404 Page and Live Alerts

Num7

Administrator
Staff
In the last 2 days, I had a chance to tweak and fine tune a few things around here. Among other things, here are the 2 new features that deserve to be introduced:

First, a new cool "404 Page not found" page:
404.png

You can click here to see it:
http://paranormalis.com/404

Whenever someone follows an invalid link to Paranormalis, they'll get there. For example, someone could get here through a very old link that was created while Paranormalis wasn't on XenForo (4 to 10 years ago). It would result in a 404 error. The previous 404 page was pretty basic. So basic in fact, that it was almost hard to find the error message in the page, especially if it was your very first visit. It made you feel like the site was broken. I like this new one better!

Second, I found an add-on that brings update alerts to the next level: If you happen to have alert on Paranormalis while navigating the Internet in another tab of your web browser, the icon the tab containing Paranormalis will show a little red bubble with the number of updates. Check it out:

liveupdate.png

Pretty fancy uh!?!

I'm going to post regular updates here, in the form of an admin log. Feedback and comments are very welcome, as always! :)

Num7 out!