1930s Manchukuo and Ma Zhanshan

Alias Elysum

I'm writing the pilot episode for a time travel TV series I want to make (I am not a producer, director or any of the sort). The plot revolves around 2 time travellers meeting General Ma Zhanshan in Manchukuo and helping him make his resistance more powerful and successful against the Japanese.

In order to make contact with the General the two character would take a train from Vladivostok to Manchukuo and meet up with him at his residence at the time he is ill.

Any and all information regarding train travel during the period as well as Ma Zhanshan exact address would be very helpful.

Any other information on Ma Zhanshan you could provide would be much appreciated since what I have read so far is very vague and some sources contradict each others dates.

Thanks

IroncladMarshmallow

I can't help much with the history, but maybe I can suggest a couple of things. Ma Zhanshan was muslim. Were there any mosques in China back then? That would make it easier for time travelers to find him. And maybe the illness was accidentally (or not) caused by the time travelers, since they could carry pathogens to which he wasn't immune. Perhaps at first Ma refused to help them, but when they come back with a cure for his illness he changes his mind. Just an idea. :)