Working Model of Time Travel

Ren

What about collecting the GPS data from another dimension?

Navigating time and space would need an UNIVERSAL coordinates system, with precision down to a millimeter for spacial coordinates, and to a millisecond for time coordinates. You can't just travel thru time without displacing yourself thru the 3D universe. So all you need is to map the entire universe from the big bang up to the end of the universe. Easy stuff...

We can start with just our solar system. John didn't say he ventured beyond earth.

I've already thought of UPS (Universal Positioning System): Universal Positioning System

That must be why AlexanderTT had to check his displacement unit. It was still on. And he was getting his GPS coordinates from 2038 on this worldline/timeline.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Navigating time and space would need an UNIVERSAL coordinates system, with precision down to a millimeter for spacial coordinates, and to a millisecond for time coordinates. You can't just travel thru time without displacing yourself thru the 3D universe. So all you need is to map the entire universe from the big bang up to the end of the universe. Easy stuff...

We can start with just our solar system. John didn't say he ventured beyond earth.

I've already thought of UPS (Universal Positioning System): Universal Positioning System

That must be why AlexanderTT had to check his displacement unit. It was still on. And he was getting his GPS coordinates from 2038 on this worldline/timeline.

He could have had his universal coordinates pre-loaded. And BTW, as I've said, I doubt the whole universe was mapped. Unless he was planet hopping, he wouldn't need it. :)

paradox404

John said that his GPS system worked even though there were no satellites.

There is more than one way to have a global positioning system without spy satellites. In fact the basis for one can be found in most modern smart phones and if the device can collect readings during travel, then it will be able to say exactly where he is in relation to his own/beginning of the jump. I won't what makes it works though, that's my invention.