YouTube's threat to free speech

TnWatchdog

Let's just say that I've been around longer than most members here and I've never seen so much BS as there has been the last couple of years...caused by liberal cry babies.
The liberal news media creates fake news and spreads fake news. Very upsetting the way they have been going after Conservatives. Now YouTube is becoming a threat to free speech.

You can never argue with a liberal because they think they know it all having been brainwashed all this time.

Harte

The site is not a "public" forum in any strict sense, so there is no free speech issue.

You are free to say whatever you want, but website owners are free to limit speech on their property to whatever they find acceptable.

Harte

Khaos

where the wild things are
You know most of the whining I have actually seen is coming from the right. I see it every time I open up a news article. Like this latest stuff with gun control. Its just the right complaining, whining. And of course you blame the left, and then start to throw insults around like libfart and libtard and other childish nonsensical names.

Oh yes please blame the left on gun control when its your right wing president who brought it up in the first place. Oh yes please blame it on the left regarding armed teachers, when its your right wing president who brought it up in the first place. Oh yes please blame the DACA repeal on the left, when its your right wing president who repealed DACA. Oh yes please blame the left on the two governement shutdowns this year, when in fact it was a REPUBLICAN that refused to strike a deal to prevent the two shutdowns.

How Republicans Created the Shutdown Crisis

Can't take responsibility for anything can we? Gotta find someone else to blame. Yup. That sounds rather familiar.

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter

Ah yup. Blame Obama, cause someone who hasn't been in office for two years somehow has something to do with a school shooting, russia, daca, armed teachers, transgendered bathrooms, or whatever else you right wing whiners keep spewing out.

Something else I have thought about too is, how exactly Republicans who control the house and senate, have done nothing but sit on their asses since January 2017 when Trump has been in office, blaming democrats this and that.

All of you are in control now. How about instead of whining and bitching, actually do the things you said you were going to do? What are you waiting for?

Last edited:

TnWatchdog

You know most of the whining I have actually seen is coming from the right. I see it every time I open up a news article. Like this latest stuff with gun control. Its just the right complaining, whining. And of course you blame the left, and then start to throw insults around like libfart and libtard and other childish nonsensical names.

Oh yes please blame the left on gun control when its your right wing president who brought it up in the first place. Oh yes please blame it on the left regarding armed teachers, when its your right wing president who brought it up in the first place. Oh yes please blame the DACA repeal on the left, when its your right wing president who repealed DACA. Oh yes please blame the left on the two governement shutdowns this year, when in fact it was a REPUBLICAN that refused to strike a deal to prevent the two shutdowns.

How Republicans Created the Shutdown Crisis

Can't take responsibility for anything can we? Gotta find someone else to blame. Yup. That sounds rather familiar.

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter

Ah yup. Blame Obama, cause someone who hasn't been in office for two years somehow has something to do with a school shooting, russia, daca, armed teachers, transgendered bathrooms, or whatever else you right wing whiners keep spewing out.

Something else I have thought about too is, how exactly Republicans who control the house and senate, have done nothing but sit on their asses since January 2017 when Trump has been in office, blaming democrats this and that.

All of you are in control now. How about instead of whining and bitching, actually do the things you said you were going to do? What are you waiting for?
Whatever...

TnWatchdog

@TnWatchdog We have problems with the liberals in the UK Dawg, thankfully they will never be in power in the UK..
Yeah, most of the liberal Democrats are a bunch of crooks but the problem is liberals control most of the media here, which has brainwashed 'weak' minds for a long period of time...so they get a pass. As I said before, you can't tell a liberal anything because they think they know everything...very delusional.
FB_IMG_1509264223332.jpg

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Personally I think the problem stems from a communist occupation in our government. City, state, and federal. Anyone notice how the democrats seem to embrace communist values? Who is creating the division? Hillary definitely has a derogatory term for each and every American. Just remember, united we stand, divided we fall.

The gun violence in Florida was a direct result of gun laws enacted in Florida. So in effect those children murdered were murdered by the Florida state government. Crazy people don't obey laws! No law will ever stop a crazy person.

TnWatchdog

John has some interesting thoughts on this subject...The Thought Police.
Who will establish what is true or false? A liberal, I hope not.

Kairos

The site is not a "public" forum in any strict sense, so there is no free speech issue.

You are free to say whatever you want, but website owners are free to limit speech on their property to whatever they find acceptable.

Harte

This of course misses the entire point. YouTube was the first to capture the massive network externality and now there can be no viable alternatives.

Furthermore. NO, they are not free to discriminate in that way. They want to be treated as common carriers so that they are not held liable for what is published on their site. But they act like a newspaper in censoring conservative and other right wing voices, which is supposed to relieve them of their common carrier status. Furthermore, there exists nothing in their contract that states that they actively discriminate against conservative voices. People purchase equipment and invest in this platform according to that contract, and then YouTube pulls the rug out from under them -- which is fraud.

If they want to behave this way, then they ought to lose their common carrier status. Full stop.