Am I the last person on Earth to use MSN?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Again and again when someone wants to get in touch with me over the Internet or the other way, I say "Hey, here's my hotmail address, just poke me on MSN". They look at me like I'm kidding or something. Kinda like if someone told you "Hey buddy, here's my telegraph's number!".

Back then I had tons of friends on there, now we are barely 3 or 4 people in my contact list. The others are just gone.

Are you guys all chatting on Facebook or something? Am I the last geek to use good ol' vintage MSN? Let me know, I'm getting worried!

Oh and I'm aware that they're going to close Live in the near future. Sounds like I'll have to switch to another chat platform, after a decade of using MSN.

Octavusprime

I would say most people are now using facebook. For invites to events, instant messaging and what was formally email. Facebook sends emails when something is posted on your page or a private message is sent. MSN is dead or at the very least not used by many.

I don't facebook much and I have many friends complain about it. Saying I'm hard to get in touch with due to it. I fought the facebook thing for awhile but it good at what it does and it is the prefered social/chatting media at this time.

titorite

Again and again when someone wants to get in touch with me over the Internet or the other way, I say "Hey, here's my hotmail address, just poke me on MSN". They look at me like I'm kidding or something. Kinda like if someone told you "Hey buddy, here's my telegraph's number!".

Back then I had tons of friends on there, now we are barely 3 or 4 people in my contact list. The others are just gone.

Are you guys all chatting on Facebook or something? Am I the last geek to use good ol' vintage MSN? Let me know, I'm getting worried!

Oh and I'm aware that they're going to close Live in the near future. Sounds like I'll have to switch to another chat platform, after a decade of using MSN.

You and that other guy that enjoys using windows 8 and thats it I think.

also I remain facebook free. To heck with suckerberg and his stolen idea, VIVA LA MYSPACE!!!!!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't like Facebook either, but everyone's on there. Around me, I don't know much people who are using other social medias than Facebook. No Twitter, no MySpace, etc.

I still have to find the one person who likes Windows 8! Sounds like a myth to me. Hehe.

BlastTyrant

What is this MSN you speak of? Is that like Windows messenger? or Kazaa? Long lost and forgotten software :LOL:, everyone i know who chats uses Yahoo, I prefer to chat as i do far far to much talking during the day,

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Windows Live Messenger used to be MSN a long time ago.

I agree it's history now though. Did you ever use ICQ? I used to be on there before MSN/Live became the most popular chat platform.

BlastTyrant

Nope i have always Used Yahoo or Windows live. I enjoyed going into the random chat rooms to see what the people said lol

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I believe a number of postings from Alexander the time traveler on my time travel forum was MIRC Chat based. Alexander communicated with many of the original members of "Time Travel Forum", the sister site of paranormalis. Alexander knew John Titor, both were from 2036 and 2038.

The Link to my web site for The Alexander Chat Files: Time Travel Theory Forum
http://s3.zetaboards.com/Time_Travel_Theory/index/