You, the Seeker

taykair

It may be that there are alternate universes.

If there are, it may be that there are a vast number of them; so many that there may be billions upon trillions of "you"s out there - each "you" living its own life in its own universe. It may be that all of these "you"s are connected somehow. (Wouldn't be "you" otherwise, would it?)

It may be that, in one of those other universes, the "you" in that reality has the ability to communicate with the "you" who is in yours (in other words, you) across this connection. It may be, because of the huge gulf which exists between your two universes (to say it is a great distance would be to wrong the word "distance"), such communication is, you might say, garbled.

It may be that these communications are the source of our visions and imaginings - from the still, small voice to the full-screen, technicolor display.

And it may be that the sum total of all of these "you"s, plus the connection between them all, add up to the real You: A being whose consciousness exists within a numberless number of universes, and across the infinite void between them.

What do you seek? What does You seek? Is You complete? Or does You continue to seek through you?

Hazzie Hippie

Hi there :)

Alternate universes it’s wicked interesting topic . I just wrote a poem related to this topic recently :)

In my opinion is that the connection that you’ve mentioned here could might as well be what we experience as deja vu .Even though deja vu there is a actually an medical explanation in the medical field. But I think that this thought it’s wicked cool :)

Last edited:

taykair

Hi there :)

Alternate universes it’s wicked interesting topic . I just wrote a poem related to this topic recently :)

In my opinion is that the connection that you’ve mentioned here could might as well be what we experience as deja vu .Even though deja vu there is a actually an medical explanation in the medical field. But I think that this thought it’s wicked cool :)

I try not to think about it too much. It gives me a headache.

taykair

A few more random thoughts related to alternate universes and alternate "yous" and You:

- - -​

How many universes?

Let's ignore the more exotic ones for a moment. The one where our "evil twin" lives or the one where we have been unanimously elected President of Earth (or perhaps they are one and the same). Let's instead focus on two universes that are so similar that the difference hardly makes a difference.

Imagine a universe which is an exact duplicate of ours except for a tiny difference - the position of a single hydrogen atom.

Of course, it may be argued that, since everything else in both universes is exactly the same, then that unruly little hydrogen atom must be in its "proper place" as well, therefore there can be no universe with just one atom out of place. Perhaps a physicist can answer this. I can't.

I'm going to assume, until proven that it can't be so, that an alternate universe can exist with a single atom out of place. Given that, one can imagine how many possible similar alternate universes there can be. Add to that all the dissimilar ones, and the ones that are similar to the dissimilar ones, and we get one hell of a big number of universes.

- - -​

Given an unlimited number of alternate universes, is it possible that you not only have human "yous" - each living their alternate lives on alternate worlds - but that you also exist in other forms not necessarily human on other worlds? Perhaps the "goal of the game" is for You to exist in as many forms as possible and in as many universes as possible.

- - -​

Is it possible that those whom we deem to be gifted are connected in some way with more universes than we are? Is their genius due in part to their ability to see through the eyes of their other selves and somehow bring knowledge which is native to another universe into this one?

- - -​

Is it possible that, in one or more of these universes, there is someone who has the ability to communicate to - or even move between - at least a few of these universes?

- - -​

Have fun (or, make fun, as the case may be).