Why do men like to kill men?

alpha centauri

I would see that as an incorrect statement as it is a logical fallacy.

How would you ever prove that?

A negative like that cannot be proven to be true.

You would have to know of every instance of every attempt at world domination and who was involved.

Regards
DL
I meant it as a generalization. I try to explain it with an example:
You can say men are rapists. Or you can say men are not rapists. It make a difference in the effect you get. Some people will hate men, if you say men are rapists.

The majority of men are not rapist. That is a fact. But there are men that rape. That is also a fact.
So the sentence men are not rapist would be more correct than men are rapist.

So no matter if Jews are involved or not. The sentence Jews are not part of world domination would be more correct.

Of course there can be Jews that are involved.

TexDanm

Humans, especially males are relentless killers in nature. Mankind is slow, hairless, thin-skinned, with no claws, small dull teeth and proportionally weak. The only places where mankind excell are intelligence, ability to run long distances, specialized coordination and being a relentless killer.

We don't just kill to eat or to protect ourselves. We kill instinctively. Our predators killed us to eat. We, in turn, killed them until there were none or very few left. We killed anything that was weak or stupid until it was instinct. There is a reason that of the many types of animals that men are the only one that is only represented by a single species. We killed all the other hominids.

The most important thing that man developed is the fine coordination that allows us to throw things. A chimp or gorilla is much stronger than men but neither can throw a fastball or with any accuracy. Once man developed this they started throwing rocks and sticks. This allowed man to harm and kill without getting so close that they got hurt by their prey or predator. As they improved on this by sharpening those sticks and putting the rocks on the end of sticks they became a truly deadly species.

I suspect that the ability to do the fine coordinated acts like throwing instead of tossing we may have also developed the ability to talk. I suspect that at first what they talked about most was how to kill things. As soon as a little boy gets so he can throw a rock you can bet he is going to throw rocks at living things. They will go bird hunting and kill anything that is smaller than them. They kill ants with magnifying glasses.

We currently live in a time when most people can set aside the need to kill. They don't do this as a group; rather they do it as individuals and the majority let a minority do their killing for them. In order for you to have meat in the grocery store, someone killed that animal for you. Even if you are a vegetarian, the fields that grow your vegetables do it by killing the animals that would have lived there, cutting down the trees, clearing and plowing up their homes.

People that were and are raised on a farm or ranch do your killing but also make it personal as they kill the animals that they care for and raise for their meals. Hunters are not killing to eat. They spend enough money on their hunting to easily feed themselves without the need to kill. they kill because they like it. I hunt, fish and have killed my supper more times than I can count.

The real question and wonder aren't why do men kill men. The amazing thing is that despite our nature people nowadays do it so seldom. Don't kid yourself though mankind IS the king of beasts and the most efficient natural killer that inhabits this planet.

Angelface239

The terrifyingly sad thing is I don't think it's an inherent need to kill anymore. Maybe in the beginning of our species, when we were more animalistic, we had those impulses. A friend of mine is going into the Navy to pay for college, and that's it. If he had another choice, he'd take it. Simply, war is money, money is war. The companies and our government work together for the benefit of the wealth of the top 5%. The lives lost do not matter to them.

Even with Vietnam and the atrocities committed fresh in our memories, we raise little boys with weapons, GI Joes and little green Army men, playing the game of death without the dire consequences. They see the guy who shoots the most as the hero of the story. We tell them not to cry or express emotions that could make them seem vulnerable. It is not a surprise this negativity comes out as anger. It's the guys who end up shooting their classmates in a rampage, not the girls.

We're a society too bent on destruction, capitalism, and 'traditional' values to consider the survival of our children.
Same why murder seems to exist the way it does or why people have hatred amoungust others and each other and people choose not to follow god in their lives.

Gnostic Christian

The real question and wonder aren't why do men kill men. The amazing thing is that despite our nature people nowadays do it so seldom. Don't kid yourself though mankind IS the king of beasts and the most efficient natural killer that inhabits this planet.

A well thought out post. Thanks.

The answer to your question is that individually, we are generally too good to each other.

If we did not have religions and governments fermenting hate for the other tribe, we might not have our 5,000 years of war history behind us.

That polarization is killing the U.S. at the moment.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Same why murder seems to exist the way it does or why people have hatred amoungust others and each other and people choose not to follow god in their lives.

I see that last as a goo think, given that religions are responsible for most of our 5,000 years of war history.

Those genocidal gods are bastards who make the religious just as bastardly.

Look around the world today and see religions still fighting while secular forces are uniting.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Its a part of Human Nature...All wars are to keep populations down..imho.

That used to be true and a good way to get rid of unruly men and boys.

Today, governments like in the U.S. use the diet they push and their lack of decent medical services for all.

It is the only country that I know of where the death age is getting lower.

Regards
DL