A Vaccine for Space Travel

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I guess I would question the reasoning behind the needs for such a vaccine.

Is it for long term space endeavors ?

Yes, the article says they are trying to stop the muscle and bone atrophy of weightlessness and decided it would be great research for the earthbound elderly too.

I think they should work on gravity for spaceships instead. I mean, look at Star Trek. They can walk around and all species seem to be able to handle the same amount of gravity. :ROFLMAO:

Wind7

Staff
With the concerns of looking for (and possibly finding) Earth-like planets and with all the hoopla
about UFO/Alien discoveries and the crap going on with our own Planet......It makes me scratch my head a bit.

"Wot the Bloody Hell's going on??"

If the plans are to find and populate another planet....This would all make sense,
wouldn't it? Speaking of the future, of course.

8thsinner

All you need to trigger muscle growth is the correct electron flow with a wave structure compatible with the muscle morphogenetics. As for aging, does no one remember the 2002/2004 ish nobel prize? they know it is a creation triggered by environmental distortions and not a natural process. If you want healthy long life, remove the distortions of the environment..in three generations we would be 700 years old again.
Why the hell you'd want to be here for 700 years though I don't know. Doesn't seem worth it to me

Beholder

Why the hell you'd want to be here for 700 years though I don't know. Doesn't seem worth it to me
If you really hold a grudge against someone, you can insult their grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grandchildren on Mars and let them know what their ancestor did with daily phone calls, letters with mumified body parts, and names written in blood on walls.