Youtube demonitizes antivax videos

HDRKID

Youtube demonitizes antivax videos just now. It is trying to combat what it calls fake news. Well, there is a chilling effect on freedom of expression. They will ban videos with which they do not agree. What I see is a rights erosion. Most are attempt to regulate what we can see.

Harte

Tell us from whence derives your right to post whatever you want on someone else's platform?
That anti-vax tripe IS a load of hogwash.

Harte

HDRKID

I am sure that women who were given Thalidomide in the 50's have a different opinion.

TAKEN FROM What is thalidomide? | Thalidomide
Thalidomide was described as a miracle drug. Thousands of samples were distributed to doctors, who were encouraged to prescribe it to pregnant women in order to alleviate pregnancy nausea. Everyone was told that this drug represented no risk at all for pregnant women.

Harte

I am sure that women who were given Thalidomide in the 50's have a different opinion.

TAKEN FROM What is thalidomide? | Thalidomide
Thalidomide was described as a miracle drug. Thousands of samples were distributed to doctors, who were encouraged to prescribe it to pregnant women in order to alleviate pregnancy nausea. Everyone was told that this drug represented no risk at all for pregnant women.
Exactly how is thalidomide a vaccine, and please show any evidence that there was forced vaccination using thalidomide anytime in the past.

Anyone that is against vaccination is an idiot.

Harte

Mayhem

Zenith
Quite a few I know in Ireland where given that.

Just like a lot of children that where adopted out and tested on make be sick.

glaxo kline smith they are called now.

Remnant

It's the company's right to allow people to say what they will and will not say on their own platform. It has been since ages. Doesn't even infringe on freedom of expression to not get paid for your videos.
though I can only hope they go the next step and ban these videos completely.

Kairos

Tell us from whence derives your right to post whatever you want on someone else's platform?
That anti-vax tripe IS a load of hogwash.

Harte

The problem here being that a few corporations of created and seized sole ownership of the public commons. To say they have a right to shut people out is to say they have the right to shut people out of the public square altogether.

Honestly, this is going to become a huge civil rights case in the near future. We need new laws to handle this. At one time, I am sure the power and phone companies could refuse to connect people they didn't like too. Not now. Trains could refuse to transport Irishmen out west. Not now. New technologies disrupt the complex legal and social framework around which we build society. There is always this initial period before society figures out how to manage the problems associated with that.

The best way to counter this anti-vax movement is comedy anyway. It is primarily a movement of liberal women, and liberal women are completely driven by social approval and disapproval.