1. Welcome to Paranormalis!

Come on in and join our discussions about the paranormal and time travel! Take a moment to Register and gain extra privileges that you don't have as a guest.
    Registration is simple and free! If you encounter any problem, contact support.

Already a member? Login Now!
  2. Thursday November 6th 2014, 8:00 PM EST
    Paranormalis Chat Event

Anonymous To Attack Facebook On November 5th?

Discussion in 'The News Wire' started by Num7, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Num7

Num7 Administrator

Is it a scheme to make people stop using Facebook, or are they really gonna make it?

2. Whitelight

Whitelight Senior Member

Eh, we don't need Facebook!

I would be fine if it dissappeared.

3. Num7

Num7 Administrator

I use it sometime, I never posted anything of great importance. Nothing they could sell to the Gov.

I Facebook came to disappear, a lot of people would get their life back. Some weirdos are posting like crazy, all the time. It seems they post so much, they must be on there full time.

4. Whitelight

Whitelight Senior Member

Actually, I have to admit that I posted a Facebook status from my BlackBerry while playing hide and seek. I was bored waiting for my mother in law to find me so I posted on Facebook what I was doing, haha.

5. Num7

Num7 Administrator

I post on Facebook from my phone sometimes too. I shared my location a few times and thought about it a bit afterwards. Imagine I had thousands of friends... They would all know where I am in the moment. Perhaps at least one of them could take advantage of my absence from home to steal stuff and such.

I don't share my location anymore!

6. ZeoEmeraude

ZeoEmeraude Senior Member

Wow. I mean I use Facebook hell, millions do. After what happened to Sony and others, I would not put it past em. These folks mean business it seems.

7. NerdyGilr3

NerdyGilr3 Active Member

NOOOOOO it's a disaster! What am I gonna do when I come back home if there's no more Facebook???? *cries*
    Maybe I'll have free time again? Hahaha! :ROFLMAO:
    And what's gonna happen to the *Brand New* Paranormalis Official Facebook Page???

8. kcwildman

kcwildman Senior Member

oh hell no:mad: not when I just got started on the thing and now its gonna be gone.. the kids got me set up on the facebook thing said i had to join the 21st century...LOL

NerdyGilr3 likes this.
  9. ZeoEmeraude

I have noticed that certain apps that i play daily are not loading. In fact, they are glitching up. Now, it may be just server issues, but November 5th is drawing near. Anyone else having issues with stuff on Facebook?

10. Techciple

Techciple Junior Member

Facebook locations can easily be manipulated so I don't think location is as interesting as our actual posts.

11. titorite

titorite Senior Member

If you check various anon sites you will read about how this fish tale is just that... it's a fake op meant to get people to chase their tales.

12. Num7

Num7 Administrator

I'm still curious about the outcome. I don't expect anything though.

Techciple likes this.
  13. ZeoEmeraude

My page is still up.

14. titorite

titorite Senior Member

15. Graveyard Hound

Graveyard Hound Active Member

Do I need FACEBOOK? I seldom submit anything, though reading it is interesting, when I think about reading it. If it went away yesterday, I might have noticed but not very likely. If it did go away, what might replace it? Is it better to keep something, one is familiar but not all that enchanded with or go for something new snd not know whst you might be gettinh before the first one arrives?

16. Rosco..Jones

Rosco..Jones Active Member

Hmmm... Every consider the possibility that Anonymous is a covert branch of the government?

17. Techciple

Techciple Junior Member

Great, now paranoia is paranoid. Anonymous is a loosely connected group of people who share certain activist aspirations. This is difficult, if not impossible for a government to infiltrate. Especially when they take down infrastructure and even the F.B.I, which when you think about it, is quite embarrassing to the government. But instead of me raving on, have a read;

http://anonops.blogspot.com.au/

18. lordalmighty1

lordalmighty1 Junior Member

Techciple likes this.
  19. Num7

Num7 Administrator

They appear to attack a lot of gov. sites recently.

Techciple likes this.
  20. Techciple

Techciple Junior Member

The internet for all it's faults has become a tool of the 99% who are dissatisfied with the ruling 1%. The internet is morphing before our eyes from being technology to being a fundamental right of everyone. Look at how the media companies and the U.S government backed away from SOPA and PIA when the public outcry (assisted by strategic take downs of key sites) became so loud they couldn't deny it. They will try again, controlling the internet is real power, so we must stay vigilant. I know I sound like a poster boy for Anonymous but think about it people. Everyone has a conspiracy theory, but this one's for real.

http://anonops.blogspot.com.au/