Will 2012 Elections be the catalyst of a Civil War in the U.S. that John Titor warned us about?

Samstwitch

If Barack Obama wins a 2nd term as President at the 2012 Elections, will that be the catalyst of a Civil War in the U.S. that John Titor warned us about? Personally, I believe there will be civil unrest if he wins the election, and I officially predicted this a few weeks ago on a thread on Paranormalis (can't remember which thread though).

Today's Headline - August 22, 2012 - Click on the GREEN link below to see the Video!:

Texas judge warns of possible ‘civil war’ if President Obama is re-elected

What is it about election years?

As if the negative political ads aren't enough, now a county judge in Lubbock, Texas, predicts possible "civil war" if President Obama is re-elected.

Judge Tom Head was on a local TV news show making his case for a tax increase, when he said hiring extra sheriff's deputies would especially be needed if Obama wins in November.
From Lubbock's Fox 34 News:

"He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?," Head asked.
"I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.
"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'.
"And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."

Sheriff Kelly Rowe told a Lubbock newspaper reporter he has never discussed any of the scenarios with the judge.

On Wednesday, Judge Head explained his remarks in a video interview with the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. He said his original comments were taken out of context. But as the county's emergency management director, he said he has to keep a "worst case scenario" in mind if Obama returns to the White House and Democrats control the Senate.

"I have some opinions what they're doing and what they're trying to do if they stay in power," he said. "And I have to prepare for that."

TnWatchdog

I can't believe I am posting about a political thing...I don't want to get into any debate...this is just my opinion...I am not a political type of guy...so back off. I feel the 2012 elections will go much the same as the last go around. The blue states will remain blue and the red will remain red as they were in 2008. Romney will get the Southern vote since they mostly go Republican, except for NC. Even though the Republicans have two Northerners on their ticket, the South has no choice and will feel screwed at the polls. The Republican VP position should have been a candidate from either FL or TX. ( You can fill in the names I am thinking of) Romney may get the popular vote but Obama will get the electorial vote, since his blue states have the most population. All he needs to do is manipulate a swing state and he is in...again. He will find a way to win and that may piss us all off. The South may rise again along with the North...now that would be interesting.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Just remember who Obama bailed out with that additional trillion dollar debt he created for all of us. Not Americans, nope, he bailed out the banks. Has the economy recovered? Nope. I think the next presidential choice should be a slam dunk for Romney. So that's the timeline I'll be on. And all you Obama wishers can wish your way onto Obama's timeline. Good luck.

Titortastic

Not for nothing but were pretty much damned either way. The ONLY good thing i see about Romney is his repealing of the affordable care act, but other than that i dont see a good scenario for either canidate. If i'm right about my scenario of the NWO it wont matter who is in office, we've seen what happens when presidents go against whats expected of them; ask Allen Dulles what he thought about John F. Kennedy. I think the next civil war will occur when the people finally realize the government and hotheads that run America dont have their best interest at heart. Especially when it comes to cancer. Laetrile (Amagdylin) is already making its way mainstream with pretty harsh roadblocks but with the advent of youtube and other sites people are able to connect and research like never before. Not to even mention the Doctors who invented cheap alternatives already. If it were collectively known and considered safe and easy treatment or EVEN CURE for cancer, people have to upset that they've wasted so much money, time, their immune system and their lives and lives of their family when the treatment was right under their noses. Meanwhile the FDA (killing off hundreds of americans everyday with subpar drugs: LD 50) Banning the every aspect of alternative medicine will cause such an uproar i believe when it becomes mainstream.

Other reasons for civil unrest: The American nation actually asking and putting forth effort to question the governments motive to make endless wars with the Middle East. One day the American people will wake up and realise its not oil, its not weapons of mass destruction, its not even primarily money. In the Gadaffi situation it was money, they didnt want to use gold as a means to trade for oil or any other commodity. So boom, make him an enemy of the states and put guns in the hands of radicals and cia to make it look like the people hated him.

