Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

EnergyGem

Hi all,

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

● Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

● The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

● Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

● Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilities that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

● The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

● Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

http://en.falundafa.org/eng/pdf/ZFL2014.pdf

TimeFlipper

So, i have a me a subordinate soul and a master soul...Could that make me, The Son The Father and The Holy Spirit? just joking mate, although i do find your posting very interesting indeed, especially as i wrote about Rupert Sheldrakes Morphic Field, from which i thought of myself as existing of three different entities...Thanks for sharing your information with us @EnergyGem :)

jcolanzi

The problem I have with their teachings is the requirement that you can only follow their system.

TimeFlipper

The problem I have with their teachings is the requirement that you can only follow their system.

Its the same for every religion, they all try to scare us into adopting their own beliefs...however i have been a Christian for as long as i can remember, but i dont know of any scare tactic thats been imposed on me, which forces me into believing..

jcolanzi

Its the same for every religion, they all try to scare us into adopting their own beliefs...however i have been a Christian for as long as i can remember, but i dont know of any scare tactic thats been imposed on me, which forces me into believing..

Most of their exercises can be found in other forms of qi gong.

Their exercise 2 is almost exactly the same as the five exercises of Zhan Zhuang.

EnergyGem

You're welcome TimeFlipper, I hope you find the book an insightful read. : )

Jcolanzi, it states in Zhuan Falun that you can practice whatever Cultivation way you like. Here are some excerpts from the book which expound on this point:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
excerpt 1:

"Here we’re teaching you to take the right path, and along with that, we’re teaching you the Law inside and out and encouraging you to have your own understanding of it, but it’s still up to you whether you decide to learn it. The master leads you through the door, but cultivation is up to you. Nobody’s going to push you to cultivate. It’s up to you whether you cultivate. Or to put it another way, when you choose your own path, when you decide what you want, or when you’re trying to get something—nobody will stop you. They can only try to kindly persuade you"

excerpt 2:

"Our Falun Dafa is one of the Buddhist system’s 84,000 disciplines. It’s never been passed on to the general public before during this period of civilization, but it did once save people on a large scale in a prehistoric age. Today I’m spreading it again widely during this final period of the kalpa’s end, so it’s just extremely precious."

excerpt 3:

"I’m not saying you have to learn my Falun Dafa, but I can say that what I’m doing is sharing some principles with you. If you want to cultivate you have to commit to one discipline, or else you won’t be able to cultivate one bit. Of course, if you don’t want to cultivate we’ll leave you alone. The Law is meant to be heard by people who really cultivate."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The problem comes along when you mix in different cultivation ways and try to practice them all together at the same time. The reason why this is a problem is expounded in a section of the book (in short it damages the mechanisms and cultivation energy systems that are installed in you) which you can check out here:

In Cultivation You Need to Commit to One Discipline

ZHUAN FALUN-The Third Talk

jcolanzi

You're welcome TimeFlipper, I hope you find the book an insightful read. : )

Jcolanzi, it states in Zhuan Falun that you can practice whatever Cultivation way you like. Here are some excerpts from the book which expound on this point:

excerpt 1:

"Here we’re teaching you to take the right path, and along with that, we’re teaching you the Law inside and out and encouraging you to have your own understanding of it, but it’s still up to you whether you decide to learn it. The master leads you through the door, but cultivation is up to you. Nobody’s going to push you to cultivate. It’s up to you whether you cultivate. Or to put it another way, when you choose your own path, when you decide what you want, or when you’re trying to get something—nobody will stop you. They can only try to kindly persuade you"

excerpt 2:

"Our Falun Dafa is one of the Buddhist system’s 84,000 disciplines. It’s never been passed on to the general public before during this period of civilization, but it did once save people on a large scale in a prehistoric age. Today I’m spreading it again widely during this final period of the kalpa’s end, so it’s just extremely precious."

excerpt 3:

"I’m not saying you have to learn my Falun Dafa, but I can say that what I’m doing is sharing some principles with you. If you want to cultivate you have to commit to one discipline, or else you won’t be able to cultivate one bit. Of course, if you don’t want to cultivate we’ll leave you alone. The Law is meant to be heard by people who really cultivate."

The problem comes along when you mix in different cultivation ways and try to practice them all together at the same time. The reason why this is a problem is expounded in a section of the book (in short it damages the mechanisms and cultivation energy systems that are installed in you) which you can check out here:

In Cultivation You Need to Commit to One Discipline

ZHUAN FALUN-The Third Talk

Read the story of any of the great martial artists throughout history and you'll see they studied as many styles as possible.

Look up the five positions used by Zhan Zhuang and compare them to exercise two.

EnergyGem

Read the story of any of the great martial artists throughout history and you'll see they studied as many styles as possible.

Look up the five positions used by Zhan Zhuang and compare them to exercise two.

Marital arts is different to cultivation to high levels. I highly recommend giving this a read (it's a section in the supplementary book Zhuan Falun Volume 2). It expounds on what they mean by 'No second discipline':

ZHUAN FALUN (VOLUME II)

jcolanzi

I've read the books and watched the videos.

The exercises work. The problem I have is with the fact that the founder is making himself out to be a guru of secret knowledge.

I also have problems with his metaphysical claims.

Do the exercises and open your energy channels.

Test the rest for yourself.