Yellowstone's killer hazard: Active Supervolcano

walt willis

Funny you should post this info as I received a call late last night from a retired geologist friend warning me of some new disturbing information about this very subject.

Thanks for the updates.

IroncladMarshmallow

I can picture it now... liberal politicians passing a law making it mandatory that the earth get a permit to use its volcanoes. They're dangerous like guns, after all. And concealed carry of its volcanoes? Why I never! :D

TnWatchdog

Is there a nuclear power plant near the volcano?
us_nuclear_power_plants.gif

Looks like Colorado would be the closest but I would think any eruption could or would trigger activity in the New Madrid Fault line and we would be screwed or even worse. We should live each day, doing the best we can, and what happens underground happens...we can't control it...so have another cold one...I'm buying. lol

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Maybe I'm wrong about the safe zone. It may be a disaster zone. Look at all those nuclear power plants that could leak from earthquakes.

And yes, that picture looks familiar. LOL

TnWatchdog

Maybe I'm wrong about the safe zone. It may be a disaster zone. Look at all those nuclear power plants that could leak from earthquakes.

And yes, that picture looks familiar. LOL
I like North Dakota as a safe zone...but being from Minnesota I realize it is too darn cold up there so I'll take my chances where I am at.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Theoretical Primordial Black Hole - Evacuate Earth: Hell On Earth Part 1

Last edited: