AI

HDRKID

Authors who use artificial intelligence tools can not copywrite their books anymore.

This will probably extend to computer programs soon. A strange world we are in.

mars350-gigapixel2.jpg

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Computers and robots are the slaves of mondern society.
History always repeats itself in modified forms: Handheld calculators was the big thing in the 1960s and 1970s, in time they became cheaper and cheaper, everyone had one. Before handheld calculators you had to use something called "math", to calculate numbers in there head or using paper and pencil. Now days, very few people is pad and pencil and they're not very good at it like in the good old days. Over-time people got lazy, they started using handheld calculators for everything, because they were more accurate to the right of the decimal point in accuracy.

And also there was a time when people used sliderules for engineering problems in school, college or engineering jobs. Most young people today have no idea what a sliderule looks like or even how to use it. I use to own two sliderules, which I still have them today. A great tool for calculating ratios and engineering problems. My favorite sliderule was the electronic sliderule, with it you could calculate all kinds of electronic and electrical calculations in matter of seconds.

Professor Opmmur

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
History always repeats itself in modified forms: Handheld calculators was the big thing in the 1960s and 1970s, in time they became cheaper and cheaper, everyone had one. Before handheld calculators you had to use something called "math", to calculate numbers in there head or using paper and pencil. Now days, very few people is pad and pencil and they're not very good at it like in the good old days. Over-time people got lazy, they started using handheld calculators for everything, because they were more accurate to the right of the decimal point in accuracy.

And also there was a time when people used sliderules for engineering problems in school, college or engineering jobs. Most young people today have no idea what a sliderule looks like or even how to use it. I use to own two sliderules, which I still have them today. A great tool for calculating ratios and engineering problems. My favorite sliderule was the electronic sliderule, with it you could calculate all kinds of electronic and electrical calculations in matter of seconds.

Professor Opmmur

I used to use a sliderule in high school. But today I can't even remember how to use one.

HDRKID

Hi Einstein, believe or not my dad was able to get a slide rule at a garage sale and he later showed it to me. I was amazed at how powerful it was. I asked my dad if the Ancient Romans could have used one. He said - yes.

AI art generators can create almost real-looking images. Just look at this one. Well, the store signs are wrong. It should be ready in a few years.

deadtown2048very.jpg

8thsinner

Hi Einstein, believe or not my dad was able to get a slide rule at a garage sale and he later showed it to me. I was amazed at how powerful it was. I asked my dad if the Ancient Romans could have used one. He said - yes.

AI art generators can create almost real-looking images. Just look at this one. Well, the store signs are wrong. It should be ready in a few years.

View attachment 16169
It may look realistic but still feels empty, actually it feels like a portal of emptiness.

Wind7

Staff
It may look realistic but still feels empty, actually it feels like a portal of emptiness.

Couldn't agree more.

Nice picture but......Yeah, the feeling is just withdrawn...Exactly as you describe.

That's what I've gotten out of a few Chats with AI as well.
I wonder when they will try to Humanize it.............................. ...... .... .. .

8thsinner

Couldn't agree more.

Nice picture but......Yeah, the feeling is just withdrawn...Exactly as you describe.

That's what I've gotten out of a few Chats with AI as well.
I wonder when they will try to Humanize it.............................. ...... .... .. .
It is odd actually when you put it that way, we know they have the ability to manipulate the electromagnetic frequencies behind imagery and they use it all the time in advertising and films and other video so why aren't they using it? What are they waiting for?
Is it possible this ai doesn't have those kinds of resources?
Or are they waiting for higher numbers of naive people to get addicted to using it first? Trying to raise the kids on it so that they can manipulate them more deeply later?

Wind7

Staff
It is odd actually when you put it that way, we know they have the ability to manipulate the electromagnetic frequencies behind imagery and they use it all the time in advertising and films and other video so why aren't they using it? What are they waiting for?
Is it possible this ai doesn't have those kinds of resources?
Or are they waiting for higher numbers of naive people to get addicted to using it first? Trying to raise the kids on it so that they can manipulate them more deeply later?
Absolutely. It's there to make certain it's programmed into them for future marketing. $$$$
It's everywhere, these integrations into the psyche of people and it's not just kids (but you know that)

I call it the Dick Tracy Syndrome.
He talked into his watch way back when it was all Science Fiction.
Unlike today.

The silence is roaring and no one is the wiser.