zeitgeist the movies your view?

lordalmighty1

i watched a couple of these a few years back and plan on watching them all again at some point as i remember them having some interesting things to say on a number of different topics. i was wondering how all of you feel about these videos? have you seen them are they valid conclusions or just nonsense?!

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

currently 3 movies with a 4th for this year (tba)
movie 1
movie 2
movie 3

(if this is already covered some place then im sorry for i could not easily find it through a search of the site)

Samstwitch

If this is the same movie that claims the whole story about Jesus, the Immaculate Conception, Virgin Mary, etc. is a myth handed down over the centuries to control the masses, then yes, I have seen it some time ago. It can shake a person's faith if they are not grounded. Personally, I know so much about Jesus, the Bible, Bible Prophecy, archeology, etc. from research and had so many supernatural personal experiences that I don't believe the claims made in this Zeitgeist movie. I'm a true believe in Jesus Christ being the Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary, Resurrected from the dead.

Zeitgeist is very convincing, just like the TV show "Ancient Aliens" that makes everything sound so believable, but the truth is that the statements made by so-called experts are way off the real mark.

The above is what I remember most about the movie. It also gets into Conspiracy Theories, but I cannot remember the details. However, I do support many Conspiracy Theories and the conspiratorial making of a New World Order. As a researcher, I know that is happening in the world we live in. The people are slaves controlled by the rich and elite, they just don't know it.

EXCERPTS FROM WIKIPEDIA:

While the film has been praised by some for being "compellingly edited", it has also been criticized for factual inaccuracies, and the quality of its arguments, with critics describing it as "agitprop" and "propaganda".

Regarding the origins of Christianity

Skeptic magazine's Tim Callahan criticizing the first part of the film (on the origins of Christianity) wrote that "some of what it asserts is true. Unfortunately, this material is liberally — and sloppily — mixed with material that is only partially true and much that is plainly and simply bogus. […] Zeitgeist is The Da Vinci Code on steroids."

Chris Forbes, Senior lecturer in Ancient History of Macquarie University and member of the Synod of the Diocese of Sydney, severely criticized Part I of the movie, asserting that it has no basis in serious scholarship or ancient sources, and that it relies on amateur sources that recycle frivolous ideas from one another, rather than serious academic sources, commenting, "It is extraordinary how many claims it makes which are simply not true." Similar conclusions were reached by Dr. Mark Foreman of Liberty University.

[END EXCERPTS]
SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_movie

BranPierce

I agree with Samstwitch...the first time I watched the Zeitgist stuff was almost frightening because it shakes pretty much everything you've been spoon-fed since birth up in one nice little compact package. I'm glad I watched it though. It didn't change my entire belief system or anything, but it did allow me to see the other side so I could have a better chance of making up my mind for myself. That's what's really important.

Samstwitch

I agree with Samstwitch...the first time I watched the Zeitgist stuff was almost frightening because it shakes pretty much everything you've been spoon-fed since birth up in one nice little compact package. I'm glad I watched it though. It didn't change my entire belief system or anything, but it did allow me to see the other side so I could have a better chance of making up my mind for myself. That's what's really important.

Be assured that Zeitgeist is full of false information mixed with truths.

If you want more proof that Jesus was really the Son of God and who He claimed to be, read this thread "Jesus was here" (Click the GREEN Titles to Link) and get this book, "He Walked the Americas" by L. Taylor Hansen" . I just finished reading it. It's incredible and must have taken the author many years to accumulate the information. I highly recommend it to everyone!

Another book I highly recommend as a companion to the Bible is "The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden" which is an accumulation of Apocryphas that complete Biblical stories.

BranPierce

That's very interesting. I'm going to look into it right away. Thanks for posting...it's nice to hear the other side too on things like this.