Will America have a dictator?

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
If you've been following the news lately, the election is still a hot topic. With all of the allegations of voter fraud and what not. All this does is show how divided our country is, and I'm not talking about the whole "Divided America" show you might see on television, I'm talking about a serious political divide that hasn't been seen since the Civil War. So, will America have a dictator? I think there's a real chance. The stock market has been in a bull market for (correct me if I'm wrong) over 3,000 days. It's the longest bull market in U.S. history. And it's inevitable that the stock market will correct itself eventually, and if the political divide continues, especially with the democrats taking the house, everyone is going to be pointing fingers. And this, is how every dictator in history has rose to power. They've taken advantage of the political climate due to something like economic hardships, and with the promise of being able to fix everything, rises to power. Hitler did it, Mussolini did it, Lenin did it, any dictator you can think of did that exact thing. We are already seeing this happen, with radical people being elected to congress and other government positions.

This isn't one of my random rants, and don't think that this is just me coming back for 5 seconds to give some radical idea, this is simply something that I think could very easily happen.

Kairos

I think the military will eventually take over when the democracy shit show runs its course. Hopefully we will go back to rule by the warrior class, Heinlein style.

titorite

Thats literally how our system works. We have a rotating dictatorship. A chance at a new overlord every four years. It doesnt matter what they system was supposed to be like, from the moment of shays rebellion the office of president has been that of dictator the only difference between us and other dictatorships is the fact that our dictators pass the job off to the next guy quicker than most.

Kairos

No. The problem is that, in a popular vote, where 90+ percent of the population never served in the military, you get a total shit show where they keep voting for bread and circus for themselves (gibs) and sending the warrior caste off to endless wars overseas. Eventually it collapses in on itself and the military takes over (last time was feudalism). I suspect the next time, "enfranchisement" will be open to most people -- by enlisting and serving. Government not run by warriors is unnatural in my opinion, and is the chief cause of civilizational collapse as a result of democracy (probably the worst form of government short of Marxism).

Really, what I suggest is how this country was supposed to be run in the first place. Enfranchisement was limited to land-owning men. "Land-owning men" was another way of saying "the militia".

titorite

The problem with that conclusion is that the popular vote has nothing to do with the election of presidents or where they choose to send the military.

Kairos

The problem with that conclusion is that the popular vote has nothing to do with the election of presidents or where they choose to send the military.

Yes, it does. The politicians we get are a product of supply and demand on a political marketplace. The electorate creates demand for them. About 90% of the electorate does fuck all for defense of this nation. This twenty-year war means jack shit to about 90% of the people. They will publicly say they want it ended, pretending like they care, but they obviously don't care. Their priorities are things like taxes, gibs, jobs, etc. But at the level of a sovereign, the most important issue is always war. That issue is a matter of life and death for the nation. Yet because the vast majority of the electorate votes on stupid shit like "does the candidate have a vagina" or "does the candidate support my business goals", none of these politicians really give a damn about what is happening at the level of foreign policy and warfare. The most important issues to our nation's existence have been taken over by a corrupt deep state because the politicians don't want to get overly involved.

Before democracy 2.0 swept the globe in the Enlightenment, sovereignty was held by a single guy (the king). History does not well remember kings who liked to wage wars everywhere but were too cowardly to fight their own wars. Yet that is exactly what we have going on with universal franchise.

We have been in constant war for twenty years. That's unheard of since the medieval period. It's not sustainable. Morale is decimated. People are fleeing the military and some branches are even trying to punish experienced troops for not re-upping.

Kairos

Example: how many of Clinton's vagina voters do you suppose would still vote for her if half or more of them, upon Clinton's victory, would be dragged off to basic, loaded onto a C-5, and deployed to fight Hillary's wars for her?

I am guessing close to 0% of them would still vote for her.

Do you see the problem?

titorite

Example: how many of Clinton's vagina voters do you suppose would still vote for her if half or more of them, upon Clinton's victory, would be dragged off to basic, loaded onto a C-5, and deployed to fight Hillary's wars for her?

I am guessing close to 0% of them would still vote for her.

Do you see the problem?

The problem I see is that the electoral college selects the president. The popular vote is just an opinion poll. And in places where our vote is supposed to matter their is massive voter/election fraud that is never investigated or punished. And even when things are all on the up and up their is still bullshit.

Take the example of the Federal Income tax. The first time it was passed the supreme court of the day struck it down as unconstitutional. SO the politicians waited for a few years for a few Supreme court justices to die and get replaced then they re-submitted the bill and repassed the federal income tax law where it still stands today despite being struck down as unconstitutional originally.

And the voting of the populas had no say no call, just obey or pay the price. Not unlike the whiskey tax with Shay.

Activism is more powerful than voting. Join the 1st amendment Audit movement. Make a difference in your locality. Film what your public officals do from public spaces,make F.O.I.A. requests for budgets and body cams, get involved and insist upon accountablity and transparency. This helps keep cleaner more honest government and separates the good honest hard work bureaucrats from the tyrants.