Forum Game Word Game - Lost in Time

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
We had a FOUR number phone number on a old farm party line in the 1950's.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
S&H Green Stamps

Sperry & Hutchinson began offering stamps to U.S. retailers in 1896. The retail organizations that distributed the stamps (primarily supermarkets, gasoline filling stations, and shops) bought the stamps from S&H and gave them as bonuses to shoppers based on the dollar amount of a purchase. The stamps—issued in denominations of one, ten, and fifty points—were perforated with a gummed reverse, and as shoppers accumulated the stamps they moistened the reverse and mounted them in collectors books, which were provided free by S&H. The books contained 24 pages and to fill a page required 50 points, so each book contained 1200 points. Shoppers could then exchange filled books for premiums, including housewares and other items, from the local Green Stamps store or catalog. Each premium was assigned a value expressed by the number of filled stamp books required to obtain that item.

Samstwitch

SamatChalkboardBlueFlagBlessedPeace.jpeg

Prayer in Schools

In 1963 the Supreme Court officially ruled that Bible-reading and prayer was no longer allowed in the classroom, due to a lawsuit filed by founder of American Atheists atheist and activist named, Madalyn Murray O'Hair. She became known as the "most hated woman in America".

In 1995 she was kidnapped and murdered, along with her son Jon Murray and granddaughter Robin Murray O'Hair, by former American Atheist office manager David Roland Waters.

Samstwitch

Princess Telephone Ad.jpg

Princess Telephone

The PRINCESS TELEPHONE by the Bell System was a very popular item back in the 1960's. Girls and women especially wanted a pink Princess Telephone! I loved that original version with the round dial. The dial in the phone lit up too. It looked really cool!

By the time I was on my own and could afford one, they had gone to push button with no more light, and discontinued original version. I still love that phone!

Princess Telephone Pink.jpg

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
My Credit Cards of the late 1960's and 1970's

images

images

Samstwitch

Girl with Hair rollers.jpg

Wire Spring Hair rollers.jpg

Wire-spring Hair Rollers, Curlers: Yes, I used them from the time I was very young (slept with a hair net over them too), only they were much larger, because I have long hair! :ROFLMAO:

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
400px-Elektronenroehren-auswahl.jpg

Vacuum Tubes

By the late 1920s such "tube radios" began to become a fixture of most Western world households, and remained so until the introduction of transistor radios in the mid 1950s.

In modern electronics, the vacuum tube has been largely superseded by solid state devices such as the transistor, invented in 1947 and implemented in integrated circuits in 1959, although vacuum tubes remain to this day in high-powered transmitters, as well as in television sets and computer monitors as the cathode ray tube display

Sam your Hair Rolls made me think of Vacuum Tubes

Samstwitch

Spoolies.jpg

Spoolies! When I was about 5 years old, my mother had my looong hair chopped off short. (I hated short hair, and my mother always had it chopped off, until I was old enough to stop her!) Anyway, when I was 5, I used spoolies to curl my very short hair. :)

Spoolies woman in bed.jpg

Samstwitch

Home Economics for women in the 50s.jpg

This photo speaks volumes about what was lost since the '50's, i.e.:
Good manners, noble wives, ladies, gentlemen, the clean-shaven look, suits and ties, etc.

Samstwitch

Monsanto Collage.jpg

MONSANTO HOUSE OF THE FUTURE

This was my ALL-TIME favorite attraction at Disneyland in Anaheim. It was built in the 1950's and STUPIDLY torn down in the 1960's. They had a heck of a time taking it down. The Wrecking Ball didn't even work, 'cause it was built so strong. I was so mad when they tore it down! :mad:

The photos here don't do it justice. Everything was very futuristic. The telephone had small monitors attached to view the person you were talking to 'live'. Everything was way ahead of it's time. It was awesome!

Monsanto House.jpg

Inside Monsanto.jpg

Monsanto house daytime.jpg