A 3rd option

IroncladMarshmallow

I usually have that problem during the meditative state just prior to what is supposed to be astral projection.
I've never done astral projection. Does it work?

Yeah, one time for me it worked.

After a successful meditation I actually got up out of my body and started to walk toward the door. But when I went to open the door, my hand passed right through the door knob. I didn't expect that. So I turned around and saw my body on the bed. I don't think I was prepared for the overwhelming emotion of fear that I felt at the time. Immediately I was back in my body, gasping for air, my heart was trying to pound right out of my chest.

At the time I gave up trying because of the fear. But it's been years since I've done that. And everything I read about it says you aren't harming yourself. So I just have to overcome my fear. But it seems now I have a mental block that is preventing me from leaving. But I'm presently using hypnotic suggestion to try and overcome what's holding me back.
Wow that's crazy. Did you see things as clearly as you normally do when not astral protecting, or was it like a dream?

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I usually have that problem during the meditative state just prior to what is supposed to be astral projection.

After a successful meditation I actually got up out of my body and started to walk toward the door. But when I went to open the door, my hand passed right through the door knob. I didn't expect that. So I turned around and saw my body on the bed. I don't think I was prepared for the overwhelming emotion of fear that I felt at the time. Immediately I was back in my body, gasping for air, my heart was trying to pound right out of my chest.

At the time I gave up trying because of the fear. But it's been years since I've done that. And everything I read about it says you aren't harming yourself. So I just have to overcome my fear. But it seems now I have a mental block that is preventing me from leaving. But I'm presently using hypnotic suggestion to try and overcome what's holding me back.
Wow, that's insane... :O I've read a lot about it, I've always been interested in astral projection... One time I dreamt that I left my body, it was terrifying...the sensation I had...I woke up, kind of freaked out by it...Not sure it was astral projection, but it's the closest I've been to it...let me know if you attempt it again!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Wow that's crazy. Did you see things as clearly as you normally do when not astral protecting, or was it like a dream?

It wasn't a dream. I remained consciously aware throughout the meditative state. The clarity of everything around me was crystal clear.

I have been trying to do this now for three months every night using the technique I used years ago. But it doesn't work anymore. But from what I've read, other people do overcome this initial fear. So I'm trying hypnotic suggestion to see if maybe I developed a mental block.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Wow, that's insane... :O I've read a lot about it, I've always been interested in astral projection... One time I dreamt that I left my body, it was terrifying...the sensation I had...I woke up, kind of freaked out by it...Not sure it was astral projection, but it's the closest I've been to it...let me know if you attempt it again!

When I was younger, I used to wake up in the night completely frozen and unable to move. From what I've come across on that is you could actually transition into your astral body from the frozen state.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
From time travel to astral projection.. :) See, I can't talk about these things with most people, they just aren't as interested... Now I know you can transport to an "astral plane" or whatever you wanna call it, but is this like another dimention, are there multiple? Do the entities from the astral plane come into our world as well? Or...have I just seen "Insidious" one times too many... :p

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I guess from what I've read, you can go anywhere in your astral form. Or anytime. It didn't seem like I left the physical realm during my one successful attempt. I've read that the government uses people that are good at this to spy on others.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Einstein, what technique did you use?

This is the technique I originally used years ago that worked after two weeks of trying every night:

Lie down on your back where you will not be disturbed. It's important to allow your body to shutdown all sensation. So remain motionless. An empty stomach is considered helpful. Close your eyes. Now the object is to quell your mind of normal conscious thought without falling asleep. To do that you need to focus. At the time it was suggested that I focus on an object. The object I chose was a chalkboard. So I lie there motionless just holding the image of a chalkboard in my minds eye. At first it was hard to maintain focus. But with practice you can maintain longer and longer times. No verbal or other image thoughts are allowed. If you do let other thoughts in, your mind will not allow you to enter into the astral state. So this does take regular practice to achieve the goal. How long? As long as it takes. I've lain motionless in meditative thought for an hour without results. And I wouldn't be surprised if some can be off traveling astrally in 5 minutes. All depends on how fast your body and mind can be quelled into a quiescent state. Anyway after a lengthy time I opened my minds eye and could see my surroundings. So I imagined getting up out of the bed in my astral body. It worked. But this didn't just happen. I had to put considerable effort into developing the meditative thought routine to achieve this.

With the internet you can access lots of information on this subject. At the time I tried this there was no internet. I checked out a book on astral projection from my local library. Be prepared and know what to expect.