Why would aliens come to Earth?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Renamed this thread with a more specific title.

Great topic by the way.

Theoretically, aliens have to be more evolved than us to be able to travel long distances and come here. Peaceful aliens wouldn't come for our technology, or for our intelligence, as they're all more evolved than us. They might interfere to help us maybe. Prevent us from destroying ourselves.

Evil aliens might want to conquer the Earth and harvest its resources. That's one reason I can think of.

There are all those theories about aliens controlling the elites and therefore, everyone on Earth in secret. Let's face it, it's not that likely. If they want something, why not take it right away, instead of playing with puppets?

TimeFlipper

Im wondering if any member saw that entertaining movie called, The Thrill Seekers which was originally titled, the time shifters?
The story is about a reporter that discovers time travellers are visiting us from the future to look at certain disasters on earth, as part of an "educational trip"

The movie was made in 1999 and its always stuck in my mind as being a different way to look at why time-travellers may want to keep on visiting us :)

The time travellers were from this earth..

Poison Pen

I must ask the question,
With the distance aliens would be from Earth, Why would a alien come to earth?
1. It is looking for entertainment.
I refute this by Answering surely a species as advanced as its own has plentiful entertainment.
2. School Trips.
This would mean trips would be commonplace.
I refute this because any evidence of any Deaths would make this a place they would want to stop visiting.
3. Different weather from their planet.
I refute this because there are more planets that are similar to earth but without much life and therefor more private.

In short, there is little reason for Aliens with as high technology as described to visit.
No, not even to watch Jersey Shore.

I am not claiming Aliens don't exist.
I am claiming they wouldn't visit.

Besides, surely such an advanced species can hide cameras well and produce quality virtual reality.

I believe the OP should look further into this.

I refute this by Answering surely a species as advanced as its own has plentiful entertainment.

This is speculation. How do we know what they are looking for? Have they e-mailed an agenda to anyone?

2. School Trips.
I refute this because any evidence of any Deaths would make this a place they would want to stop visiting.

Dude, seriously? Did you think this thing through before you posted this stuff?

I refute this because there are more planets that are similar to earth but without much life and therefor more private.

Simply saying you refute something is not enough. Refute it and then proceed to post your evidence as to why you refute it. To me your argument is not convincing at all.

owlcool

I must ask the question,
2. School Trips.

In short, there is little reason for Aliens with as high technology as described to visit.

Besides, surely such an advanced species can hide cameras well and produce quality virtual reality.

This is speculation. How do we know what they are looking for? Have they e-mailed an agenda to anyone?

2. School Trips.

Simply saying you refute something is not enough. Refute it and then proceed to post your evidence as to why you refute it. To me your argument is not convincing at all.
My evidence is Human Logic.
You can refute the existence of a Jersey Devil if 100% of the sightings are in places very far away from water, for example. This shows why the Animal can't exist, it needs water, and it explains the Sightings, Dehydration Hallucinations,
Magic isn't a thing, so I don't factor that in.

Anyways, if you really need an example of such a planet, you plain haven't kept up with the times.
Kepler-186f.
It was discovered last year, so you haven't been up to date at all.

Poison Pen

I must ask the question,
2. School Trips.

2. School Trips.

You can refute the existence of a Jersey Devil if 100% of the sightings are in places very far away from water, for example. This shows why the Animal can't exist, it needs water, and it explains the Sightings, Dehydration Hallucinations,

Anyways, if you really need an example of such a planet, you plain haven't kept up with the times.
Kepler-186f.

Believe as you will.

owlcool

Kepler-186f.

Believe as you will.
Thou that shall equate belief with logic shall only be revered by the believers, never the ones of logic.
-The Enscription of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Apicryphos 8:1.

Poison Pen

Kepler-186f.

Believe as you will.
Thou that shall equate belief with logic shall only be revered by the believers, never the ones of logic.
-The Enscription of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Apicryphos 8:1.

Flying Spaghetti Monster? I was pretty much taking you serious until this. Now not.

owlcool