Will this be the year of the last olympics?

outspoken

John Titor once said to us,

29 January 2001 12:25
Are the Olympics still being played in the future?
As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be revived in 2040.

I personally think he intentionally gave dates that were a decade behind the real dates because he didnt want WWIII to be stopped. His mission was not to prevent WWIII, but rather to show people what signs to look for, and how to be prepared. I think John was actually saying that 2014 will be the last olympics.

If you think about it, it makes sense. According to Titor in 2015 Russia launches a nuclear attack against the United States. If there was a terrorist attack at the russian olympics, and if it was traced back to the United States, i could definitely see that as a precurser to a war between Russia and the United States.

Unlike the 2004 olympics, there have already been terrorist attacks against Russia. There's supposed to be 6 suicide bombers loose in Russia.

You have to ask yourself a simple question: Why would they cancel the olympics for 30 odd years? The only reason i can think of is if there was such a huge terrorist attack that no one would feel safe at any olympics held anywhere in the world.

In a couple months we'll know if Titor was right, as he's been all along.

Khaos

where the wild things are
I think things were delayed. When he came here, he noticed things in this timeline that changed. Football games that were supposed to be played never happened, books were never published. I think the end of the Olympics were delayed. I don't think the United States is that dumb enough to launch a terrorist attack against Russia. And if they were to do that, I don't think Russia would wait a year to just start going to war with us.

Unless the war starts in 2014, and things become desperate by 2015 and then nukes are exchanged, as a means to an end, yes I can see that.

And in terms of "terrorist attacks" we actually had one a few years ago, at the boston marathon, and the two individuals actually came from Russia, but were operating on their own. Are we at war with Russia regarding that? No.

outspoken

John titor said our world is only 1% different than his own. I doubt he would be wrong by 10 years. You have to ask yourself the question if Titor knew this world was slightly different than why would he give specific events knowing they might not happen in the way he expected? The only logical explanation was he was intentionally giving false information to throw most people off. He didnt fool me.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Just my humble opinion, public flogging welcome, but since he said there was going to be a 2015 status quo change, then yes, this should be the last olympics.

*ducks*

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Just my humble opinion, public flogging welcome, but since he said there was going to be a 2015 status quo change, then yes, this should be the last olympics.

*ducks*

I wont flog you. I just wanted to point out that in order to believe the John Titor story, you pretty much have to accept that he came from another timeline. Just like another city or another universe.

Ayasano

The only logical explanation was he was intentionally giving false information to throw most people off. He didnt fool me.

Well, that or, you know, he was just some crazy guy and not a real time traveller. That's also a logical explanation. We won't know for sure until someone actually invents and demonstrates a working time machine.

outspoken

*ducks*

That's exactly my point. He said WWIII happens in 2015. It doesnt make sense that 2004 would be the last olympics, then 11 years later you have a war. They should be close together, as one event doesnt cause WWIII - according to Titor - but rather a series of events.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I wont flog you. I just wanted to point out that in order to believe the John Titor story, you pretty much have to accept that he came from another timeline. Just like another city or another universe.

I do. I just didn't think he gave a date.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
And in terms of "terrorist attacks" we actually had one a few years ago, at the boston marathon, and the two individuals actually came from Russia, but were operating on their own. Are we at war with Russia regarding that? No.

Russia and Syria go hand in hand. IMHO.