TheVoiceOfReason

What do we know of Titor's mysterious "brick wall" in 2564?

According to the transcript of the first fax at John Titor: The First Fax Titor had this to say:

Interestingly, when you travel in time, you must compensate for the orbit of the earth. Since the time machine doesn’t move, you have to adjust the engines so you remain on the planet when you turn it off. Unfortunately, it was also discovered that anyone going forward in time, from my 2036, hit a brick wall in the year 2564.

Everyone who has ever been there has reported that nothing exists. When the machine is turned off, you find yourself surrounded by blackness and silence.

Now, most time travelers are trying to find out where the line went bad by going into the past, creating a new universe, and proceeding forward to see if the same thing results in 2564. It appears the line went bad around the year 2000. I’m here now, in this time, to test a few theories of mine before going forward.

Does anyone have more information on this? I found a connection that might be of interest to certain people, which I'll share after hearing what the community has already uncovered.

outspoken

That doesnt make sense. If nothing exists, it would be a vacuum. How would you breath? The car windows would implode. Outer space is also very cold, like -100 degrees. You would freeze to death in a second if there was no matter.

Khaos

where the wild things are
That doesnt make sense. If nothing exists, it would be a vacuum. How would you breath? The car windows would implode. Outer space is also very cold, like -100 degrees. You would freeze to death in a second if there was no matter.

If Titor went to an area where nothing exists, not even space exists. Also I believe he wore an oxygen mask as well, from one of his forum posts I read a few years ago. And car windows imploding? You do know they have windows on the space station, right?

Besides, there's nothing in his statement that even implies they were in outer space. They were in an area that was completely black and silent.

TheVoiceOfReason

2564 is an awfully specific year. Not 2563, nor 2565. It's 528 years after Titor's time; neither a round numbered year in itself nor a round numbered span of years after Titor's, nor evenly divisible by the 60 years that they supposedly can travel with minimal divergence. This suggests some considerable trial and error on their part to determine exactly what year the nothingness begins in.

Has anyone read "The Time Bender" by Oliver Saari?

outspoken

If Titor went to an area where nothing exists, not even space exists. Also I believe he wore an oxygen mask as well, from one of his forum posts I read a few years ago. And car windows imploding? You do know they have windows on the space station, right?

Besides, there's nothing in his statement that even implies they were in outer space. They were in an area that was completely black and silent.

Have you ever put a car in space? The windows would explode. The space shuttles/space station have special windows that are sealed and can withstand that pressure. Saying you can put a 20 year old convertible in space - like Titor had, and believing he would survive is a little naive. There's a reason astronauts wear suits!!! Without a sun it would be at least minus 100 degrees - you would freeze to death in a second.

Khaos

where the wild things are

Have you ever put a car in space? The windows would explode. The space shuttles/space station have special windows that are sealed and can withstand that pressure. Saying you can put a 20 year old convertible in space - like Titor had, and believing he would survive is a little naive. There's a reason astronauts wear suits!!! Without a sun it would be at least minus 100 degrees - you would freeze to death in a second.

You don't need to insult me in order to respond to me.

Ayasano

Actually, freezing to death is the least of your worries in a vacuum. Radiation is a very poor transfer of heat compared to conduction and convection, so it would take several hours for your body to approach freezing point.

The lack of air pressure is the most serious danger, causing air bubbles to form in bodily fluids which then expand, followed by the loss of oxygen in the tissues. It takes around 15 seconds for unconsciousness to set in, and the theoretical maximum time before death is unavoidable is 90 seconds.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't think a car, let alone a 20 years old car is made so that air can't get out of it if it was ever caught in an hypothetical vacuum. If it was the case, those cars would be able to go underwater as well. What do you think?