Why would aliens come to Earth?

owlcool

I must ask the question,
With the distance aliens would be from Earth, Why would a alien come to earth?
1. It is looking for entertainment.
I refute this by Answering surely a species as advanced as its own has plentiful entertainment.
2. School Trips.
This would mean trips would be commonplace.
I refute this because any evidence of any Deaths would make this a place they would want to stop visiting.
3. Different weather from their planet.
I refute this because there are more planets that are similar to earth but without much life and therefor more private.

In short, there is little reason for Aliens with as high technology as described to visit.
No, not even to watch Jersey Shore.

I am not claiming Aliens don't exist.
I am claiming they wouldn't visit.

Besides, surely such an advanced species can hide cameras well and produce quality virtual reality.

owlcool

I am going to Question our portrayal of Aliens here.
Why would Aliens visit?
Why would Aliens repeatedly visit?
Why would Aliens contact Insignificant Humans?

They have little reason to visit. If it is for resources, there are safer planets with more resources.
Of course, we pointlessly went to the Moon, and that advanced Technology.

But then, they simply wouldn't visit much more, unless they have much greater technology then foreseen and much greater boredom.
But then, why couldn't a species with that advanced technology make a Good Virtual Reality game and solve that Boredom?

What would be the likeliness that the likes of a School trip would show around earth?
I mean, Humans are already hostile, plenty of stories of attacked Aliens.
And a few stories of dead aliens. I would imagine that they would stop after one death, much less the number that is surely present now.

So, Despite me wishing to disprove why Aliens would come here, I have pieced together a Hypothesis to deal that out.

We are living in a Simulation. Perhaps we are little more then NPC's.

And the aliens are playing the Invaders in a highly Advanced Virtual Reality game none of them can truly die in.

This solves most of these issues, so why not test this Hypothesis a bit next time while contacting Aliens?

TnWatchdog

Years ago I had a Sociology teacher who told us he would sit quietly in the lunchroom...observing behavior. Maybe the aliens like to observe the human race in its natural habitat since we are barbaric animals.

TimeFlipper

You were only a puppy at the time Dawg...Maybe mistakenly, he could visualise you in a kennel and not in the lunch room, I heard that aliens do get things mixed up sometimes :D

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I must ask the question,
I refute this by Answering surely a species as advanced as its own has plentiful entertainment.
2. School Trips.
I refute this because any evidence of any Deaths would make this a place they would want to stop visiting.
I refute this because there are more planets that are similar to earth but without much life and therefor more private.

In short, there is little reason for Aliens with as high technology as described to visit.

Besides, surely such an advanced species can hide cameras well and produce quality virtual reality.

Are you for real mate?
School trips and entertainment?

There are a multitude of reasons 'Aliens' would visit here. Think beyond the playground and outside the box

owlcool

I must ask the question,
2. School Trips.

Are you for real mate?
School trips and entertainment?

There are a multitude of reasons 'Aliens' would visit here. Think beyond the playground and outside the box
Technology: They have nearly teleportation for space travel. They don't need to study human technology.
A Cure: With the aforementioned technology its hard to imagine they would need material in specifically this planet.
If they needed humans for such a thing, you would think they would farm humans in similar ways to how we farm pigs.
Culture:
Something you would say yourself would be stupid, as entertainment is not a valid reason.

Why would aliens come to Earth? We need a very valid reason, as Energy is Expensive.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
No, energy is not expensive.

The way we produce energy is expensive. We are slaves to the system and energy, fossil fuels, oil, petrol are at the heart of that system. We already know that Hydrogen can be produced again and again at no cost from a fish tank of water and yet our corporations are trying to find a way to charge us for it.

Ask yourself who's agenda is this? Is it human greed or maybe Alien control - Now your thinking outside the box!

owlcool

No, energy is not expensive.

The way we produce energy is expensive. We are slaves to the system and energy, fossil fuels, oil, petrol are at the heart of that system. We already know that Hydrogen can be produced again and again at no cost from a fish tank of water and yet our corporations are trying to find a way to charge us for it.

Ask yourself who's agenda is this? Is it human greed or maybe Alien control - Now your thinking outside the box!
Energy takes either more energy or labor to attain.
It is expensive.

That kind of thinking is thinking inside the Nutcase.