for you, i would also contact Mr Nigel Farage for any info that would be of assistance to you..and remember he was the man who persuaded the UK to quit that fascist club the EU...he also helped Trump to win his Presidency too