Alien life on Titan?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Alien life on Titan?

I've read somewhere that even though these conclusions were pretty cool, they should consider every other conclusions not related to alien life before claiming anything about real actual life.

That'd be awesome to know there's life that close to the Earth. Well, Titan is still very far away. I wonder how much time a spaceship would take to go there. It takes what... 9 months to go on Mars ?

alejandroluis

for one thing it would be sheer arrogance on the part of man to think that we are the only intelligent life in a universe so vast that it simply cannot be measured....secondly why do we always assume that intelligent life could only come from another galaxy....that they have to travel for days or months at the speed of light just to get here ? i agree with Stephen Hawking..that alien life is already here and it is my belief that they probably didnt have to travel far to get here either...

alejandroluis

altho i am assuming that aliens have the capacity of traveling as fast if not faster than the speed of light...

Whitelight

I think we assume it comes from another galaxy because we have not found it in ours yet, and being humans, we think we know everything.

tuvok50

another thing, man always assumes that life must be simlilar to him........life from other worlds could be based on a totally different biology

Whitelight

Definately, I think that is what the article was kinda touching on. If it were something, it's something that functions completely different from us.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

I do remember a fairly extensive paper, years ago, suggesting that Helium II could be the basis for life. I'll have a mooch I think and see if I can find anything on it.

StarLord

First off, would it be so bad if ET looked exactly like us? That is not to say that there would not be a plethora of various other lifeforms entirely unlike Homo Sapien. One of the best examples of course was the very first cantina scene in Star Wars. I believe the most famous aliens look like us movie was back in 1955, This Island Earth. If you haven't seen it, it's worth the look see if SciFi is your cup of tea.

As vast as the universe is, silly beyond compare would the concept be that we were the only intelligent life form. Alright, foolish even.

Pan Spermia makes some very good sense. I suspect when Harte sees that he'll jump on it like a junebug at a chicken convention. From some recent readings of a new way to translate hebrew, the first few chapters of the Bible take on a whole new meaning. I have seen other references to mankind's (yes, AND womankind's) genesis being that of otherworldly source, i.e. seeded direct DNA manipulation. I do not, for one second, believe that the world is only 6,000 years or so old and made by God to "appear" to test equipment as if it's millions of years old, as some of the followers of the semetic faith believe. I happen to subscribe to the allegations that there have been several civilizations on this planet spanning back some several hundreds thousands of years.

I do have a question or two regarding Helium II. At what pressure does it appear? And what the hell is and or makes up a superfluid?

""helium II definition
helium II
noun Liquid helium existing as a superfluid below the transition point of approximately 2.2°K at 1 atmosphere and having extremely low viscosity and extremely high thermal conductivity.""