A Machine

Opiate

I work on an ambulance. At work right now as a matter of fact. I just got finished with a call and something about it stuck with me. First of all, I deal with a lot of psych patients, so I know what its like talking to a crazy person. or someone on drugs. Anyways, I get a call for a patient who is short of breath. My partner and I arrived on scene and found a single police car, a 28 yo male, his deaf stepfather and his stepfathers deaf girlfriend. When I got the guy into my ambulance he preceded to tell me how he was at a house a few blocks from there where he was hanging out with his stepfather and a few of his friends. I says he was watching tv when he noticed no one else was around and found them in a bed room. He stated that two men had his stepfather hooked up to a "machine", as he called it, by two wires. He described it as a little black box with two wires and that it made a sound "like a tattoo gun". He stated he walked into the room in time to hear one of them say "its ok, hes breathing again" referring to his stepfather who was hooked up to the machine. He then states one of the men said "hurry, hook him up to it" at which time he ran out of the house and called the police, which is where I came in.
I know it sounds like a story from a crazy person but for some reason...well...Im just not sure. like I said, psych patients are something i deal with everyday and this person did not display any of the normal symptoms or behaviors that are associated with psychiatric disease.
Does this sound like any story anyone has come across?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I work on an ambulance. At work right now as a matter of fact. I just got finished with a call and something about it stuck with me. First of all, I deal with a lot of psych patients, so I know what its like talking to a crazy person. or someone on drugs. Anyways, I get a call for a patient who is short of breath. My partner and I arrived on scene and found a single police car, a 28 yo male, his deaf stepfather and his stepfathers deaf girlfriend. When I got the guy into my ambulance he preceded to tell me how he was at a house a few blocks from there where he was hanging out with his stepfather and a few of his friends. I says he was watching tv when he noticed no one else was around and found them in a bed room. He stated that two men had his stepfather hooked up to a "machine", as he called it, by two wires. He described it as a little black box with two wires and that it made a sound "like a tattoo gun". He stated he walked into the room in time to hear one of them say "its ok, hes breathing again" referring to his stepfather who was hooked up to the machine. He then states one of the men said "hurry, hook him up to it" at which time he ran out of the house and called the police, which is where I came in.
I know it sounds like a story from a crazy person but for some reason...well...Im just not sure. like I said, psych patients are something i deal with everyday and this person did not display any of the normal symptoms or behaviors that are associated with psychiatric disease.
Does this sound like any story anyone has come across?

Did you by chance see the machine yourself?

Opiate

Did you by chance see the machine yourself?[/QUOTE]

no, I didn't. I wasnt able to go into the house that the patient said he came from. It wasnt his house. Im usually not paranoid or suspicious about things but there was only one cop on scene. That never happens. not even in the rural areas that i work in. The whole thing was just weird. I wish I would have been able to ask more questions. I didnt want to upset him anymore than he already was.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

no, I didn't. I wasnt able to go into the house that the patient said he came from. It wasnt his house. Im usually not paranoid or suspicious about things but there was only one cop on scene. That never happens. not even in the rural areas that i work in. The whole thing was just weird. I wish I would have been able to ask more questions. I didnt want to upset him anymore than he already was.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they were messing around with a defibulator or something, however that is spelled.

Opiate

no, I didn't. I wasnt able to go into the house that the patient said he came from. It wasnt his house. Im usually not paranoid or suspicious about things but there was only one cop on scene. That never happens. not even in the rural areas that i work in. The whole thing was just weird. I wish I would have been able to ask more questions. I didnt want to upset him anymore than he already was.

Sounds like they were messing around with a defibulator or something, however that is spelled.[/QUOTE]
except what he described sounded nothing like an AED and it would be almost impossible to get a hold of a true defib. I dont know. I really think I was just tired and it was 230 am. I dont think I have to describe how that time feels to people in these forums. So probably was just a crazy person

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Hmm... So only one cop showed up, huh? That does seem very unusual... What happened to the stepfather? Was he conscious when you guys arrived? Did he have anything to say about what was going on? Was this in a rural area?

TimeFlipper

The weird thing to me is when your friend first went in and saw his stepfather hooked up to a machine with 2 wires one of the guys said, its ok he`s breathing again...and the next thing said was, Hurry hook him up to it...Now then shouldnt have hurry hook him up to it, come first and THEN, its ok he`s breathing again??

If it happened like you first put it, then that is a case for time going backwards...But of course you could have got the 2 happenings in the wrong order...please clarify this :)

Opiate

I know it sounds like a jumbled mess, the patient was really frightned and it was hard to get everything out of him coherently.. And I didnt actually see the machine or anything. I met the patient outside down the street from the house. And like PoisonApple and i said, one cop?
Also, I suppose it might be relevant that this is a medium to small sized town, depending on what you are used to, and it has a little hospital. Its an important hospital though because the next closest hospital is 40 miles away. And for the first time since I have been working an ambulance the hospital was closed. When I told the patient that the hospital was closed he said he didnt want to go to the hospital and to let him out. Being he wasnt PECed or under arrest we had no choice but to let him out. So he jumped out, with no shoes, and walked down the street.