Worst time travel movie ever?

HDRKID

This time travel movie is so BAD it is funny, but there we are. Yeah, I cannot believe how poor it is. Like it would be hard to make the movie even worse. 60's were never this corny. Slang is painful, but this is being nice. It did not age well, in more ways an one. Who wrote this piece of $#@+ any way. Have a laugh!

Scarlet005

Oh. I thought this was going to be a poll. I wanted to vote for "The Time Traveler's Wife"!

But I'll check this silliness out anyway. Might be good for a laugh.

HDRKID

Don't waste too much time. Remember that -
TIME I$ MON€¥ :D

Ayasano

Oh. I thought this was going to be a poll. I wanted to vote for "The Time Traveler's Wife"!

I haven't seen the movie, but the book was awesome. A great example of non-linear storytelling. (The other being the movie "Primer", damn that movie was confusing the first time around. Awesome though)

Scarlet005

I haven't seen the movie, but the book was awesome. A great example of non-linear storytelling. (The other being the movie "Primer", damn that movie was confusing the first time around. Awesome though)

Just the opposite here. Saw the movie, haven't read the book. The book is usually better, but if the basic storyline is still the same, I still probably wouldn't like it. I didn't find it the least bit confusing. I just thought it was dumb.

Primer, I haven't seen. I'm not sure I've even heard of it. I'll look into it though.

Ayasano

Just the opposite here. Saw the movie, haven't read the book. The book is usually better, but if the basic storyline is still the same, I still probably wouldn't like it. I didn't find it the least bit confusing. I just thought it was dumb.

Primer, I haven't seen. I'm not sure I've even heard of it. I'll look into it though.

Ah, I only meant Primer was confusing, not TTTW. That was fairly straightforward. Apparently the adapatation of TTTW was really bad though, so keep that in mind. I personally didn't find the book dumb, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed Primer.

Scarlet005

That could be the problem then. I don't know why people don't make sure they're going to have some control over what changes are going to be made to the story when they sell the movie rights to their books. I wouldn't. A lot of good stories have been ruined that way.

Ayasano

That could be the problem then. I don't know why people don't make sure they're going to have some control over what changes are going to be made to the story when they sell the movie rights to their books. I wouldn't. A lot of good stories have been ruined that way.

I think it's a mixture of money, executive meddling and fine print. Most authors don't actually make that much, and just about scrape by with their books, or have day jobs. People like J.K. Rowling and Stephen King are the exception, not the rule.

Scarlet005

Well, I guess when most of your work is plagiarized, it's not hard for them to get it right, since they've seen it all before. :p

And as far as Stephen King, it's funny you mentioned him as A) He is who I was thinking of that actually DOES involve himself in the process, and B) I'm watching IT right now, lol.