Debate Why do many (but not all) Conservatives hate the environment?

OakFieldAlienz444

There's a difference between something not being a huge pressing issue for you and "hating" something.
If you're not an activist for a cause it doesn't mean you loathe that cause it just means that isn't
your area it's not your niche. Love and hate are real words that have been used since the beginning of time
as far as I know and have ZERO to do with politics but when all words are politicized nothing means
anything anymore. That's where the real danger lies. You already have people proud of being "deplorable"
for example simply because it was used by the left as a political attack.

Next it will all just be a joke comic book where we decide we're gonna be "good guys" and "bad guys"
and we'll literally dress up in suits and fight each other. We're heading towards that already the
unvaccinated vs vaccinated thing and the debate over the rights of mutants is like something straight out of science fiction.

OakFieldAlienz444

Side note: The first real environmentalist president was Teddy Roosevelt,
a republican. At this point it doesn't really mean much cuz it's not a huge issue for the right and
it's nothing but political nonsense for the left to make money off of,
but this is true.

OakFieldAlienz444

I would say there's ways to impact the environment short term but that long term things tend to even out
as Einstein said. Do birds want to sleep on giant pile of shit covered in garbage and Pepsi cans? No.
But you can take that stuff and put it away.
The bad things that are there can be dealt with. I wouldn't go as far as saying that certain things don't "exist" per se on a certain
level everything "exists" in a way. It's just a hyped up issue that has become ridiculous, also what
about all the stuff they're spraying in the air with planes that can't be good.

Harte

Trees don't really help. When they die, they release almost all the CO2 they captured.
It would take progressively more and more trees over time to act as an ever-increasing CO2 "bank" if we relied on plant life to help.
Eventually, everyone would have to be living in dense forests.

Not that I have a problem with that, it's just that trees don't grow everywhere.

Harte

walt willis

To all of the young dummies: Back in the seventies the left told us we are the cause of a coming ice age!
Back in the nineties the left told us that we were the cause of the next global arctic ice melt!
Now they call it "Climate Change"?
(Chicken Little Lives)!
When will the (GDP) General Dumb Public get it in their head that they are being played?
79211819_2453677914850374_6681460715766677504_o.jpg

OakFieldAlienz444

Why does the left never realize that the Nazis who they hate so much who are supposed to be right wing were literally obsessed with environmental laws
and how Hitler was a vegetarian?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Trees don't really help. When they die, they release almost all the CO2 they captured.
It would take progressively more and more trees over time to act as an ever-increasing CO2 "bank" if we relied on plant life to help.
Eventually, everyone would have to be living in dense forests.

Not that I have a problem with that, it's just that trees don't grow everywhere.

Harte

Which is my point. We chopped them all down....except the desert, of course, and in the ocean.

Harte

Which is my point. We chopped them all down....except the desert, of course, and in the ocean.
Trees die anyway.
Best they can do is bank some CO2 for a time. That won't help reduce CO2 unless we halt the growth in emissions.

We can collect CO2 from the atmosphere like trees do. Much more expensively of course, but much faster too - and we then have the CO2 to do with what we will - like send it to space or whatever. Permanent removal from the carbon cycle.

It could come to that.

Harte

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I must be in a parallel timeline where the scientists didn't discover photosynthesis. The process where plants convert CO2 into carbon and oxygen. And we know for a fact that more CO2 causes a proliferation of increased vegetation. Apparently vegetation uses CO2 as a food source.

Of course nobody talks about the fact that about half the CO2 we release into the atmosphere isn't there when we go to measure for it. Seems someone noticed that forests are taking back the deserts.

If we remove the CO2 from the atmosphere the vegetation will all die. We die too without vegetation.