The government is lazy now because they know they can get away with pretty much anything. Take James Holmes for example. How does "The worst shooting in American History" get so little coverage? How do they expect to shut down eye witness testimony of their being two (or more) shooters? My opinion of this case is that James Holmes was a MkUltra victim or worse and an operation got carried out by the government to kill two birds with one case. His father was working on spoiling the biggest financial scandel to date in history. He wasn't just a "computer software manager" He created an algorithm that traces money back to its source. And his son...just so happens to be a Neuroscience major. What do not know about his studies and what he has accomplished.

So i say itll take a little more than just the coronation of a new patsy. But the time is near. Bottem line....John Titor was right :)

JTFriend

Well certainly I would hope Texas would take up arms. I'm sorry to say that yet not really. I just can't see it happening though; the Texas are quite comfortable in a lot of ways. I will have to follow up on this story.

Samstwitch

WHAT IF the Superstorm scheduled to hit the East Coast in a few hours devastates the land so bad that Obama calls of the Elections??? If the storm hits hard, could it possibly WIPE OUT the Election Data or Election Voting Machines for those states? Or devastate the land so bad that folks won't be able to vote?

That might be a reason for Obama to POSTPONE the Elections, saying it's a State of Emergency, but it would be his opportunity for a POWER GRAB to stay in office! Time will tell!

Samstwitch

HERE IT IS! BREAKING NEWS HEADLINE!

Hurricane Sandy: Could it change the outcome of the presidential race?

Hurricane Sandy has scrambled the last week of the presidential race, upsetting campaign schedules, putting both President Obama and Mitt Romney off-message, and raising doubts about Election Day. In a race this close, Sandy could change or at least postpone the results.

Obama Superstorm Elections.jpg

Hurricane Sandy has scrambled the last week of the presidential race, upsetting campaign schedules, putting both President Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney off-message, and raising doubts about Election Day and how early voting is going.

It’s not out of the question that the hurricane – a massive and unusual storm event forecast to rip into the Atlantic coast from the Del-Mar-Va peninsula to New England before barreling west across New York State and Pennsylvania en route to the all-important swing state of Ohio – could directly affect the outcome, changing or at least postponing the results.

Maryland already has canceled early voting Monday, per Gov. Martin O’Malley’s order Sunday. Faced with power outages that could last several days, the Virginia state elections board is planning for extended early voting hours.

Both candidates have had to adjust their last-minute campaign travel plans.

Obama canceled campaign stops Monday in Virginia and Tuesday in Colorado to monitor the storm but planned to go forward with other events Monday in Florida and Ohio, with former president Bill Clinton at his side, AP reports. Romney cut three stops in Virginia on Sunday, opting instead to campaign with running mate Paul Ryan in Ohio before heading Monday to Wisconsin, where the former Massachusetts governor has chipped away at Obama’s lead.

TV ads can have more impact than cheerleading events with the faithful; they’ll continue as long as there’s electrical power. Both sides are flush with cash in this billion-dollar campaign.

But an “October surprise” like this – particularly in a very close race where the challenger has been gaining on the incumbent – has the potential to do more damage to Obama then to Romney.

All the GOP candidate has to do is avoid the appearance that he’s taking political advantage of a potential tragedy – something he failed to do during the early hours of the terrorist attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

But if things go wrong with the federal response to Sandy, Obama will be blamed. And the Obama camp in particular is counting on early voters and get-out-the-vote efforts come Election Day.

"Obviously we want unfettered access to the polls because we believe that the more people that come out, the better we'll do," top Obama adviser David Axelrod said on CNN Sunday. "And so, to the extent that it makes it harder, that's a source of concern."

"I hope that it all clears out and by the next weekend, we'll be free of it,” Axelrod added

Political scientists believe natural disasters can hurt an incumbent's reelection chances as voters often blame whoever is in office for adversity, Reuters reports.

