Will 2012 Elections be the catalyst of a Civil War in the U.S. that John Titor warned us about?

TimeNot_0

And of course no Governors or those State or State Legistrators have started anything yet, just some people, and there may be some people signing multiple petitions (where they do not live). And of course talk that they would have to have a Passport to enter into the rest of the USA, and should give up their citizenship of the USA. And whatever else other people are bringing up.

JTFriend

And of course no Governors or those State or State Legistrators have started anything yet, just some people, and there may be some people signing multiple petitions (where they do not live). And of course talk that they would have to have a Passport to enter into the rest of the USA, and should give up their citizenship of the USA. And whatever else other people are bringing up.

Yes this is a major national story and I think up to something like 40 states have petitions going:
Residents In More Than 40 States File Secession Petitions, GOP Governors Say No

TimeNot_0

Yes this is a major national story and I think up to something like 40 states have petitions going:
Residents In More Than 40 States File Secession Petitions, GOP Governors Say No

And according to the guest on Coast To Coast AM radio show last night (coasttocoastam.com) where he can be looked up, it may not be quite true like Perry states that when Texas came into being a State (1847 according to him on the show last night (Drew someone) last night) that they had the stipulation that they could leave anytime they wanted to and dissolve being a part of the USA when they were their own Country - now the 15th largest economy in the world and their own Lone Star Republic before becoming a State back when, but then he may have stated that he have to do more research into that to actually know for sure. I do not know, that is for sure.

Too many people hurting in this economy and certainly I am dreading this myself. I also saw where Wal-mart raised a price on something that was $70 just a couple of weeks ago to $78. some cents maybe towards almost $79 for the same item and it has me wondering why? (Raising prices for supposed Christmas shopping that ain't suppose to be no more - other Holidays because of other religions also near that time) and other politically correct leanings that has the 94% or whatever it is of the Christians in this Nation wondering all about this politically correct stuff that is to them suppose to be the norm in the future. Ah, all I hear is that this is a Christian Nation and the majority overrules these other religions and although they can celebrate their own Holiday and all of that - this Nation is still with the majority a Christian Nation and that is that.

Octavusprime

I say get rid of the electoral election process. It is old and out dated. We have the technology to count every vote in a fast and fairly safe manner.

Half the republicans I talk to don't vote because they say it doesnt matter here in California. As much as it pisses me off that they feel so beaten and fail to mobilize and get active, I understand their frustration.

If we went to a popular vote people would get engage and feel empowered to change the country.

Just my two worthless cents.

JTFriend

This know-it-all pundit Bob Cesca breaks it down for us:
Bob Cesca: The Reality of Secession and Unicorns

The New Confederates can look forward to 3rd world status according to Bob................

Unless these states were able to muster an army of disloyal soldiers and militia and fired upon military bases loyal to the United States, it's doubtful that a modern secession movement would result in another civil war. But if it did, the U.S. military of 2012 clearly possesses capabilities and manpower far beyond anything imaged in 1861 and would summarily wipe out an army of rag-tags, even if they did manage to seize a couple of bases and persuade a few commanders to join the cause. If it escalated into war, the bloodshed would be unspeakable. The late Civil War historian Shelby Foote once observed that the most brutal fistfights he'd ever seen were between two brothers.
However, with a modern economy, there would be no need for President Obama to order the military to retake the seceding states by force. Again, we're talking about pure fantasy here, but if the president took seriously the various Ordinances of Secession and the subsequent formation of an anti-federalist confederation of sovereign states, my strong hunch is that the president would merely starve out the states until they simply gave up.