Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware Software

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I was using MalwareBytes AND SuperAntiSpyware AND SpyBot, but with a new update, Malware Bytes started making our computers unusable and slow. So, I deleted Malware and installed Kaspersky. Why do I use so many? Each have found viruses that the others have not. What happens is that my kids want me to get obscure mods on bad websites that have files on them full of viruses, so they ended up on my PC and I basically was the one that allowed them to pass the protection because I installed them. So, 1. I stopped downloading that stuff and 2. I stay protected. :)

SpyBot - I don't keep it in memory. I just scan about once a month with it. Superantispyware does a great job of getting rid of adware viruses, but doesn't seem to be able to BLOCK them from happening in the first place.

@Snow

Snow

Yes, I use the several that I use for the same reason. They all catch different things. And I visit a couple really risky sites to watch current TV shows and first run movies. I never recommend them to anyone because not only do you get all this nonsense adware and spyware, you also get naked women waving their booties in your face or even worse images lol. I never download - I just stream, but I still get all trashed up on a daily basis. SuperAntiSpyware clears out 100's of adware and pup sh*ts a day. If I run Malwarebytes first it catches a lot but not all that SAS catches, but when I run it second it sometimes catches something SAS left behind.

Since you are using Kaspersky in place of MBam, do you use it first or second? I would like to try it. There was a time when MWB did cause extreme slowness for me too. So then I just didn't try to browse while it was running, I did it when I was washing dishes or something. Last year when I got a different tower, I accidentally hit the free trial for the Pro version and that was very fast. When the trial ran out, the 'fast' remained but the bells and whistles didn't.

I have been using these things for years but when I switched to SAS, MBam, and CCleaner it was on the advice of a techie/guru friend of mine, after he had to give my computer an enema and reinstall everything. At the time I was using AVG since like 2002? and he changed me up and told me to use them every day. When I went from XP to 7, I started using Microsoft Security Essentials as well, because my friend said that so far he couldn't find anything wrong with it.

@PaulaJedi

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Yes, I use the several that I use for the same reason. They all catch different things. And I visit a couple really risky sites to watch current TV shows and first run movies. I never recommend them to anyone because not only do you get all this nonsense adware and spyware, you also get naked women waving their booties in your face or even worse images lol. I never download - I just stream, but I still get all trashed up on a daily basis. SuperAntiSpyware clears out 100's of adware and pup sh*ts a day. If I run Malwarebytes first it catches a lot but not all that SAS catches, but when I run it second it sometimes catches something SAS left behind.

Since you are using Kaspersky in place of MBam, do you use it first or second? I would like to try it. There was a time when MWB did cause extreme slowness for me too. So then I just didn't try to browse while it was running, I did it when I was washing dishes or something. Last year when I got a different tower, I accidentally hit the free trial for the Pro version and that was very fast. When the trial ran out, the 'fast' remained but the bells and whistles didn't.

I have been using these things for years but when I switched to SAS, MBam, and CCleaner it was on the advice of a techie/guru friend of mine, after he had to give my computer an enema and reinstall everything. At the time I was using AVG since like 2002? and he changed me up and told me to use them every day. When I went from XP to 7, I started using Microsoft Security Essentials as well, because my friend said that so far he couldn't find anything wrong with it.

@PaulaJedi

Kaspersky - it's my main anti-virus now and I leave it in memory. I don't notice any performance issues at all. I like the web features. It tells me when a site is trying to connect to my PC or drop cookies and I can click "disconnect" and disallow it. Also, I got 5 licenses with my purchase, so it was a really good deal. I am pleased so far.

I stopped AVG when my whole household received a nasty virus that it didn't even detect....

Microsoft Security Essentials - I may have that still running in the background. I never turned any Microsoft protection off. lol