“Larry Bartels of Vanderbilt University and Christopher Achen of Princeton University examined rainfall data back to 1896 and found that extreme droughts or floods cost the incumbent party office holders an average of 1.5 percentage points of the vote total,” Reuters reported Sunday. “Severe drought and excessive rainfall probably cost then Vice President Al Gore victories in seven states in the 2000 election, enough to hand the contest to Republican George W. Bush, they found.”

Five years later, President Bush's approval ratings plummeted after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, and voters could similarly blame Obama if the government fumbles its response to this storm. A fraction of a percentage point here are there, as Bartels and Achen reported, could swing a state’s popular vote enough to change the results in the all-important Electoral College.

As all eyes were on Sandy, new poll data confirmed the closeness of the race.

“The race for the White House continues to be too close to call in Ohio, according to a new Enquirer/Ohio News Organization Poll that shows President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney each with 49 percent support from likely voters,” the Cincinnati Enquirer reported Sunday. “That’s a slip for the president, who took 51 percent of likely voters in the newspaper group’s September poll.”

Said Eric Rademacher, co-director of the University of Cincinnati’s Institute for Policy Research, which conducted the poll: “Absent any more twists and turns, a remarkable presidential campaign may end with the campaign that executes the best ‘ground game’ narrowly delivering Ohio for the next president of the United States.”

Samstwitch

Five places where Hurricane Sandy could affect the election

October 29, 2012 - We’re still waiting for the full impact of Hurricane Sandy. But we’ve got at least a sense for what lies ahead in the next hours and days. The National Weather Service has issued a series of warnings up and down the East Coast.

Below, we take a geographical look at the five most politically important areas in the path of the storm:

1. Philadelphia: This is where Democrats win elections in Pennsylvania, and it’s smack-dab in the middle of where the hurricane is supposed to make landfall. There is currently a flood warning in place for Philadelphia. The question is whether whatever happens over the next week hurts turnout in this vital area of the state. There is no early voting, so Democrats won’t be losing votes before Election Day, but they’ll need this area to come out strong on Nov. 6. If it doesn’t, that could give Republicans a better chance in a blue-leaning state (and a huge electoral vote prize).

2. Boston: This is where Romney’s campaign headquarters is, while Obama’s HQ appears safe in Chicago. If power goes out on Romney HQ, how can it run a real campaign? (No word from Romney camp on any backup plans/whether they have backup power in place.)

3. Southwest Virginia: The most conservative part of this very important swing state appears primed for a sizable snowstorm. Losing power is one thing, but not being able to get to the polls s another. There are winter storm warnings in place for significant portions of southwest Virginia and blizzard warnings in place in a couple counties (along with more blizzard warnings right across the border in West Virginia). Some counties in very conservative western North Carolina are also under a winter storm warning, which could lower early vote turnout there.

4. Western and coastal North Carolina: While western North Carolina faces a potential snowstorm, two counties in coastal North Carolina shut down their early voting operations on Monday with the hurricane approaching. If the storm hits hard enough in the western and eastern parts of the state and leaves the more urban middle parts of the state alone (Raleigh and Charlotte, for instance, are only under wind advisories), that probably hurts Republicans more. And the impact will be immediate, with in-person early voting in full swing. (In-person early voting doesn’t exist in New Hampshire and isn’t as big a deal in Virginia, where it requires voters to have a valid excuse. About the only other state where a big early voting shutdown could occur is Ohio.)

5. Northern and eastern Ohio: Ohio is expected to feel the hurricane. At this point, northern and eastern Ohio are under high wind warnings, but more conservative western Ohio and southern Ohio are not. The vast majority of the counties Obama won in Ohio in 2008 were in northern and eastern Ohio, while he lost most of the territory to the south and west. It seems apparent this the storm could affect more Obama voters than Romney voters in Ohio. And again, early voting is in full swing here, so every day matters.

Samstwitch

JOHN TITOR: "When the civil conflict got worse, people generally decided to either stay in the cities and lose most of their civil rights under the guise of security, or leave the cities for more isolated and rural areas. The conflict consumed everyone in the U.S. by 2012 and ended with a very short World War